Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brown warned over language

questionmark

Brown warned over language at PMQs

By Andrew Porter, Political Editor

Last Updated: 3:57pm BST 24/10/2007

Gordon Brown was told by the Speaker of the House of Commons to use more temperate language during a stormy session of Prime Minister's Questions this afternoon.

Mr Brown had accused David Cameron, the Conservative leader, of "misleading people" about who was to blame for a ballot paper fiasco which left some people in Scotland unable to vote in elections in May.

Mr Cameron had demanded that the Prime Minister make a personal apology to affected voters, after a recent report pointed the finger of blame at Douglas Alexander, the former Scotland Secretary and a Brown ally

But Mr Brown instead defended his cabinet colleague and said that all parties were responsible for agreeing the terms of the Scottish elections in which there were two ballots on the same day.

He said: "What the Gould report said was that there were decisions that could have been better made…These decisions were supported by the Conservative party.

"All political parties must take their share of what happened."

Full story, Source: The Telegraph

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• Moon Monkey

• chemical-licker

• questionmark

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

and these people run the country :unsure2: im moving to mars

Edited by chemical-licker

and these people run the country :unsure2: im moving to mars

Apparently, some people already think I am living on Mars! :lol:

I think prime ministers questions is hilarious, todays was no different. Brown is useless at it, just comes across as the miserable, dour Scots b****** he is. Cameron beats him hands down every wednesday.

I think prime ministers questions is hilarious, todays was no different. Brown is useless at it, just comes across as the miserable, dour Scots b****** he is. Cameron beats him hands down every wednesday.

I agree moon, i dont like Browns attitude, after 10 years of labour we still have the basic problems in health, education education education, crime and the causes of crime, and to think of all the money spent, borrowed and stolen. including 60% of OUR gold reserve sold. we've never been taxed so much and we're in such a mess,