Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A hairy entity

Astral Traveler

Mining? as in searching for gold in the mines? :blink:

That's very uh...odd.

Do these things have a name?

Basically, yes. I remember these things from an old book on superstitions here in the US, that my Mom had. I'm sure she still has it, but what with Halloween and the young 'uns and suchlike, I have forgotten to look at it. I'll try to remember when I am over to her house. If I remember right, they were more like things seen in the deep coal mines of Pennsylvania and West Virginia-and they started out over in Wales or Cornwall-somewhere like that.

I am not sure about that. An Incubus can get into bed with a woman, and sexually assault her, and Succubus chooses men, and they are Demonic. However, in her account of this, Mom and daughter seeing the same thing is not uncommon with SP, as it can be hereditary. If they had a Demonic in that home, they would surely know it in a heartbeat, but nightmares during SP are not a symptom of a Demonic haunting. This seems to be a classic case of SP, in my opinion. JN

Have you noticed there is no gay category?

LOL because they have no gender "In my humble personal debatable opinion." :P

well it's true that male rapers are succubuses and female rapers are incubuses. Is it just a matter of preference then? lol. I've heard some pretty graphic descriptions of an incubus once.

Mining? as in searching for gold in the mines? :blink:

That's very uh...odd.

Do these things have a name?

I was thinking more of coal mining in Wales. Though mining has it's own set of legends and spectres, especially the tin mines in Cornwall, I shall have dig deep and search out some tales to post on a new thread.

Getting back on topic here - there have been many reports by people who believe they are attacked by hairy creatures whilst astrally travelling.

Having never done this - or met anyone who can, I can't say whether this is just a figment of your imagination.

However - if this thing is being seen by family members, then it sounds kinda creepy.

I've already mentioned - several times in fact - a book by Nick Redfern, that investigates sightings of two-dimentional hairy beings - that is, they look solid but then disappear.

I had several Sleep Paralysis episodes many years ago and they were terrifying. So real - I could smell the stench of this disgusting creature as it lurked by my bed - but I know it's just a mental thing and can easily be explained away.

Incubi & Succubi are not real - just an old fashioned way of explaining these night terrors.

Hello everyone, i have been reading a lot of topics on this forum and am intrigued by all of your posts (except the blatant skeptics). Everyone has told good stories like JustNormal, EnJay, Jackal etc. But i feel like posting about Astral Travelers recent story. I dont believe she was experiencing sleep paralysis, and i think its somewhat rude to write off her experience like that. I have had sleep paralysis many times, and i have never imagined any sort of demon around me, much less someone experiencing the same thing. How is it sleep paralysis when she clearly described seeing a little bit of this entity? I understand logic and i also understand people have wild imaginations at times. But for someone to just write off her experience like that is pretty rude, especially considering some of you have been through worse. I think its pretty believable. I seriously doubt it was sleep paralysis, because when i had it, i couldn't feel anything touching me and i sure couldn't see anything around me. You guys seem to talk about respect a lot, so how about you give some too.

And to the poster above me, dancin' hamster. How exactly do you know it was sleep paralysis? A lot of people say you shouldn't automatically assume something is paranormal, but it works the other way around too. You shouldn't always assume something can be explained away. Of course i didn't experience what you did, so maybe you can explain it. But theres a lot of people out there who will want to come up with something logical so bad that they themselves start sounding crazy.

Edited by JudgementEden

There are many reports of people seeing beings and feeling something holding them down in sleep paralysis, it is more common than not. In fact, Almost all the reports I have heard have this in common. How rude of you to assume we are rude, when we are just trying to help this person not be so scard, and I don't see anyone being disrespectful when telling her what they think. I think that it could be sleep paralysis, but with more than one person seeing it, it seems more likely she brought something bad back with her from her obe trips. I would rethink doing any more.

• 10 years later...

Next time it  happens to any of you, just stick out your tongue to release yourself. Stay calm and don't panic. After that, say the Lord's prayer or say Lord Jesus deliver me from evil. 

1 hour ago, Suilenga said:

Next time it  happens to any of you, just stick out your tongue to release yourself. Stay calm and don't panic. After that, say the Lord's prayer or say Lord Jesus deliver me from evil. 

But...but what do you do if you’re Jewish or Buddhist or any other religion? 

11 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

But...but what do you do if you’re Jewish or Buddhist or any other religion? 

It doesn't matter what religion you are, or even if you're into the psychological aspect of it.

Everybody's got something that works.

Affecting the psyche affects these types of experiences. 

I usually tell people that they can use something from their own belief system, or in the absence of that, they can find the LBRP on youtube. 

One can almost taste the mildew and dust in the posts ...

~

Just now, third_eye said:

One can almost taste the mildew and dust in the posts ...

~

Thread necromancy is not a victimless crime.:lol:

• Haha 1

Chewbaccas grandmother?

Edited by Avalanche