Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ken Johnston Counter-Attacks

JimOberg

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: 10-25-07-2 SOURCE: Enterprise Mission

CONTACT: Mike Bara of Enterprise Mission, +1-310-701-3152, mikebara@darkmission.net

NASA Cover-Ups Continue…

NASA Dismisses Former Apollo Photo and Data Manager from JPL Educational Program

Missing Apollo Data to be Shown at National Press Club Briefing Oct. 30

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory during NASA’s manned Apollo Lunar Program, was abruptly terminated Tuesday morning, October 23rd, from JPL’s prestigious “Solar System Ambassador” (SSA) Program. All evidence of Dr. Johnston’s exemplary 4-year participation in the NASA outreach effort to “communicate the importance of NASA aerospace programs to the public around the world” has been scrubbed from the official JPL SSA website, without formal notification of Dr. Johnston as to cause.

Johnston is a key participant in the upcoming October 30th, 2007 Enterprise Mission press briefing at the National Press Club in Washington, DC (Zenger Room, 9:00 AM). At that time, Johnston will reveal how NASA ordered him to destroy key Apollo lunar images and data more than 40 years ago, rather than allow them to be preserved for academic and public study. Johnston will testify how he disobeyed these NASA orders, secretly preserving the critical Apollo images—and the never-officially-published lunar discoveries recorded on them. According to AP, NASA is currently embroiled in a similar controversy with Congress because of the agency’s planned destruction of supporting data from a recent aviation safety study.

Johnston’s startling Apollo allegations have recently appeared in a new book, “Dark Mission: the Secret History of NASA,” co-authored by former NASA consultant and CBS Science Advisor, Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara, an aerospace engineering consultant. According to Kay Ferrari, JPL Director of the SSA Program (in a phone call to Johnston last week), it was Johnston “being quoted [as] criticizing NASA in Hoagland’s new book, ‘Dark Mission,’” that prompted her to ask for Johnston’s resignation from the SSA Program. When Johnston refused, citing First Amendment protections of free speech afforded all NASA employees, even those at JPL, Ferrari apparently decided to remove him arbitrarily from the SSA Program this week without cause.

JPL’s ultimate decision to fire Dr. Johnston was initiated, according to Ferrari’s phone call, “by an initial inquiry to JPL from James Oberg, of NBC News.” Oberg is a former NASA contractor and a colleague of Johnston’s at NASA’s Manned Spacecraft Center during the Apollo Program in the 1970’s. According to Ferrari, Oberg, in his e-mails, raised “serious issues regarding Johnston’s credentials” and his “crackpot accusations” against the agency. Oberg’s NASA contractor history begs ethical questions regarding his efforts to get Johnston terminated, based on Johnston’s testimony in “Dark Mission” and intention to present further “missing” Apollo images and data at the National Press Club.

Dr. Johnston will present documentation of his claims, credentials and key role at NASA October 30th.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcman

• JimOberg

• SkepticalEd

• psychicstuff

Top Posters In This Topic

CONTACT: Mike Bara of Enterprise Mission, +1-310-701-3152, mikebara@darkmission.net

NASA Cover-Ups Continue…

NASA Dismisses Former Apollo Photo and Data Manager from JPL Educational Program

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA’s Lunar Receiving Laboratory during NASA’s manned Apollo Lunar Program, was abruptly terminated Tuesday morning, October 23rd, from JPL’s prestigious “Solar System Ambassador” (SSA) Program. All evidence of Dr. Johnston’s exemplary 4-year participation in the NASA outreach effort to “communicate the importance of NASA aerospace programs to the public around the world” has been scrubbed from the official JPL SSA website, without formal notification of Dr. Johnston as to cause.

Johnston is a key participant in the upcoming October 30th, 2007 Enterprise Mission press briefing at the National Press Club in Washington, DC (Zenger Room, 9:00 AM). At that time, Johnston will reveal how NASA ordered him to destroy key Apollo lunar images and data more than 40 years ago, rather than allow them to be preserved for academic and public study. Johnston will testify how he disobeyed these NASA orders, secretly preserving the critical Apollo images—and the never-officially-published lunar discoveries recorded on them. According to AP, NASA is currently embroiled in a similar controversy with Congress because of the agency’s planned destruction of supporting data from a recent aviation safety study.

Johnston’s startling Apollo allegations have recently appeared in a new book, “Dark Mission: the Secret History of NASA,” co-authored by former NASA consultant and CBS Science Advisor, Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara, an aerospace engineering consultant. According to Kay Ferrari, JPL Director of the SSA Program (in a phone call to Johnston last week), it was Johnston “being quoted [as] criticizing NASA in Hoagland’s new book, ‘Dark Mission,’” that prompted her to ask for Johnston’s resignation from the SSA Program. When Johnston refused, citing First Amendment protections of free speech afforded all NASA employees, even those at JPL, Ferrari apparently decided to remove him arbitrarily from the SSA Program this week without cause.

JPL’s ultimate decision to fire Dr. Johnston was initiated, according to Ferrari’s phone call, “by an initial inquiry to JPL from James Oberg, of NBC News.” Oberg is a former NASA contractor and a colleague of Johnston’s at NASA’s Manned Spacecraft Center during the Apollo Program in the 1970’s. According to Ferrari, Oberg, in his e-mails, raised “serious issues regarding Johnston’s credentials” and his “crackpot accusations” against the agency. Oberg’s NASA contractor history begs ethical questions regarding his efforts to get Johnston terminated, based on Johnston’s testimony in “Dark Mission” and intention to present further “missing” Apollo images and data at the National Press Club.

Dr. Johnston will present documentation of his claims, credentials and key role at NASA October 30th.

Once again, coincidences are the thread of life! I just finished taking notes from the "DARK MISSION" website which I'm going to present on another thread. So while you were typing or copying the Press Release, I was also visiting the website.

Do you think that Ken has 30-year-old NASA photos of the Moon that show ACTUAL anomalies/structures? I've seen such photos in a Culver City UFO convention in the early 1980s. How much can Hoagland depend on those photos reproduced to a small-size book to show something definite unless he includes close-ups?

Have YOU ever seen NASA photos of the Moon whether taken by satellites or astronauts that show anomalies/structures?

Inquiring minds want to know.

NASA Cover-Ups Continue…

Jim, Bara's blog website says that: "Despite Johnston's adamant refusal to resign, Ferrari subsequently ordered the removal of Ken's profile from the JPL website. Fortunately, we preserved a copy of it here." When one clicks on "here," one is taken to Ken's former NASA website. Since the website is a reproduction, complete with NASA logos, etc., does NASA have the "power" to demand that Bara remove anything associated with NASA in the way of imagery?

Bara doesn't want you at the upcoming press briefing: "Indeed, NBC should consider recusing Oberg from any involvement in covering our upcoming press briefing in Washington DC." Are you going anyway? If you decide to go, do you think you'll be allowed inside or will you, like I was at a UFO lecture, be physically removed? Will you allow them to do such a thing? Can you say "Get your hands off me!" :no:

NASA Cover-Ups Continue…

Dr. Ken Johnston, former Manager of the Data and Photo Control Department at NASA's Lunar Receiving Laboratory during NASA's manned Apollo Lunar Program, was abruptly terminated Tuesday morning, October 23rd, from JPL's prestigious "Solar System Ambassador" (SSA) Program. All evidence of Dr. Johnston's exemplary 4-year participation in the NASA outreach effort to "communicate the importance of NASA aerospace programs to the public around the world" has been scrubbed from the official JPL SSA website, without formal notification of Dr. Johnston as to cause.

Johnston is a key participant in the upcoming October 30th, 2007 Enterprise Mission press briefing at the National Press Club in Washington, DC (Zenger Room, 9:00 AM). At that time, Johnston will reveal how NASA ordered him to destroy key Apollo lunar images and data more than 40 years ago, rather than allow them to be preserved for academic and public study. Johnston will testify how he disobeyed these NASA orders, secretly preserving the critical Apollo images—and the never-officially-published lunar discoveries recorded on them. According to AP, NASA is currently embroiled in a similar controversy with Congress because of the agency's planned destruction of supporting data from a recent aviation safety study.

Johnston's startling Apollo allegations have recently appeared in a new book, "Dark Mission: the Secret History of NASA," co-authored by former NASA consultant and CBS Science Advisor, Richard C. Hoagland and Mike Bara, an aerospace engineering consultant. According to Kay Ferrari, JPL Director of the SSA Program (in a phone call to Johnston last week), it was Johnston "being quoted [as] criticizing NASA in Hoagland's new book, 'Dark Mission,'" that prompted her to ask for Johnston's resignation from the SSA Program. When Johnston refused, citing First Amendment protections of free speech afforded all NASA employees, even those at JPL, Ferrari apparently decided to remove him arbitrarily from the SSA Program this week without cause.

JPL's ultimate decision to fire Dr. Johnston was initiated, according to Ferrari's phone call, "by an initial inquiry to JPL from James Oberg, of NBC News." Oberg is a former NASA contractor and a colleague of Johnston's at NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center during the Apollo Program in the 1970's. According to Ferrari, Oberg, in his e-mails, raised "serious issues regarding Johnston's credentials" and his "crackpot accusations" against the agency. Oberg's NASA contractor history begs ethical questions regarding his efforts to get Johnston terminated, based on Johnston's testimony in "Dark Mission" and intention to present further "missing" Apollo images and data at the National Press Club.

So, Another Clark McClelland type comes out of the closet huh? Can't wait to see those pics.

http://www.darkmission.net/dmframes.htm

Please expand on your meaning. :unsure2:

It's just a funny thought for me. As I read about the claims and then visit his myspace account.

He claims a PhD in "metaphysics". I asked JPL if he had provided any documentation for any of his list of claimed graduate degrees. When they asked him if he would do so, he resigned. Nobody 'fired' him. Nobody even asked him to resign, just clarify bio data that he had given NASA to post on NASA's website.

He claims a PhD in "metaphysics". I asked JPL if he had provided any documentation for any of his list of claimed graduate degrees. When they asked him if he would do so, he resigned. Nobody 'fired' him. Nobody even asked him to resign, just clarify bio data that he had given NASA to post on NASA's website.

To ask a stupid question: "what does he know (about NASA coverups) and when did he know it? Doesn't this open him up to possible prosecution of knowingly hiding and destroying some NASA documents, regardless of who at NASA told him to do it? And by having some of these said documents in his possesion, doesn't this open up accusations of theft if true? Sure it would be facsinating to learn about alien structures on the moon, but it seems he opens up himself to the inevitable by exposing it. But who at NASA would tell him to destroy documents?

He claims a PhD in "metaphysics".

Actually, he claimed the PhD was in "Meta Physics", as in "Nuclear Physics".

If he had a real degree, I would expect him to be able to SPELL it.

Can we view any of these photos?

James, what would you do if these images are real. It seems that some de-bunkers fear that the most, which is a shame. Even i need 100% proof that ufo's are ET, but thier is more than enough evidence that something strange is flying in our air space.

Actually, he claimed the PhD was in "Meta Physics", as in "Nuclear Physics".

If he had a real degree, I would expect him to be able to SPELL it.

What of the lunar photos he says he has, has anyone seen them yet?

What of the lunar photos he says he has, has anyone seen them yet?

Agreed ...............Where's the BEEF ?

well nothing will come out. If something that big is going on why not make lots of copies and send it to the newspapers. I mean not one but to more then 20. Normaly the money that would come out there would make them release it even if there is the MI5 or CIA behind . People always want to make money and ther will be a hole somehwer which will relase the original information. But instead the only one who makes money is the guy who releases his book.

For me all this is fake and oly a moneymaking machine

greetings from germany

I emailed this to Mike Bara today:

Re http://darkmission.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

I posted some responses on your blog, including replies to questions you asked me, but they haven't appeared. I presume you are snowed under and haven't been able to approve them.

For 'press conference news and notes' , I posted:

The first caption identifies Ken as "former director of photo archives of NASA".

Now, Mike, we all know that this isn't true.

So how, do you suppose, the Russian newsmen could have made that mistake?

Who helped them?

And now that you know the falseness of that coverage, are you still so proud of it?

Jim O

Russian-reading former military intelligence Captain (not)

For 'Quickie Press conference Update", I posted:

We humans are all subject to error, and my reference to asking 'Ken' in paragraph three was supposed to be a reference to asking Mike. So we all cut each other as much slack as humanly possible.

But since I never was an Air Force Captain in 'military intelligence' -- my duty AFSC was computer simulation code and analysis, with some tertiary duties supporting space operations (anti-reccesat alert messages) and also Russian translation for (yes!) some local technology assessment ops -- we are again treated to Mike's overeagerness to fantasize 'facts' that make him feel good. And I also have trouble spelling 'cyrillic' from time to time, so it's slack-cutting time, there, too.

The Russian text refers to comments Bara himself made, both on this blog and in press releases distributed at large. Those are in English, and are just as erroneous in English original as in the translated Russian form.

Fact. I did not ever urge anyone to alter in any way Ken's status in the Solar System Ambassador program. I have told Mike this. He has ignored my statements.

I was not a "colleague of Ken's" in Houston during the Apollo program -- in truth, I was never IN Houston during the Apollo program.

I did not refer to Ken's views as "crackpot" anythings -- the Russian text attributes that phrase to me based only on Bara's sloppy writing.

Mike wrote that I "knew full well [Ken's credentials] were valid," which is untrue. What I found out was that Ken worked in lunar sampling documentation, was a 'manager' of nobody but himself, and officially dealt only with photographs of the lunar samples themselves -- not scenary shots from orbit, or elsewhere.

Mike's throwing around words like 'integrity' and 'ethics' in his falsifying about me would be amusing, if it hadn't been so widely picked up, especially in Russia.

What I'm looking for is a statement in LA this weekend from the 'Enterprise Mission' -- Mike's word alone is no longer good enough -- that their defamatory allegations about my actions and views are unfounded, and will be removed from their websites.

It's time to get this nonsense remedied at minimal cost and agony -- but remedied, it will be.

I emailed this to Mike Bara today:

Re http://darkmission.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

I posted some responses on your blog, including replies to questions you asked me, but they haven't appeared. I presume you are snowed under and haven't been able to approve them.

For 'press conference news and notes' , I posted:

The first caption identifies Ken as "former director of photo archives of NASA".

Now, Mike, we all know that this isn't true.

So how, do you suppose, the Russian newsmen could have made that mistake?

Who helped them?

And now that you know the falseness of that coverage, are you still so proud of it?

Jim O

Russian-reading former military intelligence Captain (not)

For 'Quickie Press conference Update", I posted:

We humans are all subject to error, and my reference to asking 'Ken' in paragraph three was supposed to be a reference to asking Mike. So we all cut each other as much slack as humanly possible.

But since I never was an Air Force Captain in 'military intelligence' -- my duty AFSC was computer simulation code and analysis, with some tertiary duties supporting space operations (anti-reccesat alert messages) and also Russian translation for (yes!) some local technology assessment ops -- we are again treated to Mike's overeagerness to fantasize 'facts' that make him feel good. And I also have trouble spelling 'cyrillic' from time to time, so it's slack-cutting time, there, too.

The Russian text refers to comments Bara himself made, both on this blog and in press releases distributed at large. Those are in English, and are just as erroneous in English original as in the translated Russian form.

Fact. I did not ever urge anyone to alter in any way Ken's status in the Solar System Ambassador program. I have told Mike this. He has ignored my statements.

I was not a "colleague of Ken's" in Houston during the Apollo program -- in truth, I was never IN Houston during the Apollo program.

I did not refer to Ken's views as "crackpot" anythings -- the Russian text attributes that phrase to me based only on Bara's sloppy writing.

Mike wrote that I "knew full well [Ken's credentials] were valid," which is untrue. What I found out was that Ken worked in lunar sampling documentation, was a 'manager' of nobody but himself, and officially dealt only with photographs of the lunar samples themselves -- not scenary shots from orbit, or elsewhere.

Mike's throwing around words like 'integrity' and 'ethics' in his falsifying about me would be amusing, if it hadn't been so widely picked up, especially in Russia.

What I'm looking for is a statement in LA this weekend from the 'Enterprise Mission' -- Mike's word alone is no longer good enough -- that their defamatory allegations about my actions and views are unfounded, and will be removed from their websites.

It's time to get this nonsense remedied at minimal cost and agony -- but remedied, it will be.

Sometimes words are crossed, misinterpreted or taken out of context, which means he may not be responsible for what the Russians interpreted and published in their newspapers, try writing Pravda to clear it up. It seems to me that this is somewhat the pot calling the kettle black Jim, haven't you made statements, in the past, that could be considered defamatory and even slanderous against individuals...I could dredge up a few if you wish. You both are on opposing teams are are playing for field position, which is public opinion. Nobody wants to lose this game...hmmmm I can't wait to see the mud slinging over this one. And just how do you plan on remedying this? And have you seen the lunar pictures Dr. Johnston is talking about?

I'm thinking that this is more bun then beef and we will never see the so called pic's. Makes one think though.

I'm thinking that this is more bun then beef and we will never see the so called pic's. Makes one think though.

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

Sometimes words are crossed, misinterpreted or taken out of context, which means he may not be responsible for what the Russians interpreted and published in their newspapers, try writing Pravda to clear it up. It seems to me that this is somewhat the pot calling the kettle black Jim, haven't you made statements, in the past, that could be considered defamatory and even slanderous against individuals...I could dredge up a few if you wish. You both are on opposing teams are are playing for field position, which is public opinion. Nobody wants to lose this game...hmmmm I can't wait to see the mud slinging over this one. And just how do you plan on remedying this? And have you seen the lunar pictures Dr. Johnston is talking about?

So you're writing a blank check for anybody to lie about me.

Must make 'enforcing standards' really, really easy for you.

Some de-bunkers and believers are more interested in the "im right and you are wrong" and "my brain is bigger than yours" Its a shame because im interested in ufos, and so should these people, but they are not at the end of the day, and these are the people that bring this subject down :(. I know there is alot of crap out there, but there is also alot of good solid cases. So, we have some believers that will believe anything, and we have some de-bunkers that rufuse believe that some ufos are unknown and need further investigation. Instead they come up with the most stupid explanations, that, to be honest, is a complete insult to the person, or persons involved in the case.

So you're writing a blank check for anybody to lie about me.

Must make 'enforcing standards' really, really easy for you.

Absolutely NOT! As a researcher, I am only interested in the truth of the matter. Most of what is posted about UFOs I think is fantasy, but there is the genuine article as well. I think it is a bloody shame that whether you are a believer or skeptic, that anyone would stoop to such B/S to get their point across; it angers me and it does not do ufology any credit at all to do that, regardless of what side of the fence you are on. Jim, you have been borderline sometimes yourself on this issue, and now you complain about it when someone is doing it to you. NO blank checks here. You have made your point, and I accept that; as I'm sure everyone else does too.

"You both are on opposing teams are are playing for field position, which is public opinion." I don't agree with that comment. Bara (and Hoagland) definitely are playing for field position with their b.s.-laden press conferences and other public events. Jim is talking to us, forumers. I could be wrong and only Jim can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that Jim has let anyone connected with the press know about his findings, opinions, and communications about Ken Johnston. Go to Bara's blog and see the amount of crap he fills the space with. Ditto with Hoagland. If either of these 2 could match wits with Jim they'd be smarter individuals and would never have gotten involved with the crap they're involved with.