Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mist!

MasterPo

Stephen King's "The Mist" starts 11/21!!

I've waited sooooo many years for King to do something with this incredible short story! Most of his great movies (especially the early ones) were based on his short stories. Never understood why he waited soooooo long to make this into a movie. Or at least it would have been a good TV mini-series.

But now it's finally here. I'm sooooo excited!!!!!!!! :tu:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Cheese~

• MasterPo

• EmpressStarXVII

• Pythia

There's a new movie from him coming out? I've gotta check that out. I love anything inspired or done by him.

*edit*: Just found a trailer. It looks quite good. I'll be excited to see this one. :3

Edited by Northawke_rs

Yeah the Mist is a great story, shocking and gruesome. If The Mist and The Fog got into a scrap The Mist would win hands down! :P

Did anyone check out 1408?

The Mist does look really good... But it’s hard to have a movie stand up to his books. I am hoping they stay really close to the events in the book. I think almost all of his stories could be made into incredible movies, considering we are now getting the technology to make a lot of his ideas come to life on the screen.

I saw the trailer when I was watching Scream Awards 2007. It looked good.

I wouldn't put it passed the government to do something like that. :w00t:

I've been waiting on this one for a long time too, MasterPo. It is a great short story and after reading it, I watched the windows in the grocery store for months. :D

The movie rights were bought years ago and I kept expecting it to come out.

Nice to see that someone's finally done it.

Now, I've got to go find the trailer.

As much as this is a good sci-fi story, like many of Kings works I think it's also a good study into human behaviour. Without giving away too much of the story, I think it clearly shows denial of what is happening, dealing with reality, and above all how easily other wise rational logical "normal" people can be made to believe in anything and when people are scared how they can easily be manipulated into doing the otherwise unthinkable and think it's OK.

Ooh! Another Stephen King movie???

*jumps up and down on sofa with joy*

I love Stephen King....Watched "It" again last night.... :clap: Now I'll watch out for "The Mist"...

I've heard great things about this movie. Stephen King movies are always hit or miss, but when they are a hit they are great :)

I've heard great things about this movie. Stephen King movies are always hit or miss, but when they are a hit they are great :)

You can always tell how good King thinks the screenplay is to his book by how big a roll King himself plays in the movie. He has cameo's in nearly all his movies. For example, in "The Stand" he had a pretty big role as a supporting character near the end. But in "The Lawnmore Man" he wasn't in it at all.

You can always tell how good King thinks the screenplay is to his book by how big a roll King himself plays in the movie. He has cameo's in nearly all his movies. For example, in "The Stand" he had a pretty big role as a supporting character near the end. But in "The Lawnmore Man" he wasn't in it at all.

Mmm.. he wasn't in "The Green Mile" or "Shawshank Redemption" and those were fabulous adaptations. :D

Squeeal! This is one of my favorite shorts (novella?) of his. Very cool that it is coming out as a movie - I hope they stick to the story.

I'd also like to see the movie of "The Long Walk" done properly. When people talk about Stephen King, that's always the first story that I think of.

I saw scenes of it during Ghost Hunters Live on Halloween. It's looks like a really cool movie.

Also I read that the fog from the Silent Hill games was inspired by The Mist.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder which inspired which The Fog or The Mist? Anyhow, I'll be looking to see this one. Some of his movies are pretty good, then he comes out with a real boner. I've never read the short story. What is it about?

I saw scenes of it during Ghost Hunters Live on Halloween. It's looks like a really cool movie.

Also I read that the fog from the Silent Hill games was inspired by The Mist.

wow.. and I was just thinking that the creature from one of the previews looked alot like the flying demons in silent hill one

I saw it tonight. It was great!

I'd say it's 98% accurate to the short story. The ending - last 10 minutes - is different and additional to the story but still very good. Very much in the style of King.

Special effects were of course great.

I saw it tonight. It was great!

I'd say it's 98% accurate to the short story. The ending - last 10 minutes - is different and additional to the story but still very good. Very much in the style of King.

Special effects were of course great.

Kewl,

Thanks for the review.... Definitely going to see this one. Stephen King is a fav of mine.

Falco and I saw it tonight and we both loved it!

It was true to the short story but for once the movie has a better if not exactly happier ending.

A big group of kids was walking in front of us as we left the theater and were b****ing about how the movie wasn't very good, that "the monsters weren't very scary". The missed the whole point of the story! Its not supposed to be about the monsters in the mist; its about the monsters in the people.

I saw it yesterday and I thought it was a very good movie and definitely worth watching for anyone.

The monsters were interesting (since i've never read the book), my favorite was that behemoth near the end that looked like it was 300 feet tall, now thats something you don't see everyday even in sci-fi/horror movies.

Edited by Indrid Cold

I saw it yesterday and I thought it was a very good movie and definitely worth watching for anyone.

The monsters were interesting (since i've never read the book), my favorite was that behemoth near the end that looked like it was 300 feet tall, now thats something you don't see everyday even in sci-fi/horror movies.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to see it today.

Thanks for the review. I'm going to see it today.

I am goin to go see it too... problem being, is that my wife cant watch horror/scary movies so I always end up having to find a time to go see those when she is working and I will go by myself, which sucks. You know that lonely guy in the theater sitting there all by himself? thats me. :(

Kings books are so hit or miss when it comes to being able to translate to screen...some of the concepts are so cerebral that the bad guys may not be good once they actually take form on film. The green mile...that film just tore me up...geez, I dont know what it was about that one, but the final execution scene had more of an emotional impact on me than I think any other movie; I was connected to the Cofee character so much, and you just think tou yourself that there is no way that they are going to go through with it...