Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Owlscrying

World's longest fireworks party

Owlscrying

A Chinese city is hoping to get into the record books by letting off a twelve-and-a-half mile string of firecrackers.

A total of 35 fireworks factories in Liuyang city, Hunan province, have worked together to create the firecrackers.

Zeng Mengxiong, the chief technician of the project said, "We are celebrating the upcoming Liuyang International Firecracker Festival."

Zeng estimates it will take 85 to 90 minutes for all of the firecrackers to explode: "At the beginning and end, the firing speed should be slow, in the middle, really fast."

The government is applying to have officials from the Guinness Book of Records on the day of the event.

go

goalienan

I love to watch fireworks...I just don't think I can take an hour and a half of them.... :rolleyes:

swtp
I love to watch fireworks...I just don't think I can take an hour and a half of them.... :rolleyes:

I agree! Especially fire crackers, my ears would be ringing for days after that!