Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Ghost that looks like Me?

TAllen9632

My daughter has seen a ghost in our home.  She says it looks like me from the back.  Many years ago I had a miscarrage and I wonder if this ghost could be my dead daughter.  I know there is a ghost in our home because I've taken pictures of her.  Unfortunatly it was an orb.  I would like some feedback on this. ??? :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blues Girl

• coldethyl

• *Frank*

• Chagidiel

TAllen,

First, my sympathies for your loss. :s5  It's doubtful your daughter saw what you believe was a manifestation of your deceased child. While some might argue that the 'spirit' of a departed soul could continue to develop or grow in whatever afterlife there may be, no one's advanced the idea that ghosts have the ability to 'age' and/or manifest themselves as something older beyond the time of their physical passing, to my knowledge. Our 'physical' appearance is determined by a great many things in life, bodies which are in a constant state of change. There may indeed be other 'plains of existence', but how is one's nonphysical appearance influenced?

This is not to say that your daughter is mistaken, she could have seen something. How old is your daughter? This is important because there are serious studies that show a correlation between prepubescent girls and paranormal (poltergeist type) activity. This can and does include 'visual' anomalies. How old is the building you are living in and does it have any history that you are aware of? You say you know there is a ghost because you have taken pictures of 'her'. Do you use the female gender because you have actually seen the ghost, or has your perception been influenced by your daughters suggestion? Did the appearance of the 'orb' show up in a picture taken casually or were you deliberately attempting to photograph an anomaly? How familiar are you with the operation of a camera?

This may not be the kind of feedback you were looking for, but the more information you can offer might inspire others to give their opinions. There are many people here with widely diverse ideas, so you should get a variety of thoughtful suggestions. Welcome to the forum, by the way, I hope you find your time here enjoyable.  :st

Magikman  :)

• 8 years later...

Could your daughter have seen your doppelganger?

I'm sorry but why are you resurrecting all these old posts? This one hasn't had a reply for almost 9 years.

Cuz I felt like answering it. Plus, I enjoy sharing my opinion with people, and maybe it will lead to friendships.

Cuz I felt like answering it. Plus, I enjoy sharing my opinion with people, and maybe it will lead to friendships.

Yes but the likelihood of the original poster still being around on such an old thread and you getting an answer to your question is very, very slim. It's called necroposting.

Nice thought, but post is from 2002 and OP has only one post ever, so she's posted this and never answered back to this or any other topic here. So it is unlikely that she will answer or follow this topic.

And as you can see, in 9 years there haven't been many answers anyways, so over the years this topic hasn't been much of a discussion anyways.

My daughter has seen a ghost in our home. She says it looks like me from the back. Many years ago I had a miscarrage and I wonder if this ghost could be my dead daughter. I know there is a ghost in our home because I've taken pictures of her. Unfortunatly it was an orb. I would like some feedback on this. ??? :)

Whether you are post this message over 900 years,I always have this to say to her:

I do not have any question,I will not hurt,you just left earlier than me,I will be with you last,you will not be lonely again,just waiting for me.

Edited by special 2011

Whether you are post this message over 900 years,I always have this to say to her:

I do not have any question,I will not hurt,you just left earlier than me,I will be with you last,you will not be lonely again,just waiting for me.

Can I freak out now? :ph34r:

Okay... and lets put this one to rest now.

Closed.