Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man immune to electricity

Owlscrying

Lucknow, India: Saroj Kumar of Parankha Village in Uttar Pradesh's Hardoi District can touch an electric heater with bare hands and still remain safe and sound. The 29-year-old has an unusual immunity to electric current.

"Once I held two wires while playing but the current did not pass through my body. From that day onwards, I have found that I do not feel the current."says Saroj Kumar.

Friends and neighbours say that he loves playing with electrical equipments, as he is known for his passion for electricity wires, including high tension wires.

"He climbs any electric pole and will hold the wire without feeling its running current. We have asked him not to do it but he is confident that he would always be safe," says Saroj's maternal uncle.

Saroj is now a local hero of sorts and, perhaps, rightly called an "Electricity Man".

go!

Electricity Man video

Edited by Owlscrying

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• wolfieboy

• Owlscrying

• BiffSplitkins

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucknow, India: Saroj Kumar of Parankha Village in Uttar Pradesh's Hardoi District can touch an electric heater with bare hands and still remain safe and sound. The 29-year-old has an unusual immunity to electric current.

"Once I held two wires while playing but the current did not pass through my body. From that day onwards, I have found that I do not feel the current."says Saroj Kumar.

Friends and neighbours say that he loves playing with electrical equipments, as he is known for his passion for electricity wires, including high tension wires.

"He climbs any electric pole and will hold the wire without feeling its running current. We have asked him not to do it but he is confident that he would always be safe," says Saroj's maternal uncle.

Saroj is now a local hero of sorts and, perhaps, rightly called an "Electricity Man".

go!

it is a little know fact that the skin of a human has a resistive value that can with stand various amounts of current and voltage.

depending on the lack of oils in the surface skin many have held and not been shocked. but this guy is a freak of nature no doubt if he is grabing overhead power lines with bare hands.

OMG Amazing article. Has this man seen a doctor? Why is he physically able to do this?? Incredible and also stimulating. Hopefully more will be in the news regarding HOW this is possible!!!!!!

Thanks for the great post :) Jody

Edit: whoops Wolfie you posted right when I did... SO are there other people who have this "oil" thing? This is just freaky-deaky-doo!

Edited by She-ra

OMG Amazing article. Has this man seen a doctor? Why is he physically able to do this?? Incredible and also stimulating. Hopefully more will be in the news regarding HOW this is possible!!!!!!

Thanks for the great post :) Jody

Edit: whoops Wolfie you posted right when I did... SO are there other people who have this "oil" thing? This is just freaky-deaky-doo!

we all have oils in our skin. it is that when we handle things they a passed off to the objects we touch ie finger prints. it is when we handle very fne dust that has low content of ferious materials that we create a resistive barrier.

wonder at what his extreme weakness would be...water / rain?

Edited by Owlscrying

This is incredible really! I wonder how his body works, has anybody else ever been able to do this?

what about a tazer gun? will he be affected?

Good point! I doubt they would try it out mind :lol:

OH YES I say an experiment is needed!!!

Wait... what if he gets hurt :( nevermind....

OH YES I say an experiment is needed!!!

Wait... what if he gets hurt :( nevermind....

:lol:

Mind you, if he gave his permission and can tazers give smallish amounts of voltage if tweaked?

Nah, it is getting sadistic now :lol:

That is too weird! I wonder what would happen if he were ever struck by lightening?

I think that tazers do have different power settings. It seems to me I've heard that anyone who carries one has to get shocked first before they get their license for it (so they know what they're dealing with?) and I've heard of cops shocking each other for fun. (You know, "turn it up another notch! I can take it! Come on, I'm not a wimp like you! I can -- oof!)

This guy better watch it, though. Be pretty bad if his immunity failed him while he was holding onto a power line!

I think that tazers do have different power settings. It seems to me I've heard that anyone who carries one has to get shocked first before they get their license for it (so they know what they're dealing with?) and I've heard of cops shocking each other for fun. (You know, "turn it up another notch! I can take it! Come on, I'm not a wimp like you! I can -- oof!)

This guy better watch it, though. Be pretty bad if his immunity failed him while he was holding onto a power line!

Indeed it would :o

Regarding the tazers, yes I've seen the police do that on a TV documentary once, having it fired on themselves etc. They go down like a sack of spuds.

Ya know... I've electrocuted myself so many times, I'm starting not to feel it anymore. Maybe I'll be the next "Electricity Woman"!!! :D

Don't you have to be grounded in order for the electricity to flow through you? Isn't that why the guys that repair the cables are safe, and why flying a kite near the cables is a very bad idea?

Don't you have to be grounded in order for the electricity to flow through you? Isn't that why the guys that repair the cables are safe, and why flying a kite near the cables is a very bad idea?

try explaining that to the electric man....

anyway, waiting for a news with headlines "Electric Man Killed While Provoking Powerlines With Metal Poles"

yes you have to be grounded for yourself to be a ground path. but if you complete a circuit by becoming the wire in the transfer of power, then that will sure as heck fry your cells as well.

That is too weird! I wonder what would happen if he were ever struck by lightening?

He would die because of the heat and got burned, not the electricity

He would be seriously injured, if not killed.

No one is "immune" to lightning, everyone has a diffrerent electric resistance, his is just exceptionally higher than normal.

Edited by Raptor X7

Yes you do have to be grounded.

Has anybody ever seen a bird balancing on an overhead electricity cable or on the overhead lines above the railway? They can do this because they are not grounded. Now if I were to stand on the top of a very large box and take a huge leap and grab hold of an overhead cable as I am flying through the air (that would be a sight I can assure you :lol:), I would be okay as no part of my body would be earthed, however if I were to get within about three feet of one of these cables but still be earthed, the cable could "arc" and fry me.

Yes you do have to be grounded.

Has anybody ever seen a bird balancing on an overhead electricity cable or on the overhead lines above the railway? They can do this because they are not grounded. Now if I were to stand on the top of a very large box and take a huge leap and grab hold of an overhead cable as I am flying through the air (that would be a sight I can assure you :lol:), I would be okay as no part of my body would be earthed, however if I were to get within about three feet of one of these cables but still be earthed, the cable could "arc" and fry me.

:o Shocking! :lol:

hmmm... good question.

any electric pole and will hold the wire without feeling its running current. We have asked him not to do it but he is confident that he would always be safe," says Saroj's maternal uncle.

go!

The more I think about this the more insane it is that a newspaper would actually publish this. I wonder how many idiots are going to go and try to grab overhead wires now thinking they are also 'Electricy man'??