Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Crovus v2.0

Multiple dreams at once?

Crovus v2.0

I've had quite a few odd dreams in my past and a few great ones. I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this aspect of dreaming though...

A while back I was having a dream that I was starting to wake up from. I became conscience of the fact that I was dreaming and decided I liked this dream and wanted to finish it. Somehow I managed to go back deeper into sleep but had rolled over to become more comfortable. The dream I was having started getting harder and harder to hold onto as I faded into another dream. After fighting the new dream to go back to the old I noticed myself roll back over onto the side I was laying on originally. The new dream completely vanished and I was fully back in my old dream. As a test I rolled over again and once again that new dream came into play (No I don't remember anymore what I was dreaming about). So I finally rolled back over to finish the dream I wanted.

I'd never imagined a possibility that I could be dreaming multiple dreams at once until this happened. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

-C

BanRos

It happens to me a lot too. I am mostly conscious of my dreams, and most of the time my mind is literally showing me more than one dream at once... but because we only use 10% of our brain power, the dreams that do not stick out immediately are pushed back into your unconscious mind and recur only if your mind thinks it will stick out again. Memory is something very complex. lol

Mr Walker

This is not completely uncommon, particularly if you have good recall of your dreams.

The dream is still a linear one, although it is switching between dream realities.

Make the most of, and try to develop any abilities you have for controlled lucid dreaming This can provide you with wonderful recreational experiences through all stages of your life.

One dream similar to that you discussed, i remember from my childhood. It was just before christmas. I "woke up" from the dream I was having and saw a pile of christmas presents on the bedroom wardrobe. However, I must have suspected subconsciously that this was unlikely, so I figured out I was still dreaming and told my self to wake up again. I went through the process of waking up and the presents were still there. However, when i went to open them they disappeared, and finally I woke up for real to discover that no, there were not any presents on the wardrobe.

This experience did, however, waken me to the possibilities of controlling my lucid dreams, so that I could construct whatever dreamscapes I wanted, populate them with whom ever i chose, (usually large intelligent animals back then, if I remember rightly) and develop any story line I wanted to.

Once I became a teenager I populated them more with large, unintelligent women, but the concept remained the same.

Vilius

Today i dreamed a great dream and then i woke up i was thinking about that dream for a few minutes after that everything i thought became a dream and weaved together with that great dream for example i thought about moving my hand and i did that in a dream. Slept for about 7 hours and 2 hours in half dream state.

Was this it?

L815

This happens to me a lot, or used to. Although, skip the turning part. I kind of just woke up and realized "hey I'm not done !!"... drifted back into the dream, then to realize I've just had multiple dreams. It's fun for me, but I sometimes it can get a little confusing.

Crovus v2.0

The thing that I found weird was that not only was I having multiple dreams, but what dream I was having seemed to depend on how I was sleeping. For example: Say I'm lying on my left side and dreaming about wandering around the mall. Then I roll over to my right side and I'm dreaming about going through the streets of my home town fighting zombies. If I roll back over to my left I go right back to the mall where I left off, and if I go back to my right it's the same result with the zombies. I wonder what would cause this position specified dreaming.

As for harnessing the lucid dreams, I've had quite a few times that I realized I was dreaming and was able to take full control of the dream. Such a great dream just for it because knowing it was a dream I knew that there were no boundaries to what I could do. In the first dream that I had where I became aware I was dreaming about some powerful guy who had kidnapped my girlfriend and was going to use her to end the world. Somehow I realized the ridiculousness of the dream but decided to play it out. I immediately started flying around the town searching for answers to where my girlfriend was and used my new found limitless power to keep anyone from getting in my way. Was almost scared of myself when I looked back to some of the things I did in the dream as they were rather evil ways of getting people out of my way. But that's beside the point.

I think I've gone far enough off topic for now.

-C

Purplos

I'm not sure if the dreams are happening at the same time, or that is just our perception. Dreams that seem to take hours might only take minutes or even seconds. (There was some study done on length of dreams vs. our perception of the time passed in the dreams - too lazy to look it up.)

I regularly have serial dreams intermingled with unrelated dreams. By serial I mean I dream the same story every night for a month or week as it advances - like chapters or episodes.

LiGtNeSs-IN-THE dArK
I've had quite a few odd dreams in my past and a few great ones. I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this aspect of dreaming though...

A while back I was having a dream that I was starting to wake up from. I became conscience of the fact that I was dreaming and decided I liked this dream and wanted to finish it. Somehow I managed to go back deeper into sleep but had rolled over to become more comfortable. The dream I was having started getting harder and harder to hold onto as I faded into another dream. After fighting the new dream to go back to the old I noticed myself roll back over onto the side I was laying on originally. The new dream completely vanished and I was fully back in my old dream. As a test I rolled over again and once again that new dream came into play (No I don't remember anymore what I was dreaming about). So I finally rolled back over to finish the dream I wanted.

I'd never imagined a possibility that I could be dreaming multiple dreams at once until this happened. Has anyone else had something like this happen?

-C

Oh yeah, I have had this happen to me a lot. It's awesome if they are really good dreams.

inkblot
Ibut because we only use 10% of our brain power

That's a myth spread by New Age gurus. You use most of your brain power. Trust me, the brain is the most high-maintnence organ in the human body, if we didn't use most of it, natural selection would have gotten rid of the parts we don't use.

eight bits
That's a myth spread by New Age gurus. You use most of your brain power. Trust me, the brain is the most high-maintnence organ in the human body, if we didn't use most of it, natural selection would have gotten rid of the parts we don't use.

Tsk, tsk, inkblot. It is perfectly obvious that there are plenty of people who use only 10% of their brain. What natural selection gets rid of is not the unused parts, but the people who don't use them.

• Like 1

Samo8

How do you know you are having multiple dreams, can it not be one single dream but just different scene changes? I do agree on sleeping position affects if you have a dream or not because it seems to happen to me, but I've never noticed if it affects the type of dream. I wouldn't know if I rolled over in my sleep because I'm usually not conscious, but I've had times that I wake up and change sleeping position and continue with the dream though. Sometimes when I want the dream to continue, it usually does but something is missing like it's not in colour anymore. But your meaning of multiple dreams seem to allude to simultaneous dreams, for which this is not.

Jemeny

This happened to me, I was dreaming about something then I felt myself switch to a different scenario with different people but the same events was happening then I noticed the commonalities and at one point I felt like the dream realities were fighting for the same spot and occasionally occurring at the same time then I woke up. So far its only happened once on 7/19/2020.

Jemeny

I am having difficulty believing @eight bits because there seems to be a lot of awfully dumb people on the planet. So it kind of makes you think that the 10% theory has some truth to it.

XenoFish

You resurrected a 13 year old thread.