Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Idaho Falls, Idaho

SunnyOutlook

I have a friend who told me about a vacant lot that has a 7 to 8 foot high privacy fence on 18th street in Idaho Falls. He said there is a tree in the middle of it with what looks like there could be part of a foundation where a house once stood. He said there are no birds or squirrels of any kind near this area. Also, he said that people have seen a house that isn't there. He had a friend he took to the lot and the friend drew a picture of the house even though there is no house. Has anyone ever heard of this?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunnyOutlook

• Aanica

• KAOSInc

• Dargo

This is what I found on Shadowlands Haunted Places:

Idaho Falls - The Lot - Legend has it that a house once stood on the spot where now is only a deserted lot, fenced in and hidden by the overgrowth of trees. There is no longer power or water service to this lot, but many people walking by have heard the sound of running water and seen the leaves of the trees light up as if the house were there and the rooms were lighted. Several witnesses have been inside and have reported that there are spirits of a family murdered by the father roaming around the yard. After roaming and exploring, a young man and his brother were spooked by sudden screams and tried to leave the lot, he knocked the ladder over and tried to climb the inside of the wall. He felt as if there were nails hammered through to the inside and he was being scratched. When his brother righted the ladder, they both climbed over the fence and escaped. The young man still has the scars, but there are no nails or nail holes in that fence and none of the neighbors had heard a thing. Also on several occasions that the 'apparition' of the house that stood there would appear with lighted windows. Upon further surveillance, figures could be seen passing by the windows and opening the front door. Children could be heard playing in the front yard, but could not be seen because of the high fence.

Hope it helps!

What are the coordinates of this lot? Or possibly the nearest cross street at 13th? Thanks. ~Jackal

Idaho Falls - The Lot - Legend has it that a house once stood on the spot where now is only a deserted lot, fenced in and hidden by the overgrowth of trees. There is no longer power or water service to this lot, but many people walking by have heard the sound of running water and seen the leaves of the trees light up as if the house were there and the rooms were lighted. Several witnesses have been inside and have reported that there are spirits of a family murdered by the father roaming around the yard. After roaming and exploring, a young man and his brother were spooked by sudden screams and tried to leave the lot, he knocked the ladder over and tried to climb the inside of the wall. He felt as if there were nails hammered through to the inside and he was being scratched. When his brother righted the ladder, they both climbed over the fence and escaped. The young man still has the scars, but there are no nails or nail holes in that fence and none of the neighbors had heard a thing. Also on several occasions that the 'apparition' of the house that stood there would appear with lighted windows. Upon further surveillance, figures could be seen passing by the windows and opening the front door. Children could be heard playing in the front yard, but could not be seen because of the high fence.

Hope it helps!

This helps. Thank you! I wonder if there are any pictures of this place.

What are the coordinates of this lot? Or possibly the nearest cross street at 13th? Thanks. ~Jackal

I was told this place is in the center of town and the next street is 17th Street.

• 7 months later...

is this the same location that the Crowly House was out, or are they two different places? thanks :)

Interesting story...

This is the first I have heard of a "ghost house" appearing and disappearing!

• 4 weeks later...

Hope it helps!

Interesting. I may have to check it out one of these days since I live pretty close to IF.

Interesting story...

This is the first I have heard of a "ghost house" appearing and disappearing!

Same here, but it wouldn't surprise me as it could be the same kind of phenominon as a ghost ship at sea.

Yea great question! :lol:

QUOTE (jonny b @ Jun 28 2008, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here, but it wouldn't surprise me as it could be the same kind of phenominon as a ghost ship at sea.

Good point.

I've never heard of such a house or haunting before. It would be great if someone in the neighbourhood could have a webcam pointing to the spot. You never know.

i live in idaho falls, idaho and never heard of it, can you get me a pict?

ive never seen a tree in the middle like that, can you tell me what building its by?

is this the same location that the Crowly House was out, or are they two different places? thanks :)
two different locations...

I read about a lot of haunted locations....first I heard of 'the lot', sounds very interesting.

( Aanica...that avvy disturbs me :blink: )

• 1 year later...

My husband and i are investigating tomorrow night. wish us luck and let me know anything about it that woud be helpfull i will be reprting the news

i searched everywhere for this place... and i couldnt find it. so yeah what sort of fence are we looking for? Im assuming wood, because of how the legend says he felt nails that were never there. so yeah.

also here is a good link for a bunch of places.

http://www.idahohauntings.com/stories.htm

sadly i havent experienced any phenomena from these (ive only been to 2)

but yeah, tell us what you found!

Excuse me, would this be E 18th St. Idaho Falls, Bonneville, ID?

Searching for it on google maps...I used to live there about 6-7 years ago; know the place by heart, almost :P

My husband and i are investigating tomorrow night. wish us luck and let me know anything about it that woud be helpfull i will be reprting the news

:unsure2: ....and they never came back! Someone must have stole their ladder! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I lived 15 years of my life in idaho falls, and used to ride my bike past this spot all the time. We called it "The Fence With No House" and there were all kinds of urban legends about it back then. I know it is on 18th street, west of Holmes Ave and East of Boulevard. We always accessed it via the alley behind 18th (you could climb on garbage cans and see over the fence there). The best way to find it is to go to 17th st until you pass holmes ave. There is a canal there and then take the next street going south. I do not know the exact coords but after you turn south then go east on 18th street and drive until you find it on the north side. If you reach boulevard you've gone too far.

Have fun, this place is creepy in the day time. I hope you find it.

• 2 years later...

I'm unsure about that lot, but I do know of another house that I lived in, while living in Idaho Falls that was most definintly haunted. It's a pretty old house, sectioned off into four apartments. At least it was when I lived there. Really beautiful, had a sun window in the living room, a little shed/back porch thing. A front porch that was quite comfortable. The section we lived in was two stories. Previously blocked off, so there was a wall that cut off the other part of the house...Well, either way, it was three bedrooms two bathrooms, (One was tiny, had a vaulted roof over the tub...kind of seemed like a last minute thing, but anyway...)

We were told we didn't have to pay a deposit if we painted the place before we moved in. First day of painting, we kind of lasted till late night. The house gave us the kind of creeps, downstairs was fine...kind of. Exsept that the cabnents refused to stay closed, (Even with the little latch things they had on them to keep them closed.). When the painting for the day was done, it was night time. We'd all agreed we...really didn't want to be in the house all night. Even the music we had playing while painting didn't lower the creepy factor. Come night, we turned out the light, and moved to leave. All kind of wanting to rush out of the place. As soon as the light turned out, we heard what sounded like...A metalic broom handel falling. (I.E. One of the extender poles we had for painting the walls.) So, naturally, not wanting to leave a mess, we went back in, looked around. Everything was as we placed it. And it was loud, nothing muffled like it would have been in another room, or another apartment building...needless to say we were bothered.

Upstairs was the worst though. The hall was long, it had an ominous feel to it. Like...I don't know...Ever stand in a room that you don't think you're wanted...like...Okay, picture standing next to someone who's said that they want to hurt you. That's the feeling the upstairs gave us. The bathroom with that cramped little tub under the vaulted roof never wanted to stay closed...The rooms were cold and the like...On a warm day.

Come move in day, I decided I wasn't going to let a house scare me away. I went upstairs, in the room that we were going to be in, and turned out the light. I was -determined- not to be scared. Sitting in the empty room, with everyone downstairs, I heard what sounded like...Footsteps walking around me. Dragging. Almost like someone wearing slippers. Freaking out at that, I hung my head and covered my ears to block out the noise. Something took a lock of my hair and put it behind my ear. Needless to say, I did what any rational human being would. I freaked the hell out and ran out of the room. On my way to the top of the stairs, I felt like someone pushed me.

The stairs are set in an sharp angle. A portion you go up, turn right, and go up the next portion...Due to the push, I plumeted down the upper portion and slammed into the wall that you'd normally turn at to go downstiars. I was lightly bruised, but otherwise unhurt.

We moved in anyway, because it was a good deal, And yes...I'll admit, part of me was thrilled to actually be living in a haunted house...I mean, for a young couple, one of which (me) which enjoyed horror flicks and the like...It was a dream home.

Well needless to say, eventually things escelated. None of us could go upstairs alone without something happening, either doors slamming on their own, or opening on their own...people getting pushed down the stairs...sounds of footsteps...that tension was high. Me and my husband at the time split ways (for personal, un-haunted house related reasons,) But I've yet to find out if anything bad had ever happened there.

It's been several years since, and the thought of that house still sends shivers down my spine...

Edit: I'm a derp. I just found the address! 421 H st apt 1 Idaho Falls, ID...Also, evidently the house was built back in 1910. Finding any death records/etc online about it is prooving to be difficult (Or in most cases impossible...) But it's definintly a place to check out if it goes back on the market, for supernatural occurences.

Edited by Raayven