Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sex and marriage with robots by 2050

UM-Bot

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcman

• SoulFire

• ASOP

• BlueZone

this is so funny and so creepy imagine if we all started "doing it" with robots...

less children... I am against marrying with robots, but not sex, if you could manipulate you lover like a computer then whats the fun of it?I

OMG......marrying a robot????? i will never do that.... :blink:

I would just like to have one to take care of me in my old age instead of going into a nurseing home. You can stay home and the robot can take care of all your needs. It would cook and buy food and clean the house take out the garbage and clean clothers among other things. Might be able to rehabilitate you as well. Sex , at least in my case, would not be in the cards. Just someone to be around when you need them is all I would ask. At least you would be better taken cared of i would think.

What if she turns out to be an evil fem-bot with "machine gun jubblies?

i'd like a person of that calibre....

seriously who thinks of this tripe... some greasy, pimply little nerd?

bill gates perhaps?

i'd like a person of that calibre....

seriously who thinks of this tripe... some greasy, pimply little nerd?

bill gates perhaps?

The wonderful thing about tiggers,

Is tiggers are wonderful things,

Their tops are made out of rubber,

Their bottoms are made out of springs,

They're bouncy,trouncy,flouncy,POUNCY,

Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! :rofl:

Nerdy Bill Gates...the richest man in the world. Money is only a by-product of finding something you like to do and then doing it with all of your heart.

I don't think it is just a greasy, pimply little nerd... I think it is our distasteful human trait of imposing our will on hapless species unable to defend themselves and our generations long desire to own slaves. Slavery, it's what we are all saying here. Sex, house work, emotional crutch and anything else we could think of with not so much as a whimper or complaint. I think this subject will never get off the ground as discussions of ethics will bog it down forever.

Does that mean that the male robots can choose their penile size at the press of a button ?? :innocent::w00t:

I'll be waaaaaay in my senior years by then...... <_<

Okay, let me get this straight (pardon the expresion)

it has taken Homosexuals 100's of years to have

the right to marriage, but it will only take

Robosexuals 50 years to get that stature!?

Sex with robots is one thing, but this

man is insane

that is owesome, marrige part i don,t get, but living with one or two or 5 females robots, that do all the work, and then some, i like the idea.

I have a girlfriend and we've been together for almost 4 years, now.

I really don't think a robot could make me feel loved like she does.

And if we're jus talking about sex, there are more natural and less complex/expensive ways of having "fun" without a living counterpart.

linked-imageSubmitted by Zandore: Humans could marry robots within the century. And consummate those vows. "My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots," artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands told LiveScience. Levy recently completed his Ph.D. work on the subject of human-robot relationships, covering many of the privileges and practices that generally come with marriage as well as outside of it. At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said. Pygmalion to roomba: The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life. This notion persists in modern times. Not only has science fiction explored this idea, but 40 years ago, scientists noticed that students at times became unusually attracted to ELIZA, a computer program designed to ask questions and mimic a psychotherapist. "There's a trend of robots becoming more human-like in appearance and coming more in contact with humans," Levy said. "At first robots were used impersonally, in factories where they helped build automobiles, for instance.

Then they were used in offices to deliver mail, or to show visitors around museums, or in homes as vacuum cleaners, such as with the Roomba. Now you have robot toys, like Sony's Aibo robot dog, or Tickle Me Elmos, or digital pets like Tamagotchis." In his thesis, "Intimate Relationships with Artificial Partners," Levy conjectures that robots will become so human-like in appearance, function and personality that many people will fall in love with them, have sex with them and even marry them.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Live Science

This is what they can do now with robots:

• linked-image

• Oct. 11: A RealDoll hangs in a production area in San Marcos, Calif. Normally reserved for private play, these high-end,
anatomically correct dolls are getting big-screen exposure with the recent release of "Lars and the Real Girl."

Imagine what they will have in another 50 years. Walking, talking, carrying on a conversation, ....and well...use your imagination. ;)

this makes me think of something... anybody say silicon breasts? :wub:

are they real?

no their synthetic

yes i know bad joke B)

Edited by dest_titor1

Okay, let me get this straight (pardon the expresion)

it has taken Homosexuals 100's of years to have

the right to marriage, but it will only take

Robosexuals 50 years to get that stature!?

Sex with robots is one thing, but this

man is insane

Yeah but... homosexuality is abnormal. Robots are obviously part of God's plan.

ANY of ya'll that say you wouldn't "hook-up" with a fine azz robot are lying :yes:

no way I'm worried about catching a computer virus from a fem-bot :o

Yeah but... homosexuality is abnormal. Robots are obviously part of God's plan.

This made me LOL hard. Thanks! :lol:

• 3 years later...

It's been predicted that by 2050, maybe even within just the next ten to fifteen years, supercomputers - which nowadays are so huge they often take up a whole room - will be the size of small, hand-held devices similar to mobile phones and that they'll be available to almost everybody.

IBM is currently conducting experiments to see if it can shrink supercomputer processors to the size of sugar cubes.

The aim is to stack many computer processors on top of one another, cooling them with water flowing between each one. The aim is also to reduce computers' energy use, rather than just to shrink them.

IBM have built a prototype called Aquasar, which is the size of a refrigerator, small for a supercomputer.

The world's fastest supercomputer is currently the Jaguar in the United States (which is home to over half the world's supercomputers), which performs a mind-boggling 1,750 trillion calculations per second.

To put this into perspective, it would take an average PC 10 HOURS to perform 1,750 trillion calculations. It would also take an average PC 25 days to perform the number of calculations the Jaguar can perform in a minute, 4 years for it to perform the number of calculations the Jaguar can perform in an hour and, incredibly, 100 years for it to perform the number of calulations the Jaguar can perform in a day.

But what's also mind-boggling (to us in 2010 with our primitive, puny computers) is that by 2050, if not sooner, it might be possible to have supercomputers as powerful as the Jaguar to be only the size of hand-held devices like mobile phones and that almost everybody (in the developed world at least) might own one! Imagine, all that computer power available to millions for everyday usage.

Of course, this shrinking of supercomputers from those which fill rooms down to small, hand-held devices will be just what's happened to ordinary computers since the 1940s.

Edited by Blackwhite