Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top 10 anti-U.S. nations

Lord Umbarger

Wonder why we are hated?

http://www.intellnet.org/resources/america...rror2.html#List

Chronology of

American State Terrorism

U.S. State Department Policy Planning Study #23, 1948:

"Our real task in the coming period is to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity [u.S. military-economic supremacy].... To do so, we will have to dispense with all sentimentality and day-dreaming.... We should cease to talk about vague and...unreal objectives such as human rights, the raising of the living standards, and democratization. The day is not far off when we are going to have to deal in straight power concepts. The less we are then hampered by idealistic slogans, the better."

— George Kennan

Director of Policy Planning

U.S. State Department

http://www.intellnet.org/resources/america...rror2.html#List

Edited by Bob26003

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borat

• Space Commander Travis

• Lord Umbarger

• Belle.

Countries that hate Canada..........

...............Quebec?

No wait, they aren't a country. Yet anyways.

Now I hates you too! :gun:

(forget that I am from Australia - the country that would idiotically follow you into any skirmish, fortunately that ends tomorrow *rubs hands in glee*)

the country that would idiotically follow you into any skirmish, fortunately that ends tomorrow
It's easy to let the U.S. do all the heavy lifting and then point fingers at steroid use. If only the world would kill the bad guys, the U.S. could go home and stop medeling in the worlds affairs.

It's easy to let the U.S. do all the heavy lifting and then point fingers at steroid use. If only the world would kill the bad guys, the U.S. could go home and stop medeling in the worlds affairs.

The U.S isn't into 'killing the bad guys'. This is evident from all the bad guys it does not kill (in fact allies with in some cases). The U.S is in it for itself just like every other country on this planet. If they happen to kill bad people along the way, it's just an added bonus.

The U.S isn't into 'killing the bad guys'. This is evident from all the bad guys it does not kill (in fact allies with in some cases). The U.S is in it for itself just like every other country on this planet. If they happen to kill bad people along the way, it's just an added bonus.

exactly == and it's us of late trying/forcing to make the world in our image. of course people are mad.

I do agree with you to an extent. If Australia got attacked I'm sure a large part of the population would expect America to come to the rescue. Can't have it both ways people.

^Well I think the ANZUS treaty pretty much ensures they would come to our aid. It will be interesting to see what happens to the US-Australia alliance if Rudd gets elected, he is very much in favour of keeping them as our most important ally, however he will have troops out of Iraq within 6 months of getting elected and is very focused on improving and increasing relations with China and nations within the South-East Asian region.

I don't think America would come to our aid in the way people would imagine. More like in the way we helped in Iraq, lots of sentiment but not many troops.

Yes it will be very interesting to see what Rudd does - especially considering how deftly he speaks Mandarin. I always giggle when he pulls out that trick!

Argentina and the USA....i would not call it "hate". In fact, a lot of people in the country see the USA has a good example, as a whole country. Most of the people what despise its the USA goverment.

Has nitro said, nespapers here tend to be more unbiased that media like CNN and FOX, and people is better informed of what happened in the world. That, plus the general intervention of the USA in the internal affairs of South and central America countries along this century have left the people very suspicious of the USA goverment.

Sadly, we have has good amount of the tipical jerks that were happy when the USa suffer, for example, in the 9/11 and the Katrina incident.

I don't think America would come to our aid in the way people would imagine. More like in the way we helped in Iraq, lots of sentiment but not many troops.

That would depend on the circumstances.

I'm still feeling there's just something wrong about the poll. I dunno, why is my country there?! Well, we do have several problems with the US, and of course, our home-grown terrorists hate US, heck, they even hate all white people for no clear reasons because of those stupid radical Islam movements, darn, even WE hate them terrorists too!

Um, I remember that our National Army once being criticized by the US Army for not purchasing American firearms and warfare machines, instead, we bought it from the Russian! The reason is actually very understandable, US armaments are expensive and our country simply can't afford it :) .

Thats what happened to Pakistan too. They went to the US to buy ships and got offered decrepid old wrecks for top dollar prices , then went to China and got latest tech on the market for cheap. THey didn't buy from the US needless to say.

A good question, would be why so many Americans are so surprised that so many nations do not like them . Is it the psychology of denial , is it just media propaganda? Is it maybe your history lessons in school only teach the events that are deemed suitable for political expediance . Maybe , like the british during their empire , US citizens feel somewhat superior to the rest of humanity . I wonder sometimes why.

I do agree with you to an extent. If Australia got attacked I'm sure a large part of the population would expect America to come to the rescue. Can't have it both ways people.

Yeah, but to protect their interests, not to "kill the bad guys" or help the world. Australia is pretty much U.S's south east Asian outpost. With China on the rise, U.S hegemony in the Asian region is seen as very important. They have a military base here to protect (Pine Gap).

And of course there would also be some pressure from the American public to do something. Well hopefully anyway. And politicians like to make people happy to get re-elected. Although that would be a much smaller incentive. International relations isn't influenced as much by public opinion as domestic issues. It's seen as too vital for a nation's interests and too complex for the average person to really know what's going on.

^Well I think the ANZUS treaty pretty much ensures they would come to our aid.

Not really. That's a commonly held misconception. All the ANZUS treaty says is that the U.S promises to consult with Australia if we are attacked it's certainly no guarantee of U.S support (even if we DO support their every blunder (Vietnam, Iraq etc) with our own troops). But like I said, they would probably help us as it would be in their own interest as well.

International relations is all about a country's personal interests. Even alliances are. It's never about being nice or nasty like some people seem to think. Hell, the only reason we help THEM all the time is because we want a powerful ally due our small to middle power status.

Edited by Ins0mniac

The question you must ask, is how much oil do you have . If you have little, consulting is all you'll get .

Your new man Rudd is pro-chinese , he knows where Australia's economic ties lie . The old system is dying , it is natural . The days of anglo saxon rule are at their twilight hour , the fat lady draws her breath for the last serenade .

Edited by Borat

They hate us, I am not surprised, but if you travel it is a handy list. Don't want to go some place we're not wanted. I really don't like my government either, not since Bush got in anyway.

Edited by Darkwind

I try not to associate myself with anyone, American or otherwise, that hate people either for the color of there skin, their religion or nationality so I guess that list could safely be avoided also.

It is not just Bush thou . He is just the last roll of an ever expansive snowball of corrupt US governments perpetrating an illegal and murderous foreign policy agenda for the last 60 years .

Among many, MANY other governments which people are too shortsided to see...including their own.

Edited by Michelle

however he will have troops out of Iraq within 6 months of getting elected
BOY! I guess it's a good thing that the U.S. didn't have the same policy towards Aussies in 1941, huh! Damn good thing Australias allies didn't abandon her when she was in a tight spot! Wouldn't it have sucked in the U.S. would have said "Run away from Japanese before the end of 1943, win or not, we will run away". Wouldn't have made too many friends in Oz, huh? Oh-well, havd we not stuck it out with our allies back then, Oz would be speaking Japanese and we can't understand that tongue anyhow so, we would've never known if you were happy with our hippy attittude or not.

BOY! I guess it's a good thing that the U.S. didn't have the same policy towards Aussies in 1941, huh! Damn good thing Australias allies didn't abandon her when she was in a tight spot! Wouldn't it have sucked in the U.S. would have said "Run away from Japanese before the end of 1943, win or not, we will run away". Wouldn't have made too many friends in Oz, huh? Oh-well, havd we not stuck it out with our allies back then, Oz would be speaking Japanese and we can't understand that tongue anyhow so, we would've never known if you were happy with our hippy attittude or not.

I'd be fascinated if someone could explain please what possible connection there might be between the two? Was Australia under threat from Iraq? Very few places were.

You can in no way compare WWII and the Iraq conflict. Firstly Japan had no intention of invading Australia, their main objective in relation to Australia was simply to cut us off and deprive the US of our ports. We have consistently supported the US in every single minor and major conflict since WWII and we steadfastly supported the US when they pushed for UN backed military action against Iraq under the impression Saddam had W.M.D. This has turned out to be untrue and as such we have the right to no longer support the campaign in Iraq. However our current administartion is willing to keep troops in Iraq until the vey end, it is only the opposition party who will pull troops out of Iraq, but will continue to support the Afghanistan campaign. It has also Indicated it will increase our committment in Afghanistan once our troops have been pulled out of Iraq. Your statement is flawed is so many ways, we have been one of America's greatest and most loyal supporter and ally in the 20th and 21st centuries, however we are under no obligation to do what the US wants us to do, we are a soverign nation not a colony or territory of the US.

I personally support keeping our troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan as we have been there from the very beginning and as such I feel it is our responsibility to see it through until the end.

Edited by AztecInca