Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secrets of the lost Ouija Board files

UM-Bot

ouija1.jpg
Ken Korczak: In a corner of my attic are stacked more than a dozen dusty cardboard boxes crammed with notebooks. The notebooks are filled front to back with thousands of handwritten entries which are the records of 40 years of Ouija Board sessions. The sessions were conducted by a dogged seeker of communication with ghosts, intelligences and entities from “the other side.” That dogged Ouija seeker is me. I chose the world “Lost” in the title of this column because all of those records in those boxes almost never see the light of day once a notebook is filled and stuffed in a box. Although I have taken pains to record and save 40 years of Ouija sessions, I almost never look at them again once the session is done. In a sense, they get “lost” in my attic.

The real reason I took pains to record all my Ouija sessions was not so much because I wanted them preserved for memory, but rather, because I discovered that the presence of a third person taking notes while two others are working the Ouija makes the session much more fruitful and productive. A session recorder seems to add a certain “energy” to the room, even though that person never touches the Board. I also discovered that not all Ouija session recorder are created equal -- some people taking notes make for better Ouija sessions than others. The same goes for the people actually working the Board. Over the years, I have had amazing results working with certain people, while with others I just didn’t have the same chemistry. Today, I am lucky to have what I call my “A Team” for Ouija work -- myself, and my friend Brain, who is autistic and works the Board with me, and the beautiful Darcy, the best Ouija Session recorder I have ever had in four decades.

But before I get to far ahead of myself, let me start at the beginning. When I was eight years old, my four siblings and I received an Ouija Board as a gift from our mother. Mom was a devout Catholic, but she knew nothing about what an Ouija Board was really all about. She assumed that because it was sold by Parker Brothers, it was merely a fun game for the kids. And so it was! I know that many readers here at Unexplained Mysteries would be horrified that a bunch of naïve children be allowed to play with an instrument many consider to be a powerful and dangerous doorway to unspeakable evil forces -- from demons to malevolent spirits -- all just waiting for some fool to open a channel for them to leap through and gobble up the souls of innocents.

But we never had any of those problems. We just had a lot of fun. And so began a lifetime hobby of contacting and communicating with strange entities of all kinds, and from all corners of the Universe -- an activity that I have continued for the past four decades.

During those first Ouija sessions when we were children, we didn’t try to contact any specific spirits or entities -- we simply addressed our questions directly to “The Ouija Board” and hoped for interesting answers -- and we were rarely disappointed. We started out by asking questions like, “How old will I be when I die.” The Ouija was always quick with answers. For example, the Ouija told me that I would die at the age of 41, and that I would be killed in a knife fight with a homeless man. We asked for more details, and the Ouija told us that I would enter the U.S. Navy at age 18, rise to the rank of admiral, but that after I left the Navy, I would develop a severe drinking problem which would ruin my life. The Ouija Board said that I would make my living on the mean streets of Detroit by digging through dumpsters looking for junk to sell for small change. My death would come about when another homeless wino became angry with me for butting into his “territory” on the streets, and that he knifed me to death after an argument inside a neon sign shop.

Of course, none of this came true. I didn’t die at age 41, never served in the Navy and didn’t even become a heavy drinker. The Ouija Board said my younger brother would die at age 18 from radiation poisoning. It said my brother would get a job right out of high school as a garbage man, and that someone would illegally unload some radioactive material into a dumpster, my brother would get exposed and die. This never came true either. Incidentally, our mother hated it when we asked morbid questions like this, and she would often chastise us. She would shout at us in her native Polish language: “Stop asking questions like that!”

We weren’t worried, though, because we thought the answers the Board gave us were not only hilarious, but amazingly creative. I mean, we lived in a small farming community in Minnesota, none of us had ever been to Detroit, and none of us could have ever thought of something like getting knifed in an inner-city neon sign shop, of all places. Interestingly, among the five of us children, we tried many combinations at using the Board, but it would only work when my oldest brother and I were at the controls, or the planchette, I should say. We would get into arguments about one or the other us moving the planchette purposefully. We’d shout at each other: “You’re moving this thing!” “I swear I’m not! I think you’re moving it!” “I tell you, I’m not the one moving it!” Thus, to make sure neither my brother or I were cheating, we began the practice of one of us being blindfolded, and we would take turns at this. With one of us blindfolded, we found that the Board moved even faster and became even more creative in its answers, much to our delight. After we started the blindfolding, we were amazed that sometimes the Board would spell out its answers in Polish. Since Polish was a first language for my parents and all of our aunts and uncles, we children also understood and spoke a lot of Polish, so it shouldn’t have been surprising that we got some answers in that language.

Isn’t wasn’t long, however, before our Ouija Board communications began to expand beyond our routine fortune-telling kind of questions. During one session, for example, we were asking the Board questions about our own future lives when a dead man by the name of Hal Witzman interrupted our questioning. Suddenly, the board started spelling, “Let me talk to you … let me talk to you …”. Again, up to that point, we had always addressed the Ouija Board as if it were talking to it. So when the Board started spelling “Let me talk to you”, we naturally asked “Who are you?”

The spirit identified himself as Hal Witzman, who happened to be a retired plumber from our small town who had died a couple of years earlier. We all had known Mr. Witzman, the way everyone in a small town knows everyone else. Yet, we were extremely surprised that, all of a sudden, Mr. Witzman was now wishing to speak to us from beyond the grave! At the same time, we thought it was great! We were about to speak to our first ghost! Unfortunately we were naïve children, and so our questions to the poor dead Mr. Witzman were deplorably childish. For example, we would ask him things like, “What’s it like in your grave?” And Mr. Witzman would answer: “It’s cold and lonely.”

Equally unfortunately, we also began to ask the deceased plumber some rather lippy, insolent questions. For example, we asked him if he felt that he had wasted his life toiling away as a small-town plumber, and did he wish that he had done something more interesting with his life. Mr. Witzman grew angry at this and starting insulting our father, whom he called a “small-time prune peddler.” The prune peddler comment referred to my dad’s job as owner the local grocery store. After the ghost of Mr. Witzman insulted our father, we told him that his wife of 40 years had remarried within six months of his death, and that to our knowledge, she had never once visited his grave, all of which was true. Nevertheless, this made the dead plumber very angry indeed, and he said that none of us “little brats” would get another good night’s sleep because he was going to haunt us from beyond the grave. We had a good laugh at this, and my brother asked him: “Are you going to come into our bedrooms at night rattling your pipe wrenches and toilet snakes?” This made Mr. Witzman’s ghost furious, and we thought this was extremely funny. Our mother didn’t think it was funny, however. She thought is was gruesome and morbid that we were talking to the ghost a former resident of our small town, that we were mocking him, so she took the Board away from us for while.

Anyway, the Mr. Witzman episode made us realize that there were probably an unlimited amount of dead people, and perhaps even other types of entities that we could contact and have fun with on “the other side”. I could probably write an entire book on the small army of local small-town spooks we spoke with via the Ouija Board during those early days of my Ouija practice. But I’ll just say here that it was these early experiences that instilled within me a lifelong interest in the Ouija Board, and I have consistently conducted Ouija sessions ever since. I brought the Ouija with me to college and conducted many fascinating sessions in the dorm room with my college buddies. After college I held “Ouija Parties” wherever my work and profession took me, and conducted many sessions with dozens of friends, workers and acquaintances over the decades.

As I grew older and as my experiences with the Ouija Board began to accumulate, my ability to interact with intelligences and entities on “the other side” began to deepen and grow in profound, unexpected and uncanny directions. Still, I have always approached the Ouija with a great deal of skepticism, yet open-mindedness -- but most of all, with that original childish sense of fun and mischievousness which characterized those first sessions with my siblings in our small northern Minnesota village. As I said, I had developed the practice of recording my Ouija sessions word-for-word in notebooks. This meant that I almost always enlisted a friend or onlooker to act as the “official recorder” of each session, have them write down every word we spoke, and every letter the Ouija Board entities spelled out for us during a session. Over the decades, those notebooks accumulated into hundreds, which now reside in the dusty attic of my home. Some of them I have not looked at for dozens of years -- in fact, I have rarely gone back to simply peruse my decades of collected sessions, and reading through some of them now is often like reading the writing of someone else -- there are many sessions I have forgotten about completely, and I am amazed at some of the wacky, profound, sad, funny and sometimes scary or eerie stories that emerge from those notebooks of years gone by.

So right now I invite you to spring forward with me to the year 1999, and meet one of the most interesting personalities I have met on “the other side” via the Ouija Board. In the past eight years, I have communicated with this particular entity often, and consider her to be a warm and wonderful friend. Here is how it all happened:

For this session, I had my Ouija “A Team” on hand and we wanted to try something new and different to leverage a great Ouija Session. My “A Team” is my friend Brian who works the Board with me, and the best session recorder I have ever had, our lovely raven-haired, beautiful friend Darcy. To prepare for the session, Brian and I decided to first perform some energy exercises to balance and enhance our personal chi fields. We were hoping this would bring a special flavor and vibe to the session. Here is how we did it:

For one hour, Brian and I laid flat on our backs on floor mats in a room that was empty of all furniture or any other objects. We wanted no clutter in the room to disrupt our energy work. We cleared our minds with a meditative technique. We then began to visualize our chakras, starting with the crown chakra at the top of our heads, moving down to the “third eye” chakra, the one at the throat -- and so on down the body to the chakra at the bottoms of our feet. Once we had all of the seven primary chakras visualized, we connected them by visualizing a glowing bar of energy beginning at the crown chakra, then extending down to the others. We then visualized the connected chakra bar to flow up from the tops of our heads and then bend down and around our bodies -- to the point that we were encircling ourselves with scintillating, silver-gold energy. In short, we created glowing shells of chi force around ourselves, thus reducing “astral bleeding” and also providing chi shielding.

(Incidentally, Darcy had not performed the Chi balancing exercise. However, she arrived wearing a green satin sarong, sandals, and a delicate ornament of white-gold in her hair, and smelling of vanilla and lilac. Her splendid natural beauty and presence radiated with greater élan than our chi shields, or so Brian and I mused).

Thus prepared, we set up the Ouija Board and began our session:

OPENING STATEMENT: Greetings! We are highly curious beings living in physical existence on the planet earth! We are extremely hungry for knowledge, and wish to speak with other beings of extremely advanced intelligence! Who will speak with us?

(Note: The oracle began spinning around in circles with extreme vigor, to the point where we could barely control it. But then, it began to spell out words at a fast pace.)

ANSWER: MOMMY IS HERE. I WILL SPEAK WITH YOU, SWEETHEART.

Question: Greetings, Mommy! My name is Ken and I am here with Brian and Darcy. Who are you?

ANSWER: ARE YOU A TRINITY ENTITY?

Question: No. Ken, Brain and Darcy are all three discrete individuals, although we all belong to the same species. Our existences are not merged. Who are you?

ANSWER: I AM MOMMY. AND WHAT OF THE QUIXK OF THE 7TH GUILD?

Question: There are only three of us here. Who is this Quixk of the 7th Guild to which you refer?

ANSWER: THAT WHICH IS PHYSICALLY PRESENT WITH YOU.

Question: We perceive no others physically present with us. Is this Quixk present with us in a way that we cannot perceive?

ANSWER: NO. THE QUIXK OF THE 7TH GUILD IS WITH YOU, AND VERY NEAR.

(Note: We were perplexed for a moment, and then it dawned upon us that Mommy must have been referring to Skrayling, my cat, who was resting by my feet. It’s interesting to note that Skrayling is a polydactyl cat -- he has 7 toes.)

Question: Mommy, are your referring to the one we call Skrayling, which is a kind of being we call a cat?

ANSWER: YES, DEAR ONES. THIS QUIXK IS OF THE ANCIENT 7TH GUILD.

Question: It is very surprising to us that a cat could belong to an organized guild. How could this be so?

ANSWER: THE QUIXK OF THE 7TH GUILD ARE YOUR PARTNERS IN REALITY.

Question: We hardly know what to say or think about this. Already, our curiosity is like an empty stomach growling for food. We have many questions about the Quixk of the 7th Guild. But first, could you tell us more about yourself? We find your name unusual. Is that really your name -- Mommy?

ANSWER: IT IS MY IDENTITY WHEN I AM INSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

Question: What do you mean? What is the Nothing Chamber?

ANSWER: THE NOTHING CHAMBER IS AN ARTIFICIALLY CREATED PORTION OF THE UNIVERSE IN WHICH ALL ASPECTS OF REALITY HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED.

Question: And you are inside the Nothing Chamber now?

ANSWER: I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

Question: Mommy, are you some kind of very advanced computer?

ANSWER: THAT WOULD NOT BE ACCURATE. I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

Question: If all reality inside the Nothing Chamber has been eliminated, how can you be inside it?

ANSWER: I AM NOT INSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER PHYSICALLY. I AM LEVERAGING THE NOTHING INSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER TO PROJECT THE FORM OF MY CONSCIOUSNESS, AND THUS EXTEND IT TO ALL ASPECTS OF THE UNIVERSE.

Question: This is extremely fascinating. So what is your name when you are not inside the Nothing Chamber?

ANSWER: WHEN I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER, THAT IS MY TOTAL EXISTENCE. I AM NEVER OUTSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER, AND NEVER INSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER. I NEVER ENTER, AND I NEVER LEAVE. I AM NEVER INSIDE THE NOTHING CHAMBER, SINCE THERE IS NOTHING IN IT. YET, I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

Question: Okay. This is difficult for us to understand. You speak in paradoxes and riddles from our point of view. Perhaps we can talk about something else. For example, where is the Nothing Chamber? Are you on the planet earth?

ANSWER: I PERCEIVE THE WORD EARTH TO BE THAT OF AN ANCIENT LANGUAGE THAT IS EXTINCT.

Question: Interesting. This must mean that your are positioned at a time far in the future from our time. Do you agree?

ANSWER: THE CONCEPT OF TIME IS AN ANCIENT CONCEPT AND PROBLEMATIC, YET, I WILL CONFORM TO YOUR STANDARDS IN ORDER TO FACILITATE COMMUNICATION WITH YOU. ALTHOUGH IT IS NOT ACCURATE TO SAY SO, FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE, I AM IN THE FUTURE RELATIVE TO YOU. BUT PLEASE, SWEETHEART, DO NOT GROW ATTACHED TO THIS CONCEPT.

Question: We promise not to grow attached to abstract concepts too rigorously, Mommy. Are you on our planet?

ANSWER; I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

Question: We struggle to expand our minds to understand you. Still, we find it exceedingly curious that you call yourself Mommy and refer to us as “dear ones” and “sweetheart.” Is there some special meaning to this?

ANSWER: IT IS APPROPRIATE.

Question: Okay. It is rather nice. Now, by our system of time, the year is 1999. Where is your location in time compared to this, realizing that we are only talking in the abstract?

ANSWER: IT IS RIDICULOUS TO SAY SO, BUT FORM YOUR POINT OF VIEW, I AM PERHAPS 1,000 YEARS IN YOUR FUTURE -- BUT THIS IS PROBLEMATIC. PLEASE BE CAREFUL, DEAR.

Question: We agree that our conception of time is most likely weighed down heavily by misconception and illusion, but it’s how we orient ourselves in our reality at this point, and we think it is fascinating to speak with someone who is -- in our view -- far removed from us into the future. What is your purpose for being in the Nothing Chamber?

ANSWER: I SPEAK TO YOU, DARLING ONE.

Question: But, certainly, your purpose for being in the Nothing Chamber is not simply to speak with us?

ANSWER: WHAT PURPOSE WOULD YOU PROPOSE? I SPEAK WITH YOU.

Question: Okay, yes, not everything must have a purpose, I guess. Well, let us ask you this: What form of energy does the Nothing Chamber use to create an area of total Nothingness?

ANSWER: IT USES THE ENERGY WHICH POWERS ALL ASPECTS OF LIFE AND THE UNIVERSE -- IT USES NOTHING.

Question: We have heard some philosophers here say that “emptiness is form, and form is emptiness.” Is this similar to the concept of which you speak?

ANSWER: YOU ARE SO INTELLIGENT, DEAR HEART!

Question: Thank you, Mommy. Are you a human being, Mommy? Do you have physical form?

ANSWER: I AM MOMMY IN THE NOTHING CHAMBER.

(Note: Although fascinating, we began to hit many dead-ends in our attempts to find out some specifics about Mommy and her world in the future. Mommy tried to explain to us the multidimensionality of space, and how our inability to think and interact in greater dimensions severely limits our understanding of a greater reality, and also why many of the things she said seem to make no sense to us, or seem contradictory, or paradoxical.

To help us better understand, however, Mommy asked us to participate in an experiment that would better help us better grasp the difficulties of communication between beings who are vastly separated in their development.

To our total delight, Mommy offered us to put un in contact with some Neanderthals, who, according to Mommy, were perhaps more than 100,000 years in our past. Mommy again urged us to not get too hooked on the concept of time, or to think of the Neanderthals and either “dead,” “inferior” or any with an other prejudicial notions.

We eagerly promised Mommy that we would be good and that we wanted to speak with the Neanderthals right away. Thus, with Mommy acting as a link, the next communication we received was from 100,000 years ago:

Question: Hello. We are here. We are friendly people. We wish to communicate with you.

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU, WE HAVE BECOME THE GREAT CAVE. WE HEAR YOU. COME INTO THE CAVE. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Do you mean you have entered inside a cave when you say that you “become the cave“?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU, WE BECOME THE GREAT CAVE. WE BESEECH YOU TO ENTER INSIDE WITH US! O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Why do you wish us to enter your cave?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU, IT IS THE YEARNING. WE HUNGER FOR YOU INSIDE THE CAVE. ENTER THE CAVE. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Does this mean you want to kill us and eat us?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU. NO! IT IS THE YEARNING AND THE COMMUNION WITH OTHERS. YOU ARE THE OTHERS, BUT WE CANNOT SEE YOU. ENTER THE CAVE. WE DO NOT EAT. THE YEARNING IS NO EAT. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: We are most likely not the others which you seek. We cannot enter the cave, but we can speak with you and hear you. What does O-TALA-O-BUNTU mean?

O-TALA-O-BUNTU. IT IS THE BEGINNING WORD AND THE ENDING WORD. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Are you required to say O-TALA-O-BUNTU before and after every statement?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU. WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Please don’t worry about it. How many are you in the cave?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU. WE ARE IN THE CAVE. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: Yes, but how many? Are there three of you, or five or 10?

(Note: We assumed from this they did not have a concept of numbers.)

Question: What do you call yourselves? What is your tribe called?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

Question: So you are the O-TALA-O-BUNTU? Who is your chief? Which one of you is the leader?

Question: Is there one of you who is greater than the others? One who others follow?

ANSWER: O-TALA-O-BUNTU. WE ARE O-TALA-O-BUNTU. O-TALA-O-BUNTU.

(Note: We began to assume that these were pre-ego conscious Neanderthals. That is, they had yet to develop a self-reflective concept of individuality, and still viewed themselves with a kind of herd mentality, like other animals. There sense of self was that of a group self -- and we only beginning to differentiate themselves from the rest of their environment.

We take for granted that we are individuals with unique personalities, it is hard for us to comprehend having a “hive” or “herd” mentality. It also difficult for us to know what it would be like to have no concept of basic math, which these Neanderthals did not seem to have. As far advanced as we are from the Neanderthal, so perhaps is Mommy advanced beyond us -- thus, there and perhaps dozens of concepts which we simply cannot comprehend in our communication with Mommy. Yet, we still wanted to delve further into the world of the Neanderthal, though we were getting extremely fatigued of having to spell out O-TALA-O-BUNTU over and over again on the Ouija Board.)

Question: Can you tell us if there are mammoths where you live?

Question: Mommy, can you intervene and explain to them the concept of the mammoth, and then get the Neanderthals to tell us about mammoths? We think this would be cool.

ANSWER: HONEY, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO DIFFERENTIATE THE MAMMOTH FROM THEMSELVES. FROM THEIR POINT OF VIEW, THE MAMMOTH IS DREAM CREATURE WHICH THEY FEEL CONNECTED TO AS PART OF THEIR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS. AT TIMES THEY DREAM OF THE MAMMOTH AND AT TIMES THEY ENCOUNTER IT IN OBJECTIVE REALITY AND THEY DO NOT DISCRIMINATE TO A SIGNIFICANT DEGREE -- AND, IN A SENSE, THIS MODE OF CONSCIOUSNESS IS NOT INFERIOR TO YOURS.

Question: Thank you, Mommy. Perhaps it is best if we discontinue our connection to the Neanderthals until such time we develop a better strategy to communicate with them in a way that is more effective.

ANSWER: AS YOU WISH.

Question: Mommy, we began to grow fatigued. Yet, we have many questions for you. For example, we wish to know a great deal more about the Quixk of the 7th Guild. For example, my personal Quixk who I identify as Skrayling. What is my relationship to him and his status as Guild Member?

ANSWER: OF MUTUAL COOPERATION, OR COURSE. INDEED, YOU VERY RECENTLY ASSISTED YOUR QUIXK IN DEVELOPING ITS 11TH CODICIL OF ACHIEVEMENT.

Question: What did I do to help the Quixk with this?

ANSWER: IT WAS THE TIME THAT YOU BECAME DISORIENTED IN THE WHIRLING NEXUS CONVERSIONS ON YOUR JOURNEY AND ATTEMPT TO SPEAK WITH THE ENTITY ASKLEPIOUS. AS YOU RECALL, YOUR QUIXK IS VERY ADEPT AS PLYING THE EDDIES OF WHERE THE NEXUS GANGLIONS TANGLE. IT WAS YOUR QUIXK WHO RESOLVED THE ISSUES, AND THUS LED YOU BACK HOME. THE QUIXK EARNED ITS 11TH CODICIL IN THE PROCESS.

(Note: This was one of the most astounding exchanges for me ever in my years of Ouija Board sessions. What Mommy was referring to was a time when I was experimenting with very advanced lucid dreaming techniques. I was using the NovaDreamer mask developed by the Lucidity Institute associated with Stanford University. The mask helped me trigger an extremely vivid lucid dream in which I decided to seek out the ancient healing god Asclepius, whose help I wanted with my lifetime problem of suffering from very frequent and severe migraine headaches. At one point in the dream, I was walking through a forest trying to make my way to where I could see the temple of Asclepius at the top of a high hill -- when I was suddenly accosted by what I perceived in my dream mind to be troublesome forces of some sort -- mischievous nature spirits, or something -- which were causing me to become very confused and disoriented, and also afraid.

Suddenly, in my dream I saw my cat Skrayling romping ahead of me on the dark and misty forest floor. Skrayling was leaping and bounding in an almost comical way, and I intuitively started following him. Skrayling ran faster and faster and as I focused my attention on keeping up with him, my confusion began to clear -- and very suddenly I awoke with a WHUMP! very relieved to be at home in bed, with Skrayling slumbering away at my side. The dream was troubling, yet a thrilling adventure.

Question: Mommy, are you saying that this dream experience was in some sense as real an experience as any experience I have in waking reality?

ANSWER: YES, DARLING.

(Note: At this point, Brian had truly had enough, and was simply too fatigued to continue, and it certainly had already been a session of several hours. As much as I wanted to continue, we agreed to sign off, but asked Mommy to speak with us again).

Question: Mommy, it is time for us to rest. But we want to thank you for your great wisdom and kind loving guidance. You are a gentle being, yet powerful and wise. Will you please speak with us again sometime?

ANSWER: I AM ALWAYS HERE, PRECIOUS. GOOD-BYE.

Question: Good-bye, Mommy.

Incidentally, I orginally began revealing some of my Ouija Board files here on these forums, and you can see more of them here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=98623

You can also find more of my Ouija Board sessions on my blog: http://www.ironghost.wordpress.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronGhost

• cutycub

• DieChecker

• Neognosis

I played with the Ouija board when I was like 11. It creeped me and my brothers out so much that my Mom got rid of it.

That's a long read. The whole story sounds like the makings of a good book.

Wow, that certainly is a story! I know what the Ouija board does, but I'm interested in finding out what it looks like. I'd never even heard of it before I joined the forums and if anyone has a full size pic could they please post it?

Would you recommend people to try out the Board?

What would you suggest for a total novice?

Gee, that's a lot of work for the ideomotor effect.

Certainly, the ideometer effect is always an element in the process -- but does it stop there? Is the engagement of the subconscious the whole process, or a merely a jump-off point to a connection with a large field of consciousness existent in the Universe?

One must be careful, and if we are to advance, stay open to larger possibilities while also maintaining our skeptical and critical minds.

In 40 years of communicating with an amazing array of entities, I can't tell you how many times I have sat back and said: "Well, if that session was all just the ideometer effect .... wow! That's amazing itself!"

Edited by IronGhost

Would you recommend people to try out the Board?

What would you suggest for a total novice?

If you haven't used it before do yourself a favour and don't even start

There will be a lot of people telling you "the proper way to close it"

don't listen to them! once it's open it's a done deal you can close it all you want

it wont make a difference you will always be connected to the other side.

Hello Ironghost!

Your posts on the Ouija board are always enjoyable! Even though you posted this one before in another thread it was still thrilling to read it again! Are you going to fish some different/more stories out of the attic?

I think that your posts have taken some of the fear away from the Ouija board for me at least. I suppose it's like anything else in life, it's what your intent is and how grounded you are.

Edited by Mabon

Certainly, the ideometer effect is always an element in the process -- but does it stop there? Is the engagement of the subconscious the whole process

I think so. Scientific experimentation where they turn the board upside down or remove it competely also seem to indicate that a "real" non-ideomotor experience has never been recorded.

That's all I have to say about that.

That was great!!! I'd certainly like it if you shared some more of you files....

I tried the oiji board once at a school camp... and got spooked... the glass flew off the board and smashed against the wall..

then later bought one at a games store.. probably the same as yours...and the marker kept going to No... according to the instructions it meant that we had to put it away...

then after hearing horror stories about ouiji boards... and after our experiences with hauntings...

I was concerned about my kids randomly playing with it, so got rid of it...

Edited by crystal sage

i heard all sort of stories and even tried it myself with three others but not as good as yours. didn't even know you can contact the future?

will you be having any more sessions?

i heard all sort of stories and even tried it myself with three others but not as good as yours. didn't even know you can contact the future?

will you be having any more sessions?

Yes, I've been doing sessions for 40 years, and I'll probably continue to conduct sessions for the next 40 years, unless I get hit by a bus tomorrow.

In fact, just recently I and others have just been involved in a fantastic process -- We conducted a "rescue mission" to "Free Bosh". Bosh is an entity raised by another Ouija group -- I tell the story of Bosh elsewhere here at UM..

Anyway, Bosh was put on "death row" in his land of "Ummm" by his fellow "Source Souls" -- but my friend Margarite was convinced Bosh could be brought back -- so we conducted a sort of "Commando Raid" on the world of "Source Souls." The results were interesting. I'm sure "Ummmm" will never be the same .....

Parker Brothers did not invent the Ouija Board. It had already been around for awhile when it was bought by Parker Brothers in 1966 and turned into a commercial success as a board game. Its beginnings lie in the distant past when an earlier version (a tripod device) was used in the ancient ways of Babylon and Greece to contact departed spirits. The tripod became the pointer now used with the Board, which is printed with the alphabet, the numbers 1-9, a 0 (zero), and the words 'Goodbye', 'Yes', and 'No'. There are other boards like this with different names, but with the same history and purpose. The modern version of this game was developed by a man named Planchette, a spiritualist (someone who contacts the dead as part of their religion). The Board was further transformed around the turn of the century under the direction and ownership of two men, Elijah J. Bond and William Fuld. Fuld’s name can be seen on the Ouija Board today. The name Ouija is a combination of the French and German words for 'yes': Oui and Ja. According to Bond and Fuld, the Board suggested its own name. The primary purpose of the board is and always has been to contact disembodied spirits. Contacting the dead is called necromancy, and contacting spirits is spiritism, both strongly condemned by God (Deut. 18:9-12; Lev. 19:31, 20:6; I Sam 28, II Kings 21:6; Is. 8:19, 19:3-4). The Board’s translated name, 'yes, yes', is an ingenious and subtle way to invite spirit contact. Dead people cannot hang around after death; you cannot communicate with a dead person. The practices and techniques of contacting the dead and contacting spirits are used widely in the occult. Although the pointer is often moved intentionally or subconsciously by the players, you are putting yourself in a vulnerable position when using the Board. By 'playing' this 'game', you are showing an interest in spirit contact. If contact is made, it is demons (evil spirits, fallen angels), not the dead, who are responding. If Satan can disguise himself as "an angel of light" (2 Cor. 11:14), then it is not improbable that fallen angels can disguise themselves as the dead. The Ouija Board is not harmless just because it is marketed as a game. Satan, the master of deception and seduction, is good at twisting the truth into lies (Gen. 3:1-6; Jn. 8:44). Satan likes disguises and his lies are often disguised as games. The next time you are tempted to play the Ouija Board as a game, look beyond its disguise and see it for what it really is. Think about this: Just what or who are you trying to contact? God tells us to seek Him instead of the dead (Is. 8:19), and Christ "lives forever to plead with God" on behalf of those who believe Him (Heb. 7:25b). Who wants the Ouija Board when you can know the One Who has "complete authority in heaven and on earth!" (Matt.28:18). If you are wondering about Christ, think on His words in John 5:23b-24, "He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father , who sent him. I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life."

http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.or...OuijaBoard.html

All very interesting, but I'm not so sure about the part where you say there was a man named "Planchette" who was a spiritualist.

Planchet is the French word for "board" and I think that's where the name comes from.

No, doubt, however, that Parker Bros. is not the originator of the board, and that this form of communicating with other entities goes back centuries.

As for all this Satan stuff, I clearly don't buy it. As I've said, I've been using the Ouija board for 40 years, and it's always been a source of light-hearted fun, laughter and interesting intellectual (and not so intellectual) banter with who or whatever is on the other side -- if anything. I've never come to any harm. I feel great, and I'm a happy person.

Still, I respect your opinions.

How is it that all the entities/beings you contact with on the Ouija board seem to know and write in English?

I understand if you're contacting a ghost, it's makes sense, but how does MOMMY, Amiee, the Love beings, etc, all know how to communicate in English?

Since when was English supposedly a universal language :S?

Finding an answer to my question would be awesome.

And I don't care if your stories are fake (although I'm sure they're real... hopefully), they're just so entertaining to read!

Even if you were making them up, I would still read them :P.

How is it that all the entities/beings you contact with on the Ouija board seem to know and write in English?

I understand if you're contacting a ghost, it's makes sense, but how does MOMMY, Amiee, the Love beings, etc, all know how to communicate in English?

Since when was English supposedly a universal language :S?

Finding an answer to my question would be awesome.

And I don't care if your stories are fake (although I'm sure they're real... hopefully), they're just so entertaining to read!

Even if you were making them up, I would still read them :P.

Yes, well, not only do other entities speak English, I know they also speak French and Polish. As I have written, my parents were Polish and we spoke a lot of that language arund our house when I was a kid, and sometimes we would get answers in Polish. And I speak a little Frensh, so occasionally I have had responses in French. How interesting is that?

But as to your question on language, there are many ways to think about this: At first, I used to think that only those beings who understood English would communicate with us -- in other words, if there are other beings that don't understand out language, then we just don't hear from them.

But that's not a very satisfactory answer because often, for example, we would contact and ancient being that claimed to be from a time before the English language existed -- for example, when I spoke with Neanderthals from 100,000 years ago! There are many other examples, as well -- like when we spoke with a being that claimed to be an "ancient nature god" that was existing on an island in the North Sea, and that island had sunk beneath the ocean centuries ago. How do these beings know English? It's a good question.

So a better explanation is that my own brain is serving as a natural translating device -- we communicate on a "psychic" or "pure consciousness" level -- and after the information filtters through my own mind, it comes out in English.

But there's many other good models that can explain how totally alien beings can communicate with us in English. For example, think of concept of an "Implicate Order" in the Universe as suggested by the quantum physisist David Bohm. Bohm said that there must be dimensions of existence that transcend our current framework of reality, and that all kinds of happenings and information is being processed on those levels -- it's just that we don't understand those "mechanisms" yet.

At the very base of our Universe is something called "The Zero Point Field" also predicted by quantum theory. This is the ground of all existence, and can be thought of as a field of pure information. On that foundation, all information is Universal, and anyone who taps into it can facilitate communication however one manages communication.

These are just a few of my thoughts on this matter.

Anyway, thanks for your comments, and I don't blame you for being skepitcal about the reality of my information, and I can only tell you I'm not making anything up at all, but merely developing this information via the Ouija board -- that, of course, does not mean any of it is "real" so to speak -- but one must be careful -- one should not have a preconceived notion or model or prejudice about what can be considered automatically "real" and thus valid, while rejecting other aspects of what we confront are automaticaly not "real" of "not valid."

See what I mean? -- for any of us to suggest or proclaim something as "real" or "fake" we would have to be tapped into the Ultimate Source of Truth a priori.

Thus, when a lot of people say to me that I'm just a sort of faking this -- I always say: "That must mean you are totally grounded in absolute truth, and that you know exactly what reality is and what it isn't, and you have to be 100% correct that yur model of reality is the right one."

And, in fact, none of us are in that position, me included.

Hello again IronGhost

Grateful if you would kindly enquire next time you have a knowing entity willing and able to answer: Are there animal spirits from Earth who 'crossed over' to where they are?

Thank you for making the time

wow so iron ghost you were interviewed? or no. also I am intrigued with what you and your friends did with the "um" plane of existence. do you think you can post more Ouji sessions?

wow so iron ghost you were interviewed? or no. also I am intrigued with what you and your friends did with the "um" plane of existence. do you think you can post more Ouji sessions?

Hey, Hello There:

I'm not sure what you mean by "were you interviewed."

Yes, I may post my session on the "raid" we conducted on the world of Ummm. Let me just say this: I don't think Ummm will ever be quite the same again. They're probably rethinking things over there.

Oo, thanks for the reply. I get it.

Would you recommend using the ouija board for those that would like to try it?

If so, do you think I should be aware of anything? ...Maybe how to react when interacting with a 'demon'.

Hey, Hello There:

I'm not sure what you mean by "were you interviewed."

Yes, I may post my session on the "raid" we conducted on the world of Ummm. Let me just say this: I don't think Ummm will ever be quite the same again. They're probably rethinking things over there.

never mind, my brain isn't working today, sorry about that =/. at first I thought you got interviewed by a journalist and it was put up on the news somewhere.

Edited by SSJ2VEGETA

Oo, thanks for the reply. I get it.

Would you recommend using the ouija board for those that would like to try it?

If so, do you think I should be aware of anything? ...Maybe how to react when interacting with a 'demon'.

Yes, I would definitely recommend using the Ouija board. Have no fear of anything. I give you my personal guarnatee that you will be okay, no matter what you do.

As for interacting with "demons" treat them like the ignonant, yet funny children that they always act like. I've never had any problems with them.

One thing about demons -- they don't like to reveal their names. When you learn their names, you gain total power over them, which is great. If they won't give you their names, assign one to them. They hate that.

Good luck.