Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Israel About to Attack Hizballah?

Never Here

You can't defeat hezbollah with military prowess. That's what they tried last time which didn't eradicate hezbollah as olmert wanted and destroyed their reputation as being military invincible. Israel bombed lebanon back to the stone age and probably made a lot of new recruits for hezbollah at a time when people we're turning their backs and trying to dissociate itself from hezbollah but that's finished as well.

The Israelis have to fight hezbollah in a guerilla war to defeat them..when you corner them then call in the bombers..you are guaranteed to lose 500 to a thousand soldiers..but you'll win..the pattern bombing and precision strikes only go so far...you gotta fight...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moon Monkey

• Never Here

• ships-cat

• Unlimited

The Israelis have to fight hezbollah in a guerilla war to defeat them..when you corner them then call in the bombers..you are guaranteed to lose 500 to a thousand soldiers..but you'll win..the pattern bombing and precision strikes only go so far...you gotta fight...

Sorry Unlimited about saying that it was you who claimed that those Isareli soldiers were captured in a raid on Lebanon, it would have been RedEye, Shuriken, Odas or Mars (if they call me out I'll go back and check)...just occasionally you sound like one of that bunch.

I think that as long as Hezbollah don't do anything provocative Israel won't do anything but given any reason at all I reckon they will be in like Flynn, unfinished business etc. Its just when bridges start going down to stop escape and resupply, when civilians decide to stay in the middle of battlegrounds and the UN 'allow' Hezbollah to use their bases things can get sticky and the good old international community starts bleating. Next time they have to ignore this bleating as Israel are damned if they do and damned if they don't...imagine having to leaflet your enemy that you are coming, that costs lives.

'the essence of war is violence; moderation in war is imbecility!'

I got the impression that the IDF tried to be 'moderate' in their last incursion into Lebannon. This - plus Hezbollah's unexpected profligacy with hand-held anti-tank missiles - bogged them down, causing the media to label the attack as 'inconclusive', or even 'failed'.

One would imagine that the Israeli military command will have learnt their lessons from this, and would adjust any future incursion accordingly.

Of course.. Hezbollah might adopt its tactics as well in anticipation.

Meow Purr.

Sorry Unlimited about saying that it was you who claimed that those Isareli soldiers were captured in a raid on Lebanon, it would have been RedEye, Shuriken, Odas or Mars (if they call me out I'll go back and check)...just occasionally you sound like one of that bunch.

I think that as long as Hezbollah don't do anything provocative Israel won't do anything but given any reason at all I reckon they will be in like Flynn, unfinished business etc. Its just when bridges start going down to stop escape and resupply, when civilians decide to stay in the middle of battlegrounds and the UN 'allow' Hezbollah to use their bases things can get sticky and the good old international community starts bleating. Next time they have to ignore this bleating as Israel are damned if they do and damned if they don't...imagine having to leaflet your enemy that you are coming, that costs lives.

ya that leaflet dropping isnt for real war...if someones shooting rockets at you...you have every right to attack them..

ya that leaflet dropping isnt for real war...if someones shooting rockets at you...you have every right to attack them..

It is difficult though when SKY, BBC and CNN have camera half a click away pointed at you attacking a house where terrorists have holed themselves up along with women and kids. I said it at the time and I'll say it again...the people there are Hezbollah supporters and if Hezbollah is willing to fire rockets from their houses and they are allowing this or not scarpering the half mile to safety then......

I haven't heard anything about any rockets from there though for a while, its all Gaza and IMO same rules apply...but even still some in the international community scream when Israel go in or turn the air-cons off.

It is difficult though when SKY, BBC and CNN have camera half a click away pointed at you attacking a house where terrorists have holed themselves up along with women and kids. I said it at the time and I'll say it again...the people there are Hezbollah supporters and if Hezbollah is willing to fire rockets from their houses and they are allowing this or not scarpering the half mile to safety then......

watch from your satellites where the rockets are coming from then blow all the houses up...war is ugly business...people need to realize that..if they want to harbor the hezbollah then they will get blown up..send out that pamphlet..

watch from your satellites where the rockets are coming from then blow all the houses up...war is ugly business...people need to realize that..if they want to harbor the hezbollah then they will get blown up..send out that pamphlet..

Its happening every day, but not even making the forums now never mind the mainstream media. Every day rockets are coming over from Gaza, every day there are retaliations and incursions.

Its happening every day, but not even making the forums now never mind the mainstream media. Every day rockets are coming over from Gaza, every day there are retaliations and incursions.

the only problem i see is the israelis are trying to fight a guerrilla war, with hight tech weaponry..they need to put bayonettes on their m16s and get bloody..

the only problem i see is the israelis are trying to fight a guerrilla war, with hight tech weaponry..they need to put bayonettes on their m16s and get bloody..

I agree with action along those lines, Israel also needs a media black out when carrying out operations and dont pussyfoot about collateral damage, just get the job done first.

I agree with action along those lines, Israel also needs a media black out when carrying out operations and dont pussyfoot about collateral damage, just get the job done first.

If the israelis dont deal with the tentacles from Iran, and put an end to this proxy war. the incursions and war will continue til......?

If the israelis dont deal with the tentacles from Iran, and put an end to this proxy war. the incursions and war will continue til......?

They stop expansion? Stop collectively punishing the Palestinians? Stop killing innocents?

They stop expansion? Stop collectively punishing the Palestinians? Stop killing innocents?

hezbollah is an arm of the iranian guard...they attack civilians...they are arming the territory with crude rockets...the palestinian issues another can of worms..

hezbollah is an arm of the iranian guard...they attack civilians...they are arming the territory with crude rockets...the palestinian issues another can of worms..

Not really, considering Israel punishes Palestine as a whole.

The trouble is that Hezbollah et al. are like the heads of the hydra you can chop them but then 2 grow back or you can burn them good and proper at the stump and then finally deal with the immortal head, and there is only one way to kill the immortal head of the hydra and thats to squash it but that brings us back to the Iran threads and there are many out there that consider Iran to be a peaceful bystander in all the troubles of the region...... :hmm:

The trouble is that Hezbollah et al. are like the heads of the hydra you can chop them but then 2 grow back or you can burn them good and proper at the stump and then finally deal with the immortal head, and there is only one way to kill the immortal head of the hydra and thats to squash it but that brings us back to the Iran threads and there are many out there that consider Iran to be a peaceful bystander in all the troubles of the region...... :hmm:

Proposal: The expansionist policies of Israel are fueling radicalization. Just a thought.

Edited by Bob26003

Proposal: The expansionist policies of Israel are fueling radicalization. Just a thought.

For my full reply see one of the other hundred threads we have been over this in......but any which way you look at it they are not expanding into or anywhere near Iran.

To extend the metaphor of the Hezbolla Hydra: if you destroy enough of its heads quickly, with the heads not being able to inflict damage on their attackers, then it makes the heads look futile and impotent. The Hydra may find it increasingly difficult both to recruit new heads, and to secure financial backing. (the money-monsters don't like financing failure).

It will be difficult to indoctrinate martyrs if the potential martyrs think that their deaths will not actually acheive anything.

Meow Purr.

And you said I was over simplifying the situation?

Proposal: if the Arabs laid down their arms there would be peace. If the Israelis laid down their arms there would be genocide.

I always thought you were anti-war?

Proposal: if the Arabs laid down their arms there would be peace. If the Israelis laid down their arms there would be genocide.

Well, how could there ever be peace. Israel is everyday favoring expansion over peace.

The fanatics are a law enforcement matter. By collectively punishing all the Palestinians as they do, they just give the radicals more recruits.

Or is that the purpose? That would justify the brutal measures necessary for expansion.

Just a thought.

Well, how could there ever be peace. Israel is everyday favoring expansion over peace.

The fanatics are a law enforcement matter. By collectively punishing all the Palestinians as they do, they just give the radicals more recruits.

Or is that the purpose? That would justify the brutal measures necessary for expansion.

Just a thought.

Oh Bob, Bob, you keep saying the same thing. Where are they expanding (which isn't 45 houses in a town of 45,000 that is considered to be part of Israel in the final 2-state plan by the PA)?

Sanai, land for peace with Egypt

Jordan Valley, land for peace with Jordan

S.Lebanon, land for....

Gaza, land for...

You see where it all went wrong ? It is not possible to do the same deal with fundamentalist, muslim, nutcases bent on your destruction.

The government of Gaza fire rockets at the people of Israel, please once and for all in plain terms what would you have the Israelis do about this ? Anytime a country declares war on another the people of those countries are collectively punished, at least the Israelis try to target the main perps. Oh and let Egypt or the Saudis or Iran provide fuel and food rather than AK's and explosives. They can use those tunnels under the fences if they want to do it unofficially.

BTW Bob a few more settlements in the West Bank dismantled this week but you are not interested.

To extend the metaphor of the Hezbolla Hydra: if you destroy enough of its heads quickly, with the heads not being able to inflict damage on their attackers, then it makes the heads look futile and impotent. The Hydra may find it increasingly difficult both to recruit new heads, and to secure financial backing. (the money-monsters don't like financing failure).

That's prolly the only way to destroy Hezbollah. Kill all of their members or most of them in a very short period of time without to many civillian casualties so they don't have time to reorganize but that's impossible to accomplish.

Gosh... that is possibly the most astute comment in this entire thread.

Well done Stardrive.

Meow Purr :)

Hezbollah turns up the pressure in Lebanon crisis By Nadim Ladki

38 minutes ago

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanon's Hezbollah on Sunday called on incumbent President Emile Lahoud to take action if rival political leaders are unable to agree on a consensus president in next week's election.

Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah did not say what he wanted the president to do and his call seemed likely to further complicate efforts by parliament to elect a president.

But, the powerful leader appeared to be backing a suggestion that pro-Syrian Lahoud could form a parallel government if there was no agreement on the presidential election.

Lebanon's presidential election has been postponed from November 12 to November 21 to give the anti-Syrian majority coalition and the Hezbollah-led opposition more time to break a deadlock over a compromise candidate. Lahoud's term expires on November 23.

But there has been little progress towards an agreement and the majority, backed by the United States, has said it would elect a president on its own if there was no deal.

Nasrallah said Hezbollah would consider any such president as an "usurper of power" and labeled the government of Prime Minister Fouad Siniora "a bunch of thieves and murderers" backed by the United States and Israel.

The parliamentary session to elect a president has already been postponed twice and the impasse has pushed Lebanon into its worst political crisis since the 1975-90 civil war. Many Lebanese fear a failure to reach a deal could lead to more bloodshed amid reports that all factions are arming themselves.

"We appeal to his excellency President Emile Lahoud to do what his conscience and national responsibility stipulates... and take a step or a national salvation initiative to stop the country from (sliding into) a vacuum," Nasrallah said in a live televised address to a crowded Hezbollah rally.

Hezbollah, which fought a 34-day war with Israel last year, is by far the strongest military force in the country and Nasrallah said the group would not give up its weapons despite international demands.

The United States and the anti-Syrian majority say any new president should be committed to U.N. resolutions that include calls for the disarming of Hezbollah.

"There is no one who can disarm Hezbollah," Nasrallah said.

The anti-Syrian majority also says Lahoud does not have the constitutional right to take any measures without the approval of the government.

Lahoud's six-year term was extended in 2004 by another three years at the behest of Syria, a step that enraged the international community.

Lahoud has largely been shunned since then and Syria ended its three-decade-long military presence in Lebanon in 2005 in the wake of widespread outcry after the assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri.

Damascus has denied any links to Hariri's killing.

France, leading international efforts to ensure a smooth election -- seen as vital to resolving the year-old political dispute that has paralyzed the country -- will send Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner to Beirut later this week.

(Additional reporting by Laila Bassam; Editing by Matthew Jones)