Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waverly Asylum TAPS investigation

GirlInBlack

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• JustNormal

• JackalnChainz

• SS79

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/sanatorium/

There is a nice map of the asylum on scifi.com.

I am not sure if I believe this or not, but I was talking to my friend who is a paranormal investigator. He told me that when he last went to waverly a apparition tried to go home with them. What I mean by that is when they were ready to leave a dark figure appeared in the back seat of one of their vehicles and stayed there for good period of time. One person got into the vehicle and was paralyzed with fear when she looked into the back seat. She asked it to leave and said something along the lines of "do not follow me home". It vanished shortly after she asked it to leave.

She was so afraid that she didn't get any pictures of it, which makes me skeptical but I can certainly understand. It's one thing to take pictures of orbs and apparitions that run away shortly after you see them. It takes a good deal more courage than most people have to investigate and be calm when something is sitting in the car with you..haha

Scary if it really happened (shivers)

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/sanatorium/

There is a nice map of the asylum on scifi.com.

I am not sure if I believe this or not, but I was talking to my friend who is a paranormal investigator. He told me that when he last went to waverly a apparition tried to go home with them. What I mean by that is when they were ready to leave a dark figure appeared in the back seat of one of their vehicles and stayed there for good period of time. One person got into the vehicle and was paralyzed with fear when she looked into the back seat. She asked it to leave and said something along the lines of "do not follow me home". It vanished shortly after she asked it to leave.

She was so afraid that she didn't get any pictures of it, which makes me skeptical but I can certainly understand. It's one thing to take pictures of orbs and apparitions that run away shortly after you see them. It takes a good deal more courage than most people have to investigate and be calm when something is sitting in the car with you..haha

Scary if it really happened (shivers)

LOL I think taking a photo of it would be the last thing on my mind..Looks like a great episode..Thanks Girl..JN

OOOOO I wish I could see this, we've just started getting TAPS over here, like 3 weeks ago and I think they're old ones. What a great show. I love the way they look at it - they're not jumping to conclusions that every sight and sound is paranormal and if they can't explain something, they say so - easy peasy formula and it works. They've had some great EVP's, a really sad one last night from Leap castle of a distressed woman, only the castle was in the middle of nowhere and there were no women on the property. :unsure2:

never seen ghosthunters live before. this should be interesting. tvguide shows it on from 9pm-12am. Cant wait. Only thing is when its live we dont get to see what the get from the evidence cause they spend like a whole day going over that alone. I would imagine theyll be investigating for more then 3 hrs so thats strange. plus what if something crazy happens during a commercial?

There is a new ghost hunter type show on sci fi right now 3pm eastern. I have never seen it before, but it's not a bad show.

The TAPS show will also be broadcast on the world wide web, so you can watch during commercials. They will probably record the show and run it again later in case anything was missed. On the sci fi website there is a big red PANIC button you can press. You press this only if you want Jason and Grant to take notice of something on the static cams they got set up on the web. They will be alerted to your panic and go check it out..how cool is that?

You gotta love Halloween! There are loads of good paranormal shows on today.

Edited by GirlInBlack

There is a new ghost hunter type show on sci fi right now 3pm eastern. I have never seen it before, but it's not a bad show.

The TAPS show will also be broadcast on the world wide web, so you can watch during commercials. They will probably record the show and run it again later in case anything was missed.

You gotta love Halloween! There are loads of good paranormal shows on today.

I know, Halloween is so much fun, PLUS its so cute seeing the little ones in their costumes. JN

I've had this place marked on my Google Earth for about a year. Pretty interesting place, will be intersting to see it on a media besides photographs.

It's showtime!

Im done giving out candy. This year I gave out apples with razor blade slits in them, and bags of candy that had piece of paper in them that reads, congratulations you now have Anthrax...hehe

Happy Halloween everyone.

Why do they have an ECW wrestler investigating with them? Shameless plugs of ECW as well, really nice.

Well, I woke up 25 minutes late but here I am :D...Anyway, so far so good. It is exactly like how an investigation goes, minus the celebs. Do not expect too much to happen but when it does happen oh its going to be awesome and worth the wait.

Kind of interested to see what Kris and Dustin pick up in the death chute...

Haha Steve and his fear of heights, fear of insects and fear of bats!! "what do you mean what, thats a 100ft drop", "Thats like 10ft away", "Yea 10ft too many"

Haha...He is the man...definately my favorite TAPS member.

Why do they have an ECW wrestler investigating with them? Shameless plugs of ECW as well, really nice.

I wondered that myself, he is afraid of his own shadow. Why didnt they include some famous in the field? Its kinda boring so far..JN

Haha Steve and his fear of heights, fear of insects and fear of bats!! "what do you mean what, thats a 100ft drop", "Thats like 10ft away", "Yea 10ft too many"

Haha...He is the man...definately my favorite TAPS member.

LOL I love his honesty. He is my fav too..JN

I dont like the ECW plug either, i didnt like it last year, dont like it this year. I think they should just keep it TAPS, and TAPS family members...if they did have a guest be someone worth having that can benefit the investigation

I think Kris may be my new fav lol ;) She is a Former model, cant go wrong there.

Edited by EnJay

Oh I don't know, Isack Elijah was the first one to see something...

Anyone know who's going to be in the Ghost Hunters International group?

Edited by girty1600

Yea.. Brian, Andy Andrews, Donna, the guy from the ireland episodes to name a few.

Ah yes; I had heard that they were planning on branching out a bit. Neat, thank you.

Not a problem, I will check with Donnas Myspace she has more information about it. It does start in january though. I will post in a second.

Lil snippet from her blog

"SCI FI GREENLIGHTS GHOST HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL

First Spin-Off Of SCI FI's 'Ghost Hunters' To Premiere In January 2008

New York, NY October 8, 2007 Building on the tremendous success of the hit reality series Ghost Hunters, SCI FI Channel has greenlit Ghost Hunters International, following the adventures of a new team of skeptical paranormal investigators as they travel all over Europe, applying their principles of scientific debunking to some of the continent's most legendary haunted spots. Ghost Hunters International is slated to debut on SCI FI in January 2008.

Like their U.S. counterpart, TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society), Ghost Hunters International is a squad of real-life "ghost-busters" - ordinary people who investigate and attempt to debunk claims of otherworldly activity. The new team will travel to different European cities each week in pursuit of the truth behind bizarre supernatural claims.

Comprised of veteran TAPS investigators Robb Demarest, Andy Andrews, Brian Harnois, and Donna La Croix, along with Barry Fitzgerald (memorable from the Ghost Hunters' legendary investigations in Ireland) and newcomer Shannon Sylvia, the Ghost Hunters International crew is primed to uncover some of the most startling paranormal evidence yet!"

Edited by EnJay

These last 2 are probably my favorites ones so far...

linked-image

linked-image

Here is a nice overview video of the place...http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2153605260738613955&total=36&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

I am looking forward to Halloween ;-)

These two pics have already been debunked here - check this thread out for why - FROM POST 67 to the debunked post 76 --- the distance between the people in the forefront and wall to the right is a much greater distance that what it appears in the 'background' shot - the womans face in the background isn't anything out of the ordinary...

see here if you are interested - http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...95145&st=60

Edited by Anvil

anybody have an idea why there is no audio on the Waverly/ghost hunters site? I have live stream but no audio.

nevermind...I see now it's a fixed camera position. Bummer. lol.

Edited by JackalnChainz

Did anyone catch the little mistake when it first started?

It was suppose to be them going to Jason & Grant on the 2nd floor, but instead they showed the start of the clip of Steve explaining what he had seen on the roof.

At first it made me think that it wasn't actually live, I was like "wait, didn't they just show that 20 minutes ago" but than when they showed Steve during the Live investigation he was wearing a different hoodie, I think, so they must have filmed him talking about what happened earlier, than cut to the flash back, than cut to the live feed.

I doubt anyone cares, but I'm sure the typical skeptic is going to be "dude that stuff ain't real" ..

I'm happy to hear Brain will be in the spin-off for some reason it's hard for me to see him over seas for a long period of time, He was one of my favs even though he can be a wuss, i loved when he was running in one of the episodes in the jail i believe and was all "dude run"...it was great and him and Steve were really funny together, He adds a comical light feeling element to it that I really like he can screw up but he seems to have no bad intentions or ill will, he gets a lot of slack and hate but i like him the best, than Steve.

I envy them all, I'd love to do what they'd do even if it were just sitting while everyone is walking around and watching the computer screens, I know the if complain about going over the footage cause it's tedious and they get a rush out of the real live thing, but I think just reviewing the footage alone would give me a rush and thrill.

anyways i'm done blabbing, I have everyone had a great Halloween and got their fare share of candy, scares, and cute little kids all dressed up!

Did anyone catch the little mistake when it first started?

It was suppose to be them going to Jason & Grant on the 2nd floor, but instead they showed the start of the clip of Steve explaining what he had seen on the roof.

At first it made me think that it wasn't actually live, I was like "wait, didn't they just show that 20 minutes ago" but than when they showed Steve during the Live investigation he was wearing a different hoodie, I think, so they must have filmed him talking about what happened earlier, than cut to the flash back, than cut to the live feed.

I doubt anyone cares, but I'm sure the typical skeptic is going to be "dude that stuff ain't real" ..

I'm happy to hear Briain will be in the spin-off for some reason it's hard for me to see him over seas for a long period of time, He was one of my favs even though he can be a wuss, i loved when he was running in one of the episodes in the jail i believe and was all "dude run"...it was great and him and Steve were really funny together, He adds a comical light feeling element to it that I really like he can screw up but he seems to have no bad intentions or ill will, he gets a lot of slack and hate but i like him the best, than Steve.

I envy them all, I'd love to do what they'd do even if it were just sitting while everyone is walking around and watching the computer screens, I know the if complain about going over the footage cause it's tedious and they get a rush out of the real live thing, but I think just reviewing the footage alone would give me a rush and thrill.

LOL So far I havent seen anything impressive, and they are begging spirits to show themselves. I am SO not impressed. At least not yet anyway. JN