Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California's Burning

ships-cat

CNN website:

Stressed families see homes burn on TV

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/10/24/evac.navy/index.html

So... many people (myself included) go through a home-building stage in their lives. They reach a point where they decide that they can't change the world but they can acquire a tiny, tiny part of it and make it a decent place. Raise their kids there. Have a long-term relationship there. Whatever. Can you imagine going through that stage, working for 20 years to make something nice, and then watching the whole thing burn down, while you're in a public place surrounded by strangers?

A lot of people are experiencing that now. How horrible.

Yeah... traumatic or what ? LIke I posted previously.. one San Deagonight saw her rest home burn down, and responded with "I had too much clutter anyway"... or words to that effect. Sheer Class. And terrorrists think they can break the American Spirit ? Dream on.

Some little kitty cat is going to get aluminum foil wrapped around his feet O:-). Glad to hear your family is alright. A friend of mine took a picture of the Californian sunset; he lives 100 miles away from the fire although I don't know if the picture was taken from that far away. Scary.

Hey, Cat is NO Stranger to the old Aluminium Foil. I wear my patented "kiitty-foil helmet" every day, the better to ward off the mind-beams from the Illuminati on the Moon.

Don't YOU ? :o

Meow Purr.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Clocker

• Princess Serenity

• EmpressStarXVII

This is spooky I would be to scared to live there myself. Fires, earthquakes, heck maybe even a tsunami. San Diego is a great city to visit but I don't think I would want to live there.

Come on, what is a little earthquake in a safely build house.

Here is a little map of quakes that happened in my neighborhood last week:

linked-image

The red ones are today, orange last 48 hours and white last week, and there where you see a whole bunch of them is where I live.

Yeah... traumatic or what ? LIke I posted previously.. one San Deagonight saw her rest home burn down, and responded with "I had too much clutter anyway"... or words to that effect. Sheer Class. And terrorrists think they can break the American Spirit ? Dream on.

That IS incredibly classy. I'd love to be the type of person who could come out with something like that. **applause for whoever it was**

That IS incredibly classy. I'd love to be the type of person who could come out with something like that. **applause for whoever it was**

I believe even after this, San Diego will stay classy. Even with the fires and all, I won't rule out living there for a few years at some point. Byt the way, glad to her your family's alright, cat.

Come on, what is a little earthquake in a safely build house.

Here is a little map of quakes that happened in my neighborhood last week:

linked-image

The red ones are today, orange last 48 hours and white last week, and there where you see a whole bunch of them is where I live.

Damn thats alot of earthquakes Yicks, I think I'll stay right here next to the Rockies and avoid avalanche zone's. Although when the San Anreas(spelling?) fault gives it's going to be dozy.

They arrested a guy with contactions to the fires! They say it might be asion. The story is coming up on FNC in the next hour.

Wal-mart is making donactions to the fire victims.

Just heard that my friend's house is fine, and so is he naturally. Haven't heard anything from anyone else though.

They arrested a guy with contactions to the fires! They say it might be asion. The story is coming up on FNC in the next hour.

Wal-mart is making donactions to the fire victims.

You might have something there, what a shame :angry2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...7021516,00.html

You might have something there, what a shame :angry2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/stor...7021516,00.html

Thanks.

The Santiago fire. They say that one fire was set on purpose. They also say there is another person who is under arrest for arson. So there are two suspects in arson. We know one fire was set on purpose & it has now become a arson invesgation.

Southern California Donations.

Harris/Witch Fire Donations.

A toll-free hotline has been established by the governor's office for businesses interested in making "large quantity" donations to people displaced by the Southern California wildfires: (800) 750-2858. It will be staffed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. by officials from the governor's Office of Emergency Services.

Southern California Donations.

Harris/Witch Fire Donations.

A toll-free hotline has been established by the governor's office for businesses interested in making "large quantity" donations to people displaced by the Southern California wildfires: (800) 750-2858. It will be staffed from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. by officials from the governor's Office of Emergency Services.

Thanks for that, Empress.

-----------------------------------

By ELLIOT SPAGAT, Associated Press Writer

19 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO - Flames drew perilously close toward thousands of homes in Southern California's firestorm Thursday, despite a break in the harsh winds and a massive aerial assault that raised evacuees' hopes of going home for good.

The hot, dry Santa Ana winds that have whipped the blazes into a destructive, indiscriminate fury since the weekend were expected to all but disappear Thursday.

"That will certainly aid in firefighting efforts," National Weather Service meteorologist Jamie Meier said.

The record high temperatures of recent days began succumbing to cooling sea breezes, and two fires that burned 21 homes in northern Los Angeles County were fully contained.

Electricity was another concern that was quickly emerging as the fires raged. A wildfire cut a main power link with Arizona, while another blaze near Camp Pendleton was threatening the main north-south power corridor that connects San Diego with the rest of California. Additional power was being shipped from Mexico, said Sempra Utilities Chief Operating Officer Michael Niggli.

Article

Well that's good news.

had to happen, was the fires done by Al-qaeda?????????? <_<

Don't worry, Smokey the Bear is now a fascist HomeLand Security agent.

linked-image

"Only you can pevent terrorism" - narc on your neighbors.

There's nine fires. I counted them from a screenshot. A friend took.

Stadium closing as fire evacuation site By ALLISON HOFFMAN, Associated Press Writer

54 minutes ago

SAN DIEGO - The football stadium where thousands of displaced residents sought refuge is closing as an evacuation center, symbolic progress against wildfires menacing Southern California.

Once sheltering more than 10,000 people, Qualcomm Stadium was home to just 350 on Friday morning. It was to close later in the day.

Across San Diego County, the region hardest hit by the firestorms that began last weekend, thousands of evacuees have been trickling back to neighborhoods stripped bare.

The lucky ones will find their homes still standing amid a blackened landscape. Others, like Robert Sanders, are not so fortunate.

The 56-year-old photographer returned to a smoldering mound that once was his rented house in the San Diego neighborhood of Rancho Bernardo.

Among the possessions he lost were his transparencies, melted inside a fire-resistant box, and a photograph of his father.

Article

There seems to be more of an attempt of evacuation here then there was in New Orleans.

Gotta save those Stars!!!!

actually I have a family member who lives in Hollywood ( no not everyone who lives there is rich or in the movie industry) I was worried about her but she says it's far from her. Sometimes they can catch a faint whiff of it in the air , but over all there is nothing for them to worry about.

Most people evacuated were ordinary citizens.

a problem they did have was not enough man power to fight the fires since half the National Guard and it's equipment is in Iraq. That coupled with the winds caused it to burn longer and farther than expected.

actually I have a family member who lives in Hollywood ( no not everyone who lives there is rich or in the movie industry) I was worried about her but she says it's far from her. Sometimes they can catch a faint whiff of it in the air , but over all there is nothing for them to worry about.

Most people evacuated were ordinary citizens.

a problem they did have was not enough man power to fight the fires since half the National Guard and it's equipment is in Iraq. That coupled with the winds caused it to burn longer and farther than expected.

Glad to hear that your family are safe Lt_Ripley. It seems that the corner has been turned, and that life is returning to normal. Good News indeed.

One thing... are the national guard trained and equiped for fire-fighting ? Surely they are soldiers ? (or airmen or whatever). That seems like a somewhat disingenuous comment. :(

Meow Purr.

had to happen, was the fires done by Al-qaeda?????????? <_<

http://www.truthnews.us/?p=462

I heard that rumor, don't believe a word of it.

One thing... are the national guard trained and equiped for fire-fighting ? Surely they are soldiers ? (or airmen or whatever). That seems like a somewhat disingenuous comment.

I think they're trained for every situation.

I heard that rumor, don't believe a word of it.

the guys theyve been catching lighting the fires are illegal aliens...

You heard this from a news source, or it is a theory you have? I haven't watched the news lately.

What about the two people they have under arrest? They're illegals too?

I haven't heard anything about that, Unlimited.

I think the rumor about this being a terrorist attack is dumb.

Ok now that needs a source.....

You heard this from a news source, or it is a theory you have? I haven't watched the news lately.

fox news...2 guatemalans

Ye Gods... good post Empress... however...

I'd urge Bags and Bags of caution before people Rush to Judgement on this board.

early days.. confusion... uncoroborated reports.. arrests, but no charges yet.

Moew Purr.