Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5-Year-Old Mother

djdodo

user posted image

Lina Medina's parents thought their 5-year-old daughter had a huge abdominal tumor and when shamans in their remote village in Peru's Andes could find no cure, her father carried her to hospital.

Just over a month later, she gave birth to a boy.

Aged 5 years, 7 months and 21 days old when her child was born by Caesarean section in May 1939, Medina made medical history, and is still the youngest known mother in the world.

At the time, Peru's government promised armfuls of aid that never materialized. Six decades on, Medina lives with her husband in a cramped house in a poor, crime-ridden district of the Peruvian capital known as "Little Chicago."

Now 68, she keeps herself to herself and has long refused requests to rake up the past. Gerardo, the son she delivered while still a child herself, died in 1979 at the age of 40.

But a new book, written by an obstetrician who has been interested in her case, has drawn fresh attention to Medina's story, and raised the prospect that the Peruvian government may belatedly offer her financial and other assistance.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• Raziel

• Ruthie

• Diebytheflyguy

Can a five year old give birth ? Just wondering  blink.gif

Nope!! actually they can't have babies that age!! she has an odd situation .. she had her menstruation in an early age .. I think when she was 8 months old!! wacko.gif

and Mowo!! I dono who did it either .. the girl didn't give clear explination about it dontgetit.gif

huh.gif Who got her pregnant???

that's the first thing i thought of!!!

yeah, same here!

the guy in the pic looks like hes wearing those 'x-ray' specs or googly eyes laugh.gif

Its weird...i've heard of children hitting puberty before, like, 6 and stuff, but intercourse is a whole different story.

I didn't know boys of that age had the...ability to get a girl pregnant...which raises a whole lot of other questions...

Sounds like more urban myth to me.

Well, you don't start producing the chemicals and cells needed to get pregnant, or even be physically ready to have sex until puberty...for guys, the size of the penis, and the development of the testis does not reach the proper stage for fertilisation either until puberty.

So what this story is proposing is that either not one, but two children not only reached sexual maturity at an age far far far bellow the norm...but they did it in the same location, knew each other, and just so happened to 'get the urge' huh.gif (which seems extremely unlikely), or that an adult man came across this abnormal girl, and apparantly decided to...dontgetit.gif...which, I must admit, also seems pretty unlikely....but sickeningly enough, if this story is true, it's also the most likely scenario wacko.gif

Maybe when she was in the womb, it was her little brother or something.. i dunno... *shrugs* just a suggestion..

Beth Ro

This story is true !

After reading this topic, I surch on the net and found that the American medicin Academie (or whatever is the name) made research on that girl. They discoverd that she was a 5 years old girl, but that she had breast, pubic hair and full grown internal organ. It's an abnomali (there is also a 7 years old girl). As for the father, the girl was to disoriented to tell who it was (surly a pedophil).

And by the way, the youngest father in the world is a 12 years old boy.

This story is true !

After reading this topic, I surch on the net and found that the American medicin Academie (or whatever is the name) made research on that girl. They discoverd that she was a 5 years old girl, but that she had breast, pubic hair and full grown internal organ. It's an abnomali (there is also a 7 years old girl). As for the father, the girl was to disoriented to tell who it was (surly a pedophil).

And by the way, the youngest father in the world is a 12 years old boy.

Not true. Someone im my area got a 13 yr old girl pregnant at 11.

Which i find very sick. I mean, no-one is ready for sex at 13, let alone 11.

Did i put sex? I meant having children! Hehe...not that i'm implying anything...

Heh, well, i don't think people are ready for either...so...don't get any ideas tongue.gif

When I input Lisa Medina into my search engine, I found 8 identical stories

about this girl. It is a hoax. Pure and simple. wacko.gifwhistling2.gif

See, I can believe its a hoax..but all these people "omg, who could the father be? I don't think two kids that young could possibly have a child."

Well, who said it has to be another kid? Kids at that age get raped, hence the disorientation. Maybe?

crying.gifcrying.gif I hope its a hoax as the questions it raises are a little disturbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crying.gif

It is possible, People get pregnant around 12 or 13 why not 5 especially if she was over-developed. Just disturbing thats all.

Why not five meaning it almost can't happen. A male has to reach a certain age until he can...well, you know, And its unlikely that two over developed children got a little frisky. I know I never felt the urge to do something like that when i was 5. Its the last thing children have on their minds, and thats even if they understand what it is in the first place.

Maybe she was raped! at that age .. since she is a lil girl .. she might not know what she had gone threw .. the guy who raped her might have been an adult .. plus she was early developed .. that helped her get pregnant! dontgetit.gif

Yeah, it must be tough. I think its really sick, i mean, how can someone get any pleasure at all from doing something like that to a little girl? I read somewhere that when people rape, its to do with control, like, feeling that you are controlling that person.

Sure he was real proud of controlling a five year old girl.