Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple films "unicorn" in Switzerland

UM-Bot

user posted image rSwitzerland, a land famous for stories of Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Fairies, and just about all fairy tale creatures, may have finally produced tangible proof for one creature long known as myth. While vacationing in Cama, Switzerland, Joern Hansen and his girlfriend Anne, appear to have filmed something that may leave many guessing.

The film, almost a minute long, captures what appears to be a creature many have only read about and seen in books and television.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Third Eye Concept

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• St Q

• momentarylapseofreason

• Starscream

Nice - maybe this is where the whole Unicorn Legend came from? They saw some weird horse and told famous stories of it that we know today. Hope they get Dragons next ;)

Image from above video, doubled, sharpened and enhanced...

linked-image

Larger Video

Something about this unicorn reminds me of Charlie...

:lol: I thought Charlie too! looks just like him

Image from above video, doubled, sharpened and enhanced...

linked-image

Larger Video

Something about this unicorn reminds me of Charlie...

true so.. true.. ^^ Charlie... Charlie..

[backtotopic]

i hope that is true.

Wow, that´s cool. I hope it´s for real. But who knows, maybe there were some b******* who wanted to trick people, like putting a horn on a snowy white horse and then set it free :P But I don´t think it´s a cow, lol.

If it's Switzerland, my money's on a cow. A Unicow.

I would love to believe it was a beautiful, mythical unicorn...The video went so fast that it was hard to tell....

i dont think that video is real

my greatgreat granddad was

killed by a horn to his chest

all men in my family will not

ride a horse because of that

I emailed this article to my daughter, who has always been facinated with unicorns, and her was her response:

"Shame that it looks like the modernized (i.e., bastardized) version of a unicorn instead of the traditional legendary version. Before the late twentieth century, unicorns had a body like a deer, not a horse, with a long bodied tail like a lion or a cow and a much smaller neck and head. They were forrest dwellers, not mountain climbers, elsewise they would have the bodies of goats.

Still, amazing what people can create in film, eh?"

Switzerland, a land famous for stories of Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, Fairies, and just about all fairy tale creatures, may have finally produced tangible proof for one creature long known as myth.

Since when was Switzerland famous for any of that stuff? I hate it when articles are full of made up crap just to support some dumb point.

Edited by Soupy

yeah i dont know about all that other stuff but i do know a strange yet

cool festival that is done ever year at the end of the summer/. THey

build a giant snowman of cotton wool, symbolizes winter to the Swiss, and they

write their troubles and problems on slips of paper and then place them inside the Boogg. ...

inside is also fireworks and they burn boogg to signify the end of winter/ i love this idea...great

Looks real enough. The whole pic looks sort of blurry.

It would make a pretty picture!

It's a horse. Mystery solved. Damn, I'm going to clean up this whole "unexplained mysteries" nonsense one topic at a time!!!!

:tu:

More curious animal activity from Switzerland .... it's not all chocolate and alarm clocks, you know :hmm:

ROFLOL, I almost wet myself after reading your chocolate and alarmclocks gag. LoL, that was so funny.

Anway, back on topic.

I think its real. I never thought about them being real until I saw this video, but when I saw it, It struck me by surprise. Why wouldn't it be real. I mean, who in world goes out into the world putting horns on white horses and setting free?

Oh wait, I know! :w00t: Mabye there is a master unicorn makebeliever and him and his entourage of inexperienced unicorn makebelievers go around the world placing paper-maché horns on white horses, who then release them in the most desolate places around the world, and have a 0.000000000000000000001% chance out of 99.999999999999999998% chance of some person walking along "with a video camera" to capture this one of a kind footage, never before seen or witnessed in recorded history, man that would be the biggest hoax of all time........ Of course that is a real unicorn, if you can possibly believe that somebody faked that, with the chances most likely similar, if not bigger than that, you got a problem, and a very closed mind.

Edited by Cantalope

Shouldn't the guy doing the taping react with a bit more excitement, having just caught the first real footage of the mythical creature?

And why does he zoom in to that point of the hillside?

It looks just like a horse with an ear in the forward position, giving the impression (and only just about with some imagination sprinkled in too) that it has, maybe, if you squint and want to believe hard enough, a horn.

Kind of like this...

linked-image

Edited by Papaver

yeah some horses have big ears

why do saddle makers call the top rope tie off a horn?

my greatgreat grandad kicked the bucket cause of a horse

a crazy tall horn on a army saddle crushed his crest when the horse fliped back

Use Occham's Razor.

Which theory is more likely:

1) A fantastical magical beast that has remained hidden for thousands of years suddenly appeared in Switzerland.

2) A dude stuck a horn on a horse.

And that is only necessary if it is determined that what appears in the video is actually a horn and not a trick of perspective or an object that isn't even attached to the horse.

Plus there is the fact that the unicorn was never portrayed as a simple horse with a horn until relatively recent times.

Oh, if in doubt, go with the fantastickal magickal beast theory, any time, as my friend Smaug was saying just the other day.

Of all the wonderful mythical creatures, I would love for the Unicorn to be real the most. (Elves second) It is a truly lovely dream. :yes:

Oh, if in doubt, go with the fantastickal magickal beast theory, any time, as my friend Smaug was saying just the other day.

:rofl: