Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sex and marriage with robots by 2050

UM-Bot

user posted image rSubmitted by Zandore: Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows. "My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience.

Levy recently completed his Ph.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Live Science

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcman

• SoulFire

• ASOP

• InnerSpace

Anyone remember the episode of Futurama where Fry dates a robot copy of Lucy Liu? Exactly what I'm picturing right now.

Does anyone remember "Rosie", from the Jetson's back in 1962...Now there was a female who had everything under control :D

Sex without the possible consequence of a child or disease, yet with all the feeling of real, human intimacy?

Sounds great. Artificial Intelligence and Robotics are very interesting to me.

Sounds great, marriage to a robot. :w00t:

No more nagging for... coming home late, keeping my pay to myself, sitting around watch'n sports all day while 'it' does all the house work cook'n & clean'n. The best part of all it does as it's told, shuts up when you tell it to and never answers back...

lol!

edit: forgot about no more head aches before sex part.

Edited by REBEL

No more nagging for... coming home late, keeping my pay to myself, sitting around watch'n sports all day while 'it' does all the house work cook'n & clean'n. The best part of all it does as it's told, shuts up when you tell it to and never answers back...

lol!

I think they should patent out the male's for the females...Then when we say "not tonight, I have a headache", they give us two tylenol and leave us alone... :w00t:

Does anyone remember "Rosie", from the Jetson's back in 1962...Now there was a female who had everything under control :D

:tsu:

Quote from Rebel

Sounds great, marriage to a robot.

lol!

LOL, you just described a Twilight Zone episode where this man was sent to another planet(deserted) to serve out his prison sentence, and after years of being alone on this planet he was visited by authorities and left with a package that contained a female robot. If you ever get a chance....watch that show. You'll get it!!! :P:rolleyes::lol:

edit/typo

Edited by Inner Space

i would do a really hot robot

What if she turns out to be an evil fem-bot with "machine gun jubblies?

What if she turns out to be an evil fem-bot with "machine gun jubblies?

i would pull out her power pack (like they use to do to the robot on lost in space)

Naaa. Not for me I kinda like being without then with a robot.

come on now - what would be wrong with a robot ???

It seems pretty much like marrying your vibrator.

L O L :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by klc9100

I bet half way through sex the robot starts talking advertisements (Bill Gates new pop up scam)

Hahahahaha I'm with you on that one. :lol:

Ya'll all are some sick f__ks, LOL! No doubt sex with a robot would be a liberating experience..... Maybe the first time, but it would never NEVER be the same. Here's the real scoop... The rich may own... The poor may get to rent.... but it will only have an underground cult following. Fact is, unlike a real human, sex with a robot will NEVER be free. So prostitution will never decrease, only increase. And the idea of giving a pedophile a child robot? This guy has absolutely lost his friggin mind! I think he needs some serious counseling. I don't think he likes his mama very much. As far as robot marriage goes- Exactly what tax bracket would that put you in? And, after you have bought and paid for your mail order bride, and supposedly 'fallen in love', what happens when you die and it doesn't? Does someone else get to buy it as a slightly used model? I love this crazy world!

exactly. I see no reason why people would marry robots. marriage is not that kind of thing. Sex with robots - I can understand that, but marriage is just stupid

Ok now that I have spit a mouth full of pepsi all over my computer screen after reading BlueZone's post :w00t: I gotta say yea that's one way to look at it.

It does seem waaaaay far fetched for me. That guy must have watched Cherry 2000 a few too many times.

Hey love....pass the oil please....your getting a little dry :wub:

I had to turn the sound effects off......X rated :blush:

Edited by zandore

lol!

They will yell in the streets as they wave their placards during a huge protest...marching (nude for affect) in the streets demanding their rights to vote and for fair treatment...and for alimony when they divorce you....can anyone say Robot Rights?!!! :w00t:

They will yell in the streets as they wave their placards during a huge protest...marching (nude for affect) in the streets demanding their rights to vote and for fair treatment...and for alimony when they divorce you....can anyone say Robot Rights?!!! :w00t:

linked-image

linked-image:whistle:

this is so funny and so creepy imagine if we all started "doing it" with robots...

less children... I am against marrying with robots, but not sex, if you could manipulate you lover like a computer then whats the fun of it?I