Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horowitz Speech Shut Down at Emory

libertyworld

Yeah. But the problem with that is that even totalitarian regimes will tell you that the lack of freedom of speech is for the people's own good and that they allow you to say anything the state agrees with. So what makes a state with "freedom of speech" different?

So does deciding whether a country has freedom of speech just depend on what it is that the governments don't want you to say?

I think it's a sliding scale, rather than an absolute presence or absence. Some countries heavily restrict freedom of speech (China, North Korea, Iran etc), others allow considerably more lattitude.

Meow Purr.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• libertyworld

• Bob26003

• Bill Hill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care where the racist speaks. But I know that if he came to my college spreading his hate and racism, I would boo him and throw a rotten tomato at him.

That racist assshat doesn't belong anywhere near an academic institution.

And BTW, there is a reason there are more Liberals in the educated fields. Figure it out.

Because they've managed to shut down speech they do not agree with under the threat and use of force? Yes, using physical violence (such throwing an object at someone to cause them physical or mental harm) is forcing down speech.

It shows what little faith you have in the intelligence of the American people. For their own good, you believe you have to violently shut down any speech you do not agree with, because the people are too stupid to make those decisions and think on their own.

You expose yourself as an intellectual brownshirt, and an enemy of free-speech.

This is an isolated incident at a private instution...your talking about a country that gives a platform to anyone..ever been to a KKK rally?...you right wing extremists, know that racism is coveted in our fair land by you and your ilk...because one bigot gets stopped your offended?...

Fascinating in a sadly pitiful yet disturbing kind of way to witness the hypocricy and psychosis of the left, isn't it?

BrucePrime you nail it. Billy you rock. Ships honorable mention here.

Unlimited a real embarassment.

And unfortunately (insOmniac), this is not at all an isolated case, and once again, many present at this latest incident were not even "students".

Used to be, this would not have been so closely associated with "liberals". Increasingly, it is. And it's their own fault for cowering before the dictum of selective non-judgmentalism in the face of the radical left.

Bob...

You have never read a Horowitz book in your life and you do not come within light years of understanding freedom or free speech and intellectual diversity, education and debate, much less Mr. Horowitz.

Among the top few here so thoroughly validating all I've been saying about the left...

Can't win in the world of reason and adult ideas so they resort to... the force... of the fascist thug.

Can't co-exist with actual diversity so they retreat to the refuge of intolerance, the very essence of bigotry.

Can't find the humility to grow so they just keep knifing away at the legs of those trying to save their sorry hides.

"Can't create so they just destroy. C'mon, let's (attack the defenceless)" (Adapted from a Dead Kennedy's song, no less).

Wild applause for Ackmudanutjob, violent attacks for those trying to save the world from him and his kind.

Whimpering as they scurry with the usual epithets that have become their staple toys and hallmarks.

Textbook cases of psychological projection, malignant narcissism with suicidal tendencies and acute infantilism.

True hatred, fear and ignorance personified. This is how you represent the left. This is the world they are working for.

-And no topic or news I have seen posted here yet so perfectly illustrates this.

Thank-you.

God bless us all.

Edited by libertyworld

Wild applause for Ackmudanutjob, violent attacks for those trying to save the world from him and his kind.

Whimpering as they scurry the usual epithets that have become their staple toys and hallmarks.

Textbook cases of psychological projection, malignant narcissism with suicidal tendencies and acute infantilism.

True hatred, fear and ignorance personified. This is how you represent the left. This is the world they are working for.

-And no topic or news I have seen posted here yet so perfectly illustrates this.

Thank-you.

God bless us all.

your way out there if thats what you think of the left...you know nothing but what your mom tells you..or rush..

Unlimited a real embarassment.

God bless us all.

your an extreme extremist..lol...you and your ilk are saving us from ahmidinjad?...c'mon come clean we all know the hype for the Iran war is to push up oil futures; and get everyone used to 5 dollar a gallon gas.. so the oil companys can reap...it's just more of the corporate globalist oligarchy...ahmidinjad is a fly on the wall not the anti-christ as you paint him too be..

post-28981-1193666316_thumb.jpg

your way out there if thats what you think of the left...you know nothing but what your mom tells you..or rush..

This is an isolated incident at a private instution...your talking about a country that gives a platform to anyone..ever been to a KKK rally?...you right wing extremists, know that racism is coveted in our fair land by you and your ilk...because one bigot gets stopped your offended?...

And you have the unmitigated audacity to tell me I know nothing...

I am not offended.

I am defending freedom by calling the left on it's ugly hatred and hypocrisy.

your an extreme extremist..lol...you and your ilk are saving us from ahmidinjad?...c'mon come clean we all know the hype for the Iran war is to push up oil futures; and get everyone used to 5 dollar a gallon gas.. so the oil companys can reap...it's just more of the corporate globalist oligarchy...ahmidinjad is a fly on the wall not the anti-christ as you paint him too be..

It's spelled you're...

I am defending freedom by calling the left on it's ugly hatred and hypocrisy.

selectively as it might be....your harping on an isolated incident were i could name situations were freedom has been squashed bye the neo-cons...NSA wiretapping for one...you and your ilk have challenged the constitution one too many times to call the kettle black..

selectively as it might be....your harping on an isolated incident were i could name situations were freedom has been squashed bye the neo-cons...NSA wiretapping for one...you and your ilk have challenged the constitution one too many times to call the kettle black..

It's spelled where, and you haven't named one.

It's spelled where, and you haven't named one.

your only rebuttal is to correct my spelling?...your moms calling..

You are just defending a racist. It's cool, I understand.

I am defending the right of an American to speak, to exercise his freedom-of-speech, without fear of reprisal. I am the one defending Freedom of Speech, you are not. I have faith in the American people to hear all sides and decide what is right; you however, in your supreme arrogance, believe that you should be the deciding factor in what people should believe, and seek to shut down anyone who you do not agree with. You are defending fascism.

Funny, you claim to be anti-war, but you seem to be a very violent individual when it comes to Americans who you disagree with.

Tell us, would you have protested Ahmedinejad at Columbia University, attacking him with physical violence as you claim you would with Horowitz?

If you mean educational fields, (esp things like political science etc) then perhaps it's because they couldn't hold down a job in the "real" world ? :P

I doubt that there are "more leftists" in the education fields, rather just that the leftists are the most vocal. It leads to a perception bias.

I dont agree stopping anyone from speaking is right..but it's the descision of a private forum...dont taze me bro'

I dont agree stopping anyone from speaking is right..but it's the descision of a private forum...dont taze me bro'

Funny, the left will throw a fit about someone using histronics to get attention and orchestrate himself being tazed; but if they don't agree with what's being said, they think it's okay to shout down someone trying to speak and engage in physical violence against them.

Funny, the left will throw a fit about someone using histronics to get attention and orchestrate himself being tazed; but if they don't agree with what's being said, they think it's okay to shout down someone trying to speak and engage in physical violence against them.

as long as he wasnt mentioning skull and bones he should have been fine...