Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Waverly Asylum TAPS investigation

GirlInBlack

This was the first live ghosthunters Ive watched. Felt less like ghosthunters and more like some game show with the announcer and the wrestler there was just comical. Add in the competition for a new investigator and it was just ridiculous. When are people gonna figure out ghosts dont want to give us "proof". Thats why people see the really crazy stuff when there isnt cameras around. imo.

Hi TIMMAH, I must agree. I actually watched another show while they performed the competition, esp on Halloween, that could have waited till next week or something. JN

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• JustNormal

• JackalnChainz

• SS79

(((Shera))) That wrestler running was just too funny. You have to see it..I dont care about RotoRooter, my son worked for them for 5 years. But all during the show, they plugged the ECW (wrestling) show and when it's on, many times on the bottom of the screen, and I agree they need sponsors and ones to back them, but at least find a credible sort of celebrity that has ties to the Paranormal, that would make for good tv. I was shocked when they resorted to dowsing rods OMG..Those are part of withcraft..Yes a reputable medium would be a great asset to the show, as they are the ones that "Know" their stuff when it comes to speaking to spirits and bringing them out, without provoking..JN

Couldn't agree more... to me you have to sort of live there or spend quite a bit of time there, as you don't get activity every night unless its highly haunted.

You have to be spiritual to some extent to understand the otherside... If someone asks you how do you know these things, you just know... otherwise its equivelant to going to a gynocologist with a toothache.

Couldn't agree more... to me you have to sort of live there or spend quite a bit of time there, as you don't get activity every night unless its highly haunted.

You have to be spiritual to some extent to understand the otherside... If someone asks you how do you know these things, you just know... otherwise its equivelant to going to a gynocologist with a toothache.

EXACTLY!!!!! JN :yes:

I don't totally agree with this - look at Most Haunted, well for a start Yvette Fielding was a Blue Peter presenter and she roped in her whole family for MH - and the mediums that they use are not particularly reputable, especially Derek Accorah who is just a joke. I don't trust that programe as far as I could throw it, there is so much evidence out there to prove they fake stuff.

Now TAPS I trust, I trust that they won't fabricate evidence or go over the top, if they don't think there is enough evidence they say so - even if it makes a rubbish programme, because they're looking at it logically. Personally, I trust this approach more. It would be interesting though to see what medium they came up with to take along on investigations.

I don't totally agree with this - look at Most Haunted, well for a start Yvette Fielding was a Blue Peter presenter and she roped in her whole family for MH - and the mediums that they use are not particularly reputable, especially Derek Accorah who is just a joke. I don't trust that programe as far as I could throw it, there is so much evidence out there to prove they fake stuff.

Now TAPS I trust, I trust that they won't fabricate evidence or go over the top, if they don't think there is enough evidence they say so - even if it makes a rubbish programme, because they're looking at it logically. Personally, I trust this approach more. It would be interesting though to see what medium they came up with to take along on investigations.

I am sorry to say most haunted is a joke in my opinion... I laugh my A** off when they say if anyones there please move a chair... One good one to watch is Haunting Evidence on Court TV and Rescue Mediums on WETV. They are more realistic!!

Thats why I like it, they take a logical approach rather than walking in trying to prove

I agree a geniune psychic medium would be a nice addition

A genuine psychic medium... right. The last thing TAPS needs is a "psychic" like the ones you see on most ghost shows. They're all a sham.

A genuine psychic medium... right. The last thing TAPS needs is a "psychic" like the ones you see on most ghost shows. They're all a sham.

I agree...definately do not agree with that approach, mmmm nope

I agree...definately do not agree with that approach, mmmm nope

How would you know whether a spirit is earthbound or not without one... Some spirits which have passed over are very good at manipulating electrical items and phones and do so just to let you know they are there.

What do you do when you come accross a spirit that needs help? Do you know how to cross them over?

Unfortunately for ghost hunters most ghosts do not make themselves present on demand... weeks or months even years can go by without any activity.... Stopping over one night... doesn't work in my eyes. You need to be in that environment for long perids of time.

And what would you do if a spirit got attached to you... Do you know how to deal with it?

If you start something and you should be able to carry it on to the end lets say cleanse and bless.

It no good telling someone their house is haunted and not do anything... they already knew that.

You need a team that are experts in all fields...

Hi Reg, Seems everyone bases their opinion on MH on Derek, but he was fired and no longer on the show. David Wells and Dr. Ciaran O'Keefe are very reputable. Ciaran has stated he would never get involved with fraud, as he would leave first. Also David Wells IMO is a very strong medium. Granted Yvette is no pro but never claimed to be, either is Karl, they just hunt ghosts and dont pretend to be something they arent, I guess thats why I enjoy the show..JN

I think TAPS can be found more credible by skeptics without any mediums. They're willing to debunk a case if they can. Not every encounter is casued by paranormal activity. They're normal ppl just like the audience and it helps us relate.

How would you know whether a spirit is earthbound or not without one... Some spirits which have passed over are very good at manipulating electrical items and phones and do so just to let you know they are there.

What do you do when you come accross a spirit that needs help? Do you know how to cross them over?

Unfortunately for ghost hunters most ghosts do not make themselves present on demand... weeks or months even years can go by without any activity.... Stopping over one night... doesn't work in my eyes. You need to be in that environment for long perids of time.

And what would you do if a spirit got attached to you... Do you know how to deal with it?

If you start something and you should be able to carry it on to the end lets say cleanse and bless.

It no good telling someone their house is haunted and not do anything... they already knew that.

I absolutely agree with you on that you need a longer investigation to get a better understanding of what's going on. Though your thoughts on ghosts are purely based on belief and not facts. No one knows what ghosts are, but these groups can help figure that out. In my eyes I think they need to keep religious based assumptions off of their agenda and come at it with a purely scientific stance.

Edited by sub_x0ne

I think TAPS can be found more credible by skeptics without any mediums. They're willing to debunk a case if they can. Not every encounter is casued by paranormal activity. They're normal ppl just like the audience and it helps us relate.

I agree . the fact they are coming from this stance woud hold weight more with skeptics and give more credence to mediums if they did find anything there . i think to have a medium on there would take away from taps main objective.

Edited by spiritual_soul79

I absolutely agree with you on that you need a longer investigation to get a better understanding of what's going on. Though your thoughts on ghosts are purely based on belief and not facts. No one knows what ghosts are, but these groups can help figure that out. In my eyes I think they need to keep religious based assumptions off of their agenda and come at it with a purely scientific stance.

Ghost are spirits that haven't passed through the light and are associated with a house, land, object and people.

I believe everyone is born with a 6th sense thats why children are more sensitive, unfortunately with the lives we lead today it becomes inactive, but it can be opened up through meditation, reiki, yoga etc. You just have to know how to do it proper eg grounding and closing up.

First, there are no experts in the field of the paranormal

Second, more often than not, a "haunting" can be disproved by logical reasoning

Thirdly, I have people who can cleanse an area if need be, or "crossing" the spirits over

Furthermore, I know how to handle my own, and how my team can handle themselves

Lastly, I am a skeptic of anyone claiming to being gifted in this sense of which you were talking about. It is one thing to have a reputation for having such gifts, its another to be contacted out of the blue by someone you dont even know claiming they have these gifts.

One woman claimed she had a gift, I was out of town on business, but the person i let in charge of the group made up a story, took her to a location and tested her out.....She sensed all sorts of things stemming from his story...when she found out it wasn't true, she admitted she wasn't as gifted as she said and we never heard from her again.

So understand my skepticism.....one person ruined my perception of them all...and thats how it goes.

First, there are no experts in the field of the paranormal

Second, more often than not, a "haunting" can be disproved by logical reasoning

Thirdly, I have people who can cleanse an area if need be, or "crossing" the spirits over

Furthermore, I know how to handle my own, and how my team can handle themselves

Lastly, I am a skeptic of anyone claiming to being gifted in this sense of which you were talking about. It is one thing to have a reputation for having such gifts, its another to be contacted out of the blue by someone you dont even know claiming they have these gifts.

One woman claimed she had a gift, I was out of town on business, but the person i let in charge of the group made up a story, took her to a location and tested her out.....She sensed all sorts of things stemming from his story...when she found out it wasn't true, she admitted she wasn't as gifted as she said and we never heard from her again.

So understand my skepticism.....one person ruined my perception of them all...and thats how it goes.

That's sad, there are a lot of gifted people... Most probably do not do anything with it apart from their own spiritual enlightment. You cannot judge a book by its cover... Its just like me saying all men are worthless just because I got hurt by one... You need to lighten up a bit... being skeptic is not always a good thing.... it blocks energies, and you are more likely to encounter when your energy isn't blocked or you do have some belief system.

Like I said before, I am not a skeptic. A skeptic of mediums, but not skeptic of what I do.

Just thought I'd inform you I am not a medium... Most good ones do not make a living out of it, they will be paid to cover expenses and such... Now psychics the ones that are supposed to read your future now I'd be skeptical about them.

There are other gifts other than mediumship.... clairvoyance, clairadiance, etc

Like I said before, I am not a skeptic. A skeptic of mediums, but not skeptic of what I do.

Well aint that just typical LOL .

no seriously thoiugh if you think that you as PI's can go to a location and find a spirit or ghost there and that you can pick up its energy on emf meters and thermal imaging cameras and have some of your team call out to them and try to get a response from them . them surely a part of you has to think that maybe some can sense this without the use of all this equipment simply by just asking which is what mediums do . i find it rather odd that you think they would comunicate with PI;s but no other. if you dont believe this than asking for them to do something or answer questions is pointless isnt it ? . I wouldnt judge all mediums by the one that you encountered . geez ive seen some shoddy PI's but i dont tar them all with the same brush . keep an open mind just not too open lol :)

Ps be nice in your response im fragile tonight. the clown pic has set my nerves off :lol:

Edited by spiritual_soul79

I know you arent claiming to be one...I know there are different types and I am sure some ppl out there do have gifts, im just saying I cant believe anyone who comes out of the blue with it....people have a hard enough time letting ghost hunters come in and do what they need to do, when they find out they have a "gifted" person sometimes they are like um...what kind of circus you running here..

I actually had woman in her 40's on my team who said she can sense the dead...i didnt question her, i accepted her whole heartedly because she was a good woman. But when we would get new members and she would start talking about her gifts you can see everyone roll their eyes...I never seen proof that she had the gift, but i never asked either.

Don't get me wrong, People have gifts, some are sensitive to certain elements that most are not, but its a rarity and a lot of the frauds out there have ruined it for a lot of the better ones.

Spiritual....i will be nice....however I am very open minded otherwise I wouldnt even ghost hunt. Im not saying people can not sense spirits or whatever the case may be, but a lot of factors come into play when investigating. Even a ghost hunter with no gift what so ever can get a feeling, can sense that certain something. Variables can greatly increase this..High EMF for example can make you feel like you are being watched which makes you assume there is a presence. Which is why we carry EMF detectors...not only to catch energy, but to debunk where that energy is coming from....

The mind is easily influenced to what is going on around us...those who read too much into what i just said, dont....nothing to read into.

Edited by EnJay

Well aint that just typical LOL .

no seriously thoiugh if you think that you as PI's can go to a location and find a spirit or ghost there and that you can pick up its energy on emf meters and thermal imaging cameras and have some of your team call out to them and try to get a response from them . them surely a part of you has to think that maybe some can sense this without the use of all this equipment simply by just asking which is what mediums do . i find it rather odd that you think they would comunicate with PI;s but no other. if you dont believe this than asking for them to do something or answer questions is pointless isnt it ? . I wouldnt judge all mediums by the one that you encountered . geez ive seen some shoddy PI's but i dont tar them all with the same brush . keep an open mind just not too open lol :)

Ps be nice in your response im fragile tonight. the clown pic has set my nerves off :lol:

Well said...

Don't get me wrong, People have gifts, some are sensitive to certain elements that most are not, but its a rarity and a lot of the frauds out there have ruined it for a lot of the better ones.

Now thats better :P