Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Mysterious Locations Have You Visited?

Ghostdancer

What locations associated with mystery have you visited?

I went to Loch Ness during a trip I took to the UK with relatives in 1987 and have hiked into the Superstition Mountains - home of the Lost Dutchman's legend which are about 100 miles north of here.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shirini

• Ghostdancer

• wunarmdscissor

• KayEl

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Kaiserthermen and the Roman Amphitheater in Trier, Germany. They are supposed to be haunted. My dog accompanied me into the underground portions, and became very agitated for no apparent reason on a few occasions. The security guard spoke english, so we were able to ask him about the baths recent history, and he told us a few ghost stories.

Also, Metz in Southeastern France. It was purported to be the home of a dragon like creature called the Graully. It was exorsized by a saint, and never returned, but I can not remember the whole story off hand.

I lived in Baumholder Germany for a few years. There were several other castles around the small town that I lived in that were said to be haunted, as well as the military barracks from WWII, which had served as Hitlers intelligence base. The officers Club on base,"The Rheinlander", was a hotspot for sightings and strange happenings.

Stone Hendge, The Tower of London, and some haunted Castle in London as well..

Beth Ro

A couple of years ago, I visited Spangler Spring in Gettysburg, PA. I dont know if it is all that famous, but it was supposed to be haunted, but we saw nothing. sad.gif

Iran;

Turquoise geode, it’s boat ride, you lay down in a boat and you travel thru the cave. It was so beautiful.

Temple of Anahita; Anahita is the goddess of heavenly water (Rain). Her is one the last Zoroastrian temple still standing in Southern Iran, all other temple were demolished because they contradict Islam. ), her statute is no longer there, I think it’s in London, and her alter has been defaced, However the grounds keeper, a Zoroastrian, showed us what no had seen in almost 4 years, he cut a pieces of grass and reveal the turquoise inlayed floor of the garden.

Also one of the caves the Zoroastians lived in while the Islam was converting in Iran. If you didn't convert, they would behead you. My dad says about 3% of the Zoroastrian pop lived in caves for over 30 yrs, no one even knew that they were still any zoroastrians left in Iran, most fled to India

Japan, a very old Shinto temple, i don’t where.

shrini

The places in Iran you visited sound amazing. Must have been a while ago right because now they have a government guide on every tour, sounds cool neway.

Loch Ness is a great place to go especially in the winter when its really misty thumbsup.gif

I have visited the Brown Mountain Lights in the Mountains of Western North Carolina

Brown Mtn Lights Link

I have been to the Devil's Tramping Ground in Eastern North Carolina (Chatham County)

Devils' Tramping Ground Link

I have visited the Hoofprints at Bath in Bath North Carolina (which is also in Eastern North Carolina).

Bath Hoofprints Link

and I have visited Spook Hill in Lake Wales Florida

Spook Hill Link

It was in 1981, i was 3. I think it was my father's way of making sure i would always remember where i came from.

My husband and i a taking a tour of Europe this summer, so please list more places i can add to our list of must see's. thumbsup.gif

Stone Hendge, The Tower of London, and some haunted Castle in London as well..

Beth Ro

I saw these as well on that UK trip. I understand Stonehenge is now cordened off and you can't actually walk through it anymore.

Loch Ness is a great place to go especially in the winter when its really misty thumbsup.gif

I was there in the month of June and it was rather misty; adds an eiree effect. cool.gif

Would love to visit that area as well as some others again. original.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see.... Circle Hotsprings

Many people claim to see the ghost of a woman, witness things flying off the walls, footsteps can be heard, and more. The ghost likes to roam on the third floor, where the library is.

And yes I've seen her. I was in the library reading some book on the titanic when I looked up because I heard footsteps and she was there... You could almost see through her too.

To add to the freakiness of the place the pool (Open air pool) was covered with ice fog so thick.... Though totally relaxing even though it was 60 below zero outside. (Yep I went for the pool)

hm... let's see....

Savage Rock in Denali National park. I don't know if it's on any site as a mysterious place, but it's a strange rock formation. You look at it from the base of the hill it's on and it looks like a native American lying down on the hill. In the fall there's a bush near it that is about where an ear would be that's a bright yellow. Looks like the feathers of a headdress.

Winchester mystery house The lady that built that was a nutcase... Though... it was a fun tour.

Several battle sites from the Civil war. One of them I was at in early morning while there was still fog and I felt like I was being watched. My friend and I quickly finished our jog that morning. I think she felt it too.

Bristol Caverns which took us deep underground and I found out that I don't like being under ground any more than I like being above it.... Caves and Airplanes both scare me. Though inside the caves were some beautiful sites....

The Mascarade in Atlanta. My hubby is a Dimmu Bogir (Not sure if I spelled that right) Fan and we went to their concert in Atlanta. I did get freaked out there... I didn't use the restrooms there though... with how I was feeling I was sort of afraid to. Though I'm going back in april for an Iced Earth Concert. (Hoping they play stuff from the new album.)Some intresting atlanta area haunts.

loch ness, loch naw, kirk madrine stones, loads in edinburgh and of course ochil hills sanitorium!

ph34r.gif

The frontier town of Tombstone, Arizona which is not far from where I live has it's share of ghosts; the most famous being the "Swamper" said to inhabit the Big Nose Kate's Saloon.

http://clantongang.com/oldwest/ghosts.htm

I've been to these places but never noticed anything unusual.

The WInchester Mystery House in the week after Christmas but before New Year's. It wasn't that mysterious at all! disgust.gif

you're right it' not mysterious, but it fun and lil'bit creepy.

next time try to go for the flashlight tour, they have them on oct.31 and friday the 13th. Make sure you ask for the flashlight tour, and buy the tix early, they sell out fast.

Went to Graceland in Memphis once.

I think I saw the ghost of Elvis.........

post-9-1075156317.gif

During last summer I was staying at my Grandmothers house in Galena, Kansas.

When I was there we went to Hornet, Missouri which was near there and looked for the spook light. They had doubts we would find it and we were about to leave when we saw it. Just for a few seconds it bobbed up and down, changed colors, and even split in half. I kind of always thought I would never see anything paranormal to confirm the stories I've heard. If these stories about the spook light are true, what makes the other ones not? You just have to see it for youreslf to believe it.