Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young boy busts drunken mother

Princess Serenity

Boy's calls to 911 lead to mom's arrest

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- An 8-year-old boy riding in a car with his mom called 911 several times to report that she wasn't "acting normal," leading to her arrest for investigation of drunken driving and other charges, authorities said.

Paulette Lynn Spears, 33, was arrested Saturday after she drove to a fire station and said she had a medical problem.

Guided by her son's description of what he could see from the car, as well as by global positioning technology to track the phone calls, deputies arrived at the station less than a minute later.

"He said 'I don't know where we are, and Mom's not acting normal,'" sheriff's Sgt. Randon M. Walker said.

At one point, Spears took a cellular telephone from the boy, told the dispatcher not to worry and hung up, Walker said. The boy called back, and again his mother cut short the call, Walker said.

"The mother kept interrupting the 8-year-old," he said. "It happened at least twice."

At one point, Walker said, Spears apparently bit the boy's hand to get the telephone away from him.

Four minutes before the boy's first call, dispatchers had received a report of car that matched the description of Spears' car being driven erratically.

The boy and a 5-year-old child, who was also in the car, were placed with an aunt. As of Monday, Spears remained in jail for investigation of drunken driving, two counts of reckless endangerment and assault of a child. It was not clear if she had a lawyer to speak for her because she had not appeared in court.

Records show she has at least one conviction for drunken driving.

Click

----------------------------------------------------

He earned a lifetime supple of cookies.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Princess Serenity

• Stixxman

• Unlimited

• Rosenrot

Thats horrible and all..but...assualt of a child? What the hell is that...I've had WAY worse then a slap on the hand..(unless theres more then the article here)

Good for the young boy....He saw something was wrong and had the common sense to call for help, before an accident happened...

what a little ingrate! You don't turn family in!

It was either that or become another fatality from drunk driving. Even thought the boy might not have known what he was doing, he was saving his little butt. And in the end, that's what human's instincts are for.

It was either that or become another fatality from drunk driving. Even thought the boy might not have known what he was doing, he was saving his little butt. And in the end, that's what human's instincts are for.

I always thought this was the case for parenting, also. But, driving around drunk with your kids in the car kind of disproves my theory. People like this lady don't deserve to breed.

Good for the young boy....He saw something was wrong and had the common sense to call for help, before an accident happened...

Oh yeah. He even knew that he's little sister was in the car. And didn't want to anything to happen to them or anyone else.

I think the boy probably heard about drunk driving.

ever read 1984...they are training the kids in schools to turn in their parents for things...its so orwellian im glad im childless...

KIds are so sophisticated these days.

He did the right thing and his mother should be proud of him (after she realize's) that he probably saved their lives. This is her second conviction on dui she should have her a** kicked. And to have her children in the car .....why are humans so STUPID!!! :angry:

He did the right thing and his mother should be proud of him (after she realize's) that he probably saved their lives. This is her second conviction on dui she should have her a** kicked. And to have her children in the car .....why are humans so STUPID!!! :angry:

if he has a home to go too...he's probably in foster care by now...

The children will be staying with their aunt. Until this is settled.

So he's stayingn with a family member. That's what they said in the report.

I'm sure she will be thankfully one day.

I heard that too. That this is the second time.

She needs some help really.

Edited by MoonPrincess

People like this lady don't deserve to breed.

I agree. My opinion is that there should be a test that people have to pass before they can breed. Children deserve better.

ever read 1984...they are training the kids in schools to turn in their parents for things...its so orwellian im glad im childless...

The Nazis also did that. They would have the children turn in teachers who didn't teach what the regime wanted. The young mind is very impressionable.

The NAzis used to have another program, where they decided who should and who shouldn't have kids for selective breeding.