Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange object filmed over bedford, England

UM-Bot

user posted image rSam Willey: I received quite an interesting email on October 28th 2007 by someone in the United Kingdom by the name of Gordon Dungavel who reported an interesting UFO event which he along with his wife witnessed back in May of 2006 whilst out on a walk.

Along with a report Mr Dungavel also sent along a large array of photographs of the strange umbrella like object speeding through the blustery skies of Bedford, England.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Alien Nation Sam

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sam Willey

• ordinaryToucan

• Bulldog1974

• keithisco

How weird? In this photo, it looks like one of the islands which woud float in the sky in a game I use to play ;) Except, this one moves with a silver ball at the bottom :S Still though, love to see what's next!

Hello everyone, If anybody has any questions for the witness of this event please post them and i will pass them on.

A key detail to remember is this object was travelling against the blustery winds meaning this must have been some sort of strong material.

I can't help but feel that this looks like a cluster of helium (party) balloons...

Check out the pictures in the main article.

There is a wedding reception that's missing a whole bunch of its decorations somewhere near Bedford, England!

A key detail to remember is this object was travelling against the blustery winds meaning this must have been some sort of strong material.

Not necessarily true. Whilst it was blustery at ground level it is possible that it could have been traveling in a smooth air current, even just a hundred feet off the ground. Even if it was blustery at that level, I would imagine that a cluster of objects containing lighter-than-air gas presenting so many surfaces facing in different directions, would not be as effected by bluster than we might imagine, especially when seen at a distance.

If anyone remembers there is a video somewhere of a similar object filmed in Turkey and in that clip the object looks similar to this one and takes off from the tree tops and flies off.It could be some kind of a new life form or something..who knows.

Have to agree with Oridinary Toucan.... looks like a bunch of helium balloons tied together

Have to agree with Oridinary Toucan.... looks like a bunch of helium balloons tied together

or a kid's kite.....interesting...looks nothing like the usual crafts that are UFO's....

I don't think the explaination is "obvious" i mean the report clearly states and the witness clearly states it was a blustery day and the object was moving AGAINST the wind sticking to the same flight path at all times. I find it hard to believe that balloons could hold course against a strong current of wind i think the witness would have noticed if they were balloons i mean the motion of a balloon is so easy to spot. I believe there is probably an explaination however i don't believe balloons are the answer.

Edited by Sam Willey

In my experience a witness rarely appreciates* that ground wind direction and speed do not necessarily correspond with wind direction(s) and speed(s) at different/higher altitudes.

* In many cases the investigator/researcher also fails to appreciate the effects of meteorology.

A similar 'object' was videoed over Abingdon in 1997 (although the video quality was very poor), the video was submitted to BEAMS for investigation.

Edited by Shadow_Wolf

Yeah, it looks nothing like previous sitings. It doesn't seem to have any real size. It just looks like a bunch of little balls clumped together. It may be possible that the object was further away then it seemed. But still, to resist wind, besides instantaneously adjusting to wind currents (which would be pretty tough), I don't know.

• 1 month later...

The photos display exactly what I have seen in Hollywood California and North Las Vegas, on more than a few occasions. I've watched one just like or similar to the one in the photograph, float very closely over the houses behind former house in North Vegas.

I had a pair of binos with me as I was always watching the Chemtrail. I got a very good look at it. It seemed as if it was watching me in return. I personally witnessed ones just like in the photo several times, watching through binoculars, and anyone who starts paying attention to the aerosol operations will too. Carefully watched them for half an hour as they moved into the vicinity, slowed down and seemingly stopped, then within minutes, watch as they change dramatically in color and shape and SIZE, one turned from the image in the photo into a glowing red blob with a few larger black blobs surrounding it.

And no, they are not balloons, an understandable perception, but I next time you see an odd cluster of Matte BLACK balloons floating innocently by, look again and watch it carefully. The most notable differences from a cluster of balloons is that they appear to be merged, lumped together but not rigid, they move around as if a viscous liquid not trapped by a string, more like a dense cluster of giant blood cells. The cluster of ovoid, reminded me of a blood cell shape clustering and intermingling, and the object (s) flew close enough for me to observe its approximate size, that being much larger than normal helium balloons or cluster thereof. Individual bulges appear to be as large as 3 foot diameter. While they do move around, they look as if they are magnetically influenced and conjoined/merged rather than affected or influenced by the wind. Their appearance looks more like a thick rubber, not thin helium filled latex. Indeed, at a glance, they appear to be a closely packed cluster of balloons, sometimes like a large heafty garbage bag sent aloft on a gust of wind, but the color and texture of a black rubber inner tube should quickly draw closer inspection. The one in the photo is a splitting image of the one I saw fly really close. Complete with a tapering tail at the bottom to mimic (?) the string of a cluster of balloons perhaps? It looks more like a tail as it's far too thick.

Believe me or not, I only want to share my experience, I have no hard proof. I don't need to prove my point and I'm open minded to any myriad of possible explanations, but these are not conventional floating or flying machines, they appear to break all the laws of thermodynamics. I am certain of their reality, and not even up for debate. What they are I do not know, I tend along the lines that these are actually a type of drone used by our own military. First starting seeing these things as a result of my careful observations of the Aerosol (Chemtrail) Dispersal Operations, which I believe to which they are directly or indirectly related. That's what influenced the though, but heck if I know.

Ultimately, they remind me of clusters of nurbs from 3D computer animation, rendered using flat colors, with low spectral reflectivity.

Good info on similar phenomenon...Cheers.

Jon

http://tracers.8m.com/tracers.html

http://weatherwars.info/?page_id=24

Edited by Twas Brillig

linked-imageSam Willey: I received quite an interesting email on October 28th 2007 by someone in the United Kingdom by the name of Gordon Dungavel who reported an interesting UFO event which he along with his wife witnessed back in May of 2006 whilst out on a walk. Along with a report Mr. Dungavel also sent along a large array of photographs of the strange umbrella like object speeding through the blustery skies of Bedford, England. Here is the initial email i received in October 2007: "I thought you may find the following of interest. Last May my wife and I took a walk to a country pub in Cardington, Bedford. I had my digital camera with me and was taking pictures of my her larking about in the bright yellow reap seed fields. On our return home at the top of Harringdon Road I noticed a small blue object hurtling through the sky towards us. I have had over thirty years experience of sky watching and a keen interest in the UFO phenomenon. I have seen and taken photo's before of strange objects. This umberella shaped object we could plainly see was not a balloon, kite, microlight, plane, helecopter, bin bag nor anything else I could think of. It was flying steadly into the wind not diverting in any way from it's course. It was small I would estimate between 5-10 feet in size, blue in colour with a projection hanging down from it's base with a silver ball on the end. I took over a dozen photos. I have attatched a few enlargments with this post. Maybe you could explain to me what this object could have been as I am perplexed.

Also in a couple of the enlarged photo's a second unidentified object is present not seen at the time." After receiving the report and amazing photographs i was full of questions and wanted more information which Mr. Dungavel kindly and promtly provided with a response the very next day: "I would say this object was about 150 ft in altitude coming towards, over and away from us. Same level and speed not diverting in course despite it being rather blustery."

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Alien Nation Sam

dude there is this thread on the ufo section so similar to this, similar shaped object an all and that thread has a video, its called drone something...