Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 10 anti-U.S. nations

Lord Umbarger

June 2007 Pew Global Attitudes Project

11-2-7

Percentage surveyed with an unfavorable view of the US

1. Turkey ­ 83 %

2. Pakistan ­ 68 %

3. Morocco ­ 56 %

4. Argentina ­ 72 %

5. Jordan ­ 78 %

6. Egypt ­ 78 %

7. Malaysia ­ 69 %

8. Indonesia ­ 66 %

9. Germany ­ 66 %

10. Spain ­ 60 %

June 2007 Pew Global Attitudes Project (Pewglobal.org)

Come, feel the hate here...

Kind of odd that Iraq and Iran are not mentioned, Huh? Where is China?I would have thought that Cuba might have been onthe list too. I'm not going to highlight the muslim nations here because, in a couple of them, there is merely a high percentage of muslims. Nonetheless, are you surprised that they don't like us? Let's concider some possible reasons for a few of the other nations ire.

Argentina: The U.S. stayed out of the conflict over the Falklins. They may have viewed the U.S. as refusing to assist in a fight against a colonialist empire. I disagree with that but, I can se where they could get that impression.

Germany: U.S. was involved in kicking their collective asses, not once but, TWICE! Also, throughout the Cold War, Deutcheland was divied up between the East, run by the U.S.S.R. and the West were dessent was tollerated. In essence, they are used to whining about the U.S.

Spain: Many still hold the U.S. responcible for their involvement in the Terror War, which led to the Al Qaeda bombings a couple of years ago. O.K., I dissagree with that but, I could see how someone of good conscience could hold that opinion. Also, in 1898, we kicked their asses and took their Empire away from them.

Sorry, it was so short that I just went ahead and cut and pasted the whole thing. I really couldn't see any place to crop it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borat

• Space Commander Travis

• Lord Umbarger

• Ins0mniac

June 2007 Pew Global Attitudes Project

11-2-7

Also, in 1898, we kicked their asses and took their Empire away from them.

Congratulations: you win..... Cuba and Puerto Rico!!! Although actually you dont.

1. Turkey 83 %

I support Kurdish independence, and its disgusting the corrupt Turkish are ignoring the Armenian genocide, a holocaust that actually DID happen.

2. Pakistan 68 %

Wanna-be Arabs.

3. Morocco 56 %

NO surprise, but they have been angry at everyone ever since the Moors conquered them.

6. Egypt 78 %

How disappointing rofl.

7. Malaysia 69 %

8. Indonesia 66 %

Irrelevant countries

9. Germany 66 %

Weird nation that has a post-admiration for Nazism (see NDP) and basic human rights issues.

10. Spain 60 %

One of the most racist European countries.

lol :lol: Mars...

lol :lol: Mars...

I am going to have to lol at Mars rather than with him. Some sorry statements in that post, I just hope its tongue in cheek but I fear not.

crap, should have issued a *Do Not Drink While Reading This Post* warning Mars... hate it when stuff comes out my nose when I laugh

Don't take my post seriously, I didnt even make fun of those nations too much.

Edited by Mars

I support Kurdish independence, and its disgusting the corrupt Turkish are ignoring the Armenian genocide, a holocaust that actually DID happen.

SPAIN

One of the most racist European countries.

Care to elucidate on that?

Care to elucidate on that?

There was a poll I saw on the BBC that recorded Spanish racism towards immigrants.

this must have been a young aged poll?

was it done online? a more real poll

would have japan on it near the top

the kids like america but the parents

hate US which is understandable A

Huh? Where is China?

Why would china hate the US? The US is making them the richest country in the world.

Turkey being no.1 is suprising though, seeing how much the two countries have in common.

Huh? Where is China?

China are far to communist to even THINK about caring about infidels Western nations.

Edit:

CoF beat me to it... :angry:

Turkey being no.1 is suprising though, seeing how much the two countries have in common.

Rather hypocritical of them too. Didn't they just ask the US to help them beat some radicals that they're to hard-pressed to defeat on their own?

Edited by Chokmah

• 3 weeks later...

Indonesia and Malaysia is on the list? There's something's just wrong here! I mean, look at our Indonesian TV, lingo, and pop culture, it is so darn clear that all are American style wannabes! Weird! I even do bboying and a huge hiphop lover! <-isn't this reminds you of Ilija from SleeperCell?

Would you guess that most are muslim countries!

That's something to be proud about?

I would have thought that Cuba might have been onthe list too.

Contrary to what the government tells it's citizens, the Cubans don't want every American dead.

China are far to communist to even THINK about caring about infidels Western nations.

Edit:

CoF beat me to it... :angry:

Rather hypocritical of them too. Didn't they just ask the US to help them beat some radicals that they're to hard-pressed to defeat on their own?

Hypocritical??? All Turkey wanted is to punish kurdish terrorists in the same way US went to Iraq. So you are right. There is Hypocracy involved, but not on the Turkish side.

It's interesting to see my country around 4th place (Argentina)

I actually don't see why Argentinians would hate Americans so much, but maybe here are a few reasons:

_The newspaper is very unbiased when it comes to what's going on with the U.S foreign policy and current administration

_The U.S. is somewhat responsible for bringing Pinochet to power in Chile. Pinochet turned Chile's back on Argentina and aided the U.K during the Falkland war. U.S. didn't do anything about this situation and is a U.K ally

_S. America has quite an anti-american view

mmm

_Maradona hates Bush :P Must be it hahaha

I can only say: shocking, three of the most pro-American nations in the 1990s are leading the anti-American sentiment. Begs the question about the quality of American diplomacy.

I can only say: shocking, three of the most pro-American nations in the 1990s are leading the anti-American sentiment. Begs the question about the quality of American diplomacy.

He he - or begs the question about the quality of the poll :P

Meow Purr.

He he - or begs the question about the quality of the poll :P

Meow Purr.

Ehm...., yes, but I still live in those days when bull was produced by the tabloids.... maybe need to learn too...

Its quite an extensive poll

The Pew Global Attitudes Project is a series of worldwide public opinion surveys that encompasses a broad array of subjects ranging from people's assessments of their own lives to their views about the current state of the world and important issues of the day. More than 150,000 interviews in 54 countries etc etc ...

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=256

Its quite an extensive poll

The Pew Global Attitudes Project is a series of worldwide public opinion surveys that encompasses a broad array of subjects ranging from people's assessments of their own lives to their views about the current state of the world and important issues of the day. More than 150,000 interviews in 54 countries etc etc ...

http://pewglobal.org/reports/display.php?ReportID=256

I think Cat is alluding more to the methodology than the magnitude....

Why Does Turkey hate America ?

With Turkish troops poised to invade the Kurdish sector of Iraq over Washington's protests, it seems helpful to understand why Turks hate America more than any other people in the world. This is surprising given the 60-year history of military alliance, a thriving Turkish economy and functioning democratic institutions.

In June 2007, the Pew Research Center polled citizens of 47 countries on their attitude toward the US. Turkey turned up at rock bottom, with 83% of respondents holding an unfavorable view of the United States

A national tantrum against the United States is in full flourish, expressed in popular culture through such things as the rabidly anti-American film Valley of the Wolves. Wildly successful, and hailed by most of Turkey's leading politicians, the film shows American soldiers shooting Iraqi civilians in order to harvest their organs for sale to Jewish doctors. From the American way of looking at things, the Turks seem to have gone barking mad.

There are many obvious reasons for Turkish discomfort about America, but the intensity of Turkish hatred had me puzzled - until I read a two-year-old paper by Omar Taspinar, the resident Turkey expert at the Brookings Institution. [2] The culprit, he argued convincingly, is Washington's misguided promotion of Turkey as a model of "moderate Islam". The abominable stupidity of American policy towards the region - I would use stronger words if I could find them - is in large measure responsible for the looming catastrophe.

Professor Taspinar, who also teaches at the National War College, is one of America's best-known experts on his native country, and I am chagrined to have overlooked his analysis until now. He places most of the blame on Washington's portrayal of Turkey as a paragon of the "moderate Islam" it wants to sell to the rest of the Muslim world.

<a href="http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ23Ak01.html" target="_blank">http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/IJ23Ak01.html</a>

Edited by Borat

I find belly aching over countries that don't like us laughable. Could it be our policy has at one time or another screwed over one or more of these countries ? That our lack of respect in such matters doesn't deserve one to be liked ? that over the years we have pitted one against another , backed dictators ( like Saddam and Iran as well both ) Used them for resources and somehow have the misbegotton idea we have a right too.

Illegally invaded a country -------- belly ache about Iran ( saying they don't need nuclear power because of all the oil they have YET forget it is us that gave them the tech in the first place ?)

this is only the tip of a policy iceberg - and now you wonder why people don't like us ????????? lol

funny funny and well laughable. no go boo hoo how they don't like us and it's not our fault........ aka lie to yourself.