Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grab your dinghy

Moon Monkey

Looks like the east coast of the UK is in real danger of serious flooding. Big storm from Iceland surging down the north sea and there is a good chance it will coincide with peak tide. Flood defences expected to be breached.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1292155,00.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Username Deleted

• stevewinn

• Celumnaz

• Moon Monkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the east coast of the UK is in real danger of serious flooding. Big storm from Iceland surging down the north sea and there is a good chance it will coincide with peak tide. Flood defences expected to be breached.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1292155,00.html

What does grabbing my dinghy have to do with flooding? :huh:

I think that this is just the start to a trend that will continue and only get worse every passing year. Try to keep dry over there guys and gals.

Professor Philip Green of the Flood Hazard Research Centre told Sky News: "I would recommend that people living behind high defences, particularly in bungalows, do not go to sleep tonight and have you have checked the flood warnings."

Get out! Don't hang around like some did here waiting for someone else to evacuate them. Get out!

If it don't happen, cool go home. If it does, at least you're alive to decide what to do next.

Where'd this surge come from?

Where'd this surge come from?

Well, Celumnaz...when a mommy surge and a daddy surge love each other very much...

What does grabbing my dinghy have to do with flooding? :huh:

DINGHY not THINGHY !!

all the posh arses live down there, they wont have a dinghy, they'll all be getting on Daddys yatch, :D people in that part of the country want to start moving furniture upstairs, if it does flood i bet we still get the gob sh**es who'll be crying on the news i've lost everything, all because they never heeded the warning. :passifier:

all the posh arses live down there, they wont have a dinghy, they'll all be getting on Daddys yatch, :D people in that part of the country want to start moving furniture upstairs, if it does flood i bet we still get the gob sh**es who'll be crying on the news i've lost everything, all because they never heeded the warning. :passifier:

Yeh, and every normal blokes insurance doubles to pay for the claims because they wanted a home with a sea view. Its like these pillocks who buy next to rivers because they like to see the swans from their patio every morning.

Well perhaps. But the east coast also includes Skegness and Ingolmels. BRING IT ON :P

Well, Celumnaz...when a mommy surge and a daddy surge love each other very much...

Oh great. Just great. :(

Thank you SO much Bruce. I'd just bought a new keyboard as well. :angry:

Now it's has got tea sprayed all over it :D:tu:

Meow giggle Purr.

I'm about 100 yards from the suffolk coast in Lowestoft, the police have just been round and told us to leave, great. :( I'm not leaving because my house is on 3 stories so i should be fine. Might not be on line for a while though.

I'm about 100 yards from the suffolk coast in Lowestoft, the police have just been round and told us to leave, great. :( I'm not leaving because my house is on 3 stories so i should be fine. Might not be on line for a while though.

Unlucky 111. I live about as far from the sea as you can get but still have to pay extra insurance for risk of flooding :D

Unlucky 111. I live about as far from the sea as you can get but still have to pay extra insurance for risk of flooding :D

I'm 2 rooms away from finishing renovating this house too. It's not my day.

I'm 2 rooms away from finishing renovating this house too. It's not my day.

Have you ever tried that thing the dutch do? Removable seal thingys over all openings that could let water in. No link, just read about it once.

Have you ever tried that thing the dutch do? Removable seal thingys over all openings that could let water in. No link, just read about it once.

I've never heard of it tbh, to late now though, it's due in under twelve hours, the water is only a foot from breaching the docks already, and we haven't had the surge yet.

Dont forget to stock up on water, fill the bath, pots and pans just incase it floods and they cut the water supply.

Dont forget to stock up on water, fill the bath, pots and pans just incase it floods and they cut the water supply.

I'm doing that as we speak, i've cleared all valueables from the bottom floor, plenty of candles and water and dried and powered food. My other half used to take the p!ss out of me for my camping and survival gear, she's not laughing now :D

I'm doing that as we speak, i've cleared all valueables from the bottom floor, plenty of candles and water and dried and powered food. My other half used to take the p!ss out of me for my camping and survival gear, she's not laughing now :D

:lol:

stay safe :tu:

wow good luck 111. I wouldn't stay, seen videos of houses going down the street/collapsing in floods. Best to you and yours.

Thanks Celumnaz. :) I did think about that but it's a big old victorian house and it's built like a german tank. Plus were not at the end of the block so we should be fine.

And you just KNOW that within hours of the flood-surge, the local water company will order a hosepipe ban 'cos they're short of water. :(

Meow Purr.

I hope it bypasses you 111, and hits London (no not really just think its time we moved our political and financial centres away from a flood plain, global warming don't you know)