Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Area 51

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

is area 51 a secret military base for storing UFO's or is it a toxic and nuclear waste dump??

"Sixty Minutes" did a segment where Leslie Stahl suggested that area 51 might be an illegal dumping ground for toxic substances. If so, Area 51 might turn out to be hazardous to your health in more ways than one. Several former workers at Area 51 and widows of former workers have filed lawsuits against the government for injuries or death resulting from illegal hazardous waste practices.

maybe that's why you might get shot if you go near the base.

what do you think???

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• dalia

• SpaceyKC

• Jamie

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the idea that there are UFO's at Area51, is a convenient deterent to turn people's attention away from what is really being held at the base. The military could very well be storing hazardous waste or other dangerous materials there, that could never be stored anywhere publicly accessable.

Area51 may even be a secret miltary staging area, experimental test facility, or something else of a similarly controversial nature. There is as of yet, very little evidence that points to the idea of there being alien technology there.

• 3 weeks later...

I never thought of that idea before.  That is a very big possibilty.  I have always thought it was aliens though, but maybe they planted the aliens idea in our heads to cover up something that would be much worse than aliens.  A nuclear waste dump!  Wow now youve got my brain going.  Thank you very much :)

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Could be biohazard materials are being manufactured and/or stored there. Would be a good reason for widening their perimeter as well.

What do you all think? :-[

Dalia

If they were protecting us from something which might harm us, I would be glad to be shielded from it, but WHEN has the government ever kept secrets from us FOR OUR OWN GOOD!!!??? Sorry to sound so negative, but as I get older, I keep finding more and more bad things that we have been subjected to, without our knowledge, or even worse, our consent!! Okay, I've vented-AND I have many times also thought I'm sure they HAVE protected us(like the Cuban Missile Crisis).  That must have been hell for the PTB to handle, and at the same time, keep secret!! I just answered my own prior question, didn't I?  Okay, I take it back!! ;D

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy,

I just happened to come across this interesting bit of information. It seems the US also has a very mysterious Area 51 type complex and highly controversial military base in Australia called PINE GAP.

The base has been operational since 1964, and if you thought stories surrounding Area 51 are weird and off-beat, you should do a search of Pine Gap and read all the incredible speculation and theories people are forwarding about what is going on there. Everything from underground shelter and headquarters for the leaders of the 'New World Order', to a 5 mile deep hole that either houses a huge 'particle beam' weapon to defend ourselves against alien invasion or a transmitting device for communicating with aliens (the peaceful ones, I guess.) Its enough to make your hair stand on end. These are only the more rational sounding explanations, the others are so profoundly ridiculous as to make you wonder if their proponents hadn't been wandering out in the sun for too long. :P

MAGIKMAN