Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mist!

MasterPo

I am goin to go see it too... problem being, is that my wife cant watch horror/scary movies so I always end up having to find a time to go see those when she is working and I will go by myself, which sucks. You know that lonely guy in the theater sitting there all by himself? thats me. :(

Kings books are so hit or miss when it comes to being able to translate to screen...some of the concepts are so cerebral that the bad guys may not be good once they actually take form on film. The green mile...that film just tore me up...geez, I dont know what it was about that one, but the final execution scene had more of an emotional impact on me than I think any other movie; I was connected to the Cofee character so much, and you just think tou yourself that there is no way that they are going to go through with it...

I see that alot at the movies, but that's the opposite in my family..My dad is afraid of horror/scarry movies so my mom goes with me or my sister. Anywho. But in green mile that final scene was emotional to me too.. I enjoy reading Steven King novels.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Cheese~

• MasterPo

• EmpressStarXVII

• Pythia

I agree with Green Mile having an emotional impact. The movie is so intuned to just a few characters that you really get a feel for those such characters.

Hell, even when Mr. Jingles gets smashed you are affected a little bit.

I love everything about the movie, the time frame, the characters, the plot.

It was true to the short story but for once the movie has a better if not exactly happier ending.

It's not that the movie ending is better than the story. Just that King often leaves his written works open-ended at the conclusion and they made a fairly closed ending for the movie. But ironic in a try King style!

As for the 300-foot creature, that was part of the original story too though Hollywood took a few creative liberties with the effects. But I don't think it was bad at all. I interpreted the creature as being the same thing that was at the other end of the tenticles on the loading dock.

Just saw it. Amazing movie. Tragic, but acceptable ending. The creatures were interesting, uniquely done. If there are other worlds around, God help us if we ever open a door to one with creatures like that!

I was hoping to see more of Andre Braugher.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

It's not that the movie ending is better than the story. Just that King often leaves his written works open-ended at the conclusion and they made a fairly closed ending for the movie. But ironic in a try King style!

As for the 300-foot creature, that was part of the original story too though Hollywood took a few creative liberties with the effects. But I don't think it was bad at all. I interpreted the creature as being the same thing that was at the other end of the tenticles on the loading dock.

Well I sure liked it! :tu:

I'm curious about it... my boyfriend saw it and hated it, but he hates alot of movies until he finds out I like them... LOL.

But to be honest most of the movies based on Stephen King's books disapoint me (the tommyknockers anyone?)

Though there were a few I found well done (green mile, 1408... was okay, misery)

I am a horror movie junkie so regardless I will see it...

I said I was going to see it on sunday but never got a chance to go but i'm defiently going this weekend! :td:

I have to wait for it to come out on DVD, so I will be bowing out of this thread now lest I spot a spoiler.

I'm glad to hear it stuck to the book pretty well though.

I love Stephen King's books. The movies usually suck. The ones that do translate well are usually his short stories. Which this one is. I thought it was probably the best Stephen King movie made to date. I am waiting for Dark Tower move, but I think it will have to be a tv mini series(which assures it of sucking).

I see that alot at the movies, but that's the opposite in my family..My dad is afraid of horror/scarry movies so my mom goes with me or my sister. Anywho. But in green mile that final scene was emotional to me too.. I enjoy reading Steven King novels.

I purposely indoctrinated each of my six children into the genre' at a very early age. My nine year old finds it difficult to sleep without a woman in the background screaming in terror. They all hid behind the couch at some point, with their little hands over their eyes, watching between their fingers. They realize now that it wasn't safe back there either. We each seem to have that one movie that we will not watch alone. But my family are raised to be God fearing, horror watching, Republican Capitalists. :D ~Jackal

This weekend i have to see this movie!!

Hmm idk around here there saying it wasn't all that great. I'll probably just dowload it and see if its worth seeing on the big screen.

Today i'll finally go see it

I loved that story. The only story I like better is The Dark Tower series, also by Stephen King

I am not sure if I want to watch it, it seems like it has no story and im just gonna be sitting there in the same scene and nothings gonna change, everyone will still be scared and its just gonna repeat over and over. I read that it was octupi, I think it would be great if the movie showed the story behing the octupi aswell.

I like all of stephen king stories.. I favorite is rose red.

This movie was a bit disappointing for me.. The crazy lady got annoying fast, it didn't really grab my attention at any point throughout the movie.. and ugh, I saw that ending coming a mile away :lol:

Overall I'm sure the book was better, but I don't have a library near me..

Hmm idk around here there saying it wasn't all that great. I'll probably just dowload it and see if its worth seeing on the big screen.

I saw it today and I like it wasnt too bad and for me thats saying alot. Though I never read the book so idk how it compares to it. I like the way it shows the mindset of the people in the store.

I didn't have anytime to watch it.. SO i guess i'll get the book and read it.

Watched the movie last night and I loved it. It had that storm of the century feel but with a different horror. The ending was twisted, LOVE IT.

I will definitely go to see it, but I didn't think the short story by Stephen King was that good. Creatures in the mist holding a supermarket captive...I don't know.

I will definitely go to see it, but I didn't think the short story by Stephen King was that good. Creatures in the mist holding a supermarket captive...I don't know.

You dont have to 'Go ' see it I seen it on internet last night

[/quot

Where??

Where??

No sense in asking, it will just be deleted because it is against forum rules ;).

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

Where??

No sense in asking, it will just be deleted because it is against forum rules ;).

I forgot I forgot! Well i'll go to the movies anyways