Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

BBC: Cuba Begins National Elections?

Caesar

I'm never against immigration, but massive third world immigration and illegal immigration. But I am not sure what you're saying, are you saying it should be good for Cuba to have a dictator since it is helping America?

I am saying you are dodging the question... and spinning it like you did has satisfied my curiousity... flip-flop.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spurious George

• Caesar

• rhyknow

• Mars

Top Posters In This Topic

edit: doesnt my avatar give it away? ^_^

Yeah...it's gives a lot away...you pick on inanimate objects because you haven't gone down to the store yet to pick yourself up a big-boy pair.

Yeah...it's gives a lot away...you pick on inanimate objects because you haven't gone down to the store yet to pick yourself up a big-boy pair.

He's got a point though Bruce. Cuba has a better adult literacy rate than the USA. I also believe (though I don't have a link ready) that is has - on balance - a more effective medical service.

Could I give you a leaflet from the Communist Party of the USA ? (although you'll have to be able to read Spanish for some of their articles). Perhaps you should put your weight behind them ? :P

Meow Purr :P

why is cubas communism this huge enemy of freedom?, and chinese communism is welcomed like an old friend...i've never seen such hypocricy...

Well, it's a news website and the fact that Cuba is having elections is news. The only reason I posted was the way you worded your post it seemed the BBC was flying the flag for communism. When I read the article it was a pretty dull collection of facts with only three sentances about whether the elections were 'real' or not and both viewpoints were mentioned.

Whats a new website? your right I did word it out of sarcasm but sometimes thats hard to pickup online typing.

It was one page on a UK news website mentioning a country that the UK is not particularly interested in is having an election. I didn't see it mentioned on the BBC TV or any other TV / website in the UK, in fact if you hadn't linked to it I would not have known Cuba was having elections. If it was making headline news or the BBC were actively promoting Cuba's government I could see you having an issue with that. But given they update their web page with dozens of pages a day, including lots of minor stories I can't see why it bothered you.

I just think the"Cuba Begins National Elections" is missleading to say the least.

He's got a point though Bruce. Cuba has a better adult literacy rate than the USA. I also believe (though I don't have a link ready) that is has - on balance - a more effective medical service.

Could I give you a leaflet from the Communist Party of the USA ? (although you'll have to be able to read Spanish for some of their articles). Perhaps you should put your weight behind them ? :P

Meow Purr :P

SC that has to be the strangest link I have ever seen. :huh:

Whats a new website? your right I did word it out of sarcasm but sometimes thats hard to pickup online typing.

News website.

I just think the"Cuba Begins National Elections" is missleading to say the least.

"Cuba begins its election process" is still accurate whether the election process is a joke or otherwise. Hell, there's plenty of other less 'newsworthy' stories on there - "Dolly Parton fan given music ban", "Che Guevara's hair sells for $119,000 at Dallas auction" or other countrie's election news too - "Will you be voting in Sunday's presidential election in Argentina?", nothing worth getting a bee in your bonnet over ;)

Edited by ifisurvive