Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crawford Road, Yorktown VA - VERY HAUNTED

Veritas81

My old bestfriend Ashley used to bring me to Crawford Rd and we would sit under the bridge at night with the car lights off. Nothing ever happened but we did get chased by a truck on that road, it followed us to the Yorktown Historic Battleground. One night after waiting for any kind of ghost experiences we went again to the Yorktown Historic Battleground and I heard rifle shots, this was at night. So I believe I experienced Residual Haunting there, but never anything on Crawford Rd under the bridge. I am kind of freaked about the truck thing because Ashley warned me about that and I didn't believe her until it happened. She also said that there is goverment property near there and guards or whatever will pull up in a truck if you are on the railroad tracks and start asking you a lot of questions...then tell you that you are trespassing and that you need to leave.

what railroad tracks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• svenshoegazer

• Atehequa

• wolfslayer

• blakstar

what railroad tracks

My friend Ashley told me that there are railroad tracks around there. I figured that bridge holds railroad tracks on Crawford Rd (or used to), other wise why is it there.. When I was last out there, we turned off our lights under the bridge. It was spooky but nothing happened.

Edited by svenshoegazer

My friend Ashley told me that there are railroad tracks around there. I figured that bridge holds railroad tracks on Crawford Rd (or used to), other wise why is it there.. When I was last out there, we turned off our lights under the bridge. It was spooky but nothing happened.

the bridge is used by tourist buses who check out the revolution battle fields

Could it have been people hunting at night?

we were told by cops that there are poachers and hunters that go out there at night another reason why its so dangerous jst driving along crawford and than bam shot by a stray bullet

the bridge is used by tourist buses who check out the revolution battle fields

Oh that makes sense. So there are no railroad tracks out there? I never walked around out there, my friend said she had and there was some (she does tend to fib sometimes).

Lets get a few facts. Eastern State Hospital in Williamsburg Virginia is the mental facility that they are talking about, and its about 15 miles from there. They have had escapes, but nothing really bad, and if they were using that road to get anywhere, they were lost. About the murder - in the 1970's a woman was driving down the road and hit a plastic garbage bag that was laying in the road. She stopped and got out to see what damage was done to her car, and found out that there was the headless body of a man in the bag. It was later proven to be a drug related murder. The park service also found what was termed as a suicide behind the Yorktown visitor center. Problem was that the suicide had his hands tied behind his back. I worked at Jamestown at the time and heard about this from a friend who was there to open the building. That road was the old body dump for drug dealers way back when.

That whole area is part of the historic triangle. Those are some of the oldest roads in Virginia. To be honest, if you go down any of those old 2 lane roads late at night, there is no telling what you will run into. I have lived here all of my life, and believe me when you go "parking" for some privacy, you really do run the risk of having a close encounter of the ghostly kind.

Lets get a few facts. Eastern State Hospital in Williamsburg Virginia is the mental facility that they are talking about, and its about 15 miles from there. They have had escapes, but nothing really bad, and if they were using that road to get anywhere, they were lost. About the murder - in the 1970's a woman was driving down the road and hit a plastic garbage bag that was laying in the road. She stopped and got out to see what damage was done to her car, and found out that there was the headless body of a man in the bag. It was later proven to be a drug related murder. The park service also found what was termed as a suicide behind the Yorktown visitor center. Problem was that the suicide had his hands tied behind his back. I worked at Jamestown at the time and heard about this from a friend who was there to open the building. That road was the old body dump for drug dealers way back when.

That whole area is part of the historic triangle. Those are some of the oldest roads in Virginia. To be honest, if you go down any of those old 2 lane roads late at night, there is no telling what you will run into. I have lived here all of my life, and believe me when you go "parking" for some privacy, you really do run the risk of having a close encounter of the ghostly kind.

Oh I've been down a many of those old wooded roads. What about the Old House Woods in Mathews County ?

I've worked at E.S.H in Williamsburg for almost 20 years and could tell you some stories, but I would probably have someone living halfway around the world who never stepped foot in that old mental hospital trying to debunk my words.

<!--quoteo(post=1947090:date=Oct 23 2007, 12:20 AM:name=Religion)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Religion @ Oct 23 2007, 12:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1947090"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hmmm, I live in Northern Virginia, gotta check this out sometime<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah you should come around Halloween! And let us know what you find. Hell, I think I'm gonna try to "man up" and get some people to go out there with me at night and research. This time of year it's bound to be active!

Let me know as I know every part of those woods around Yorktown and the Colonial Parkway.

I have never really heard of these stories..but then again I live in Norfolk, 45 mins away from that area. I have heard of the Parkway Killer but not these murders or any roads being a body dump for drug dealers. Sounds very much like an urban legend, just saying.

I have never really heard of these stories..but then again I live in Norfolk, 45 mins away from that area. I have heard of the Parkway Killer but not these murders or any roads being a body dump for drug dealers. Sounds very much like an urban legend, just saying.

I was waiting for someone to say that - "I heard it from a friend of a friend" - NOT! The guy I was dating at the time told me about it. His mother worked with the woman who hit the guy. In reality she thought that someone had dumped a dog or other animal in the road. They do that here frequently. The woman was a nurse at Williamsburg Community Hospital, that's why she was going home so late at night. And it was in the Daily Press newspaper. So this is a second hand retelling, not an urban legend.

The "suicide" and the parkway murders happened about 20 years later. How do I know about them? Because I worked at Jamestown NHP back then. They happened at more locations than just the parkway. Do you know what the first strange death was there? Hint - it wasn't the 2 William and Mary college girls. They know who killed them.

I thought all the drug dealers live in Norfolk, especially in the Ocean View area. Tell you what, take that bridge tunnel west and travel past the urban sprawl of Hampton and Newport News where you may see actual large tracts of woods and I'll show you some scary sights,, well maybe not as scary as an crack addled East Ocean View prostitute.

Just wondering about other haunted roads that may be out there. I am experientially curious about Nova Scotia, because that is where I am located of course. Anyone know of any?

Just wondering about other haunted roads that may be out there. I am experientially curious about Nova Scotia, because that is where I am located of course. Anyone know of any?

Sorry PFM I only know the areas I'm familar with and one of them is Crawford Road in York County Virginia

Sorry PFM I only know the areas I'm familar with and one of them is Crawford Road in York County Virginia

That is OK, thank you so much for sharing the info on Crawford road, I would love to be able to visit it someday, until then I will have to rely on the experiences and knowledge of good folks such as yourself.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old post, but I found it interesting that Lostleaf posted about the first strange death on the Parkway and that it is known who killed the two young ladies from W&M...I was wondering if those topics could be elaborated on. I was very young when they happened, and would just like to learn more about it. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

from what i heard, the original story about lady in white was that, she was actually hung their because she was accused of being a witch back in the day around the time of the salem witch trials.

Edited by MadLuvParanormal