Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is hydrokinesis real?

MechPenProdigy

hi all, I was just wondering if hydrokinesis is real or just made up. I also wanna know what neat things u can do with it. Im very curious!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MechPenProdigy

• Sporkling

• drakonwick

No. Even if psychic powers are real (there is still no proof whether they are real or not), hydrokinesis is not real, because it would just be telekinesis. Since everything is made of atoms it just doesn't make sense that you can move one kind of material and not another. Just like normal muscle power; it's not like you can move a pen with your hand, but you cannot move a pencil, just because one is made of plastic and the other is made of wood.

hi all, I was just wondering if hydrokinesis is real or just made up.

Well I'm sure if it was real the good people who can do would offer you some proof of their claims. That's just my opinion.

Gene

No. Even if psychic powers are real (there is still no proof whether they are real or not), hydrokinesis is not real, because it would just be telekinesis. Since everything is made of atoms it just doesn't make sense that you can move one kind of material and not another. Just like normal muscle power; it's not like you can move a pen with your hand, but you cannot move a pencil, just because one is made of plastic and the other is made of wood.

hmm, you know scorpion makes a facinating point. anyone else have a take on this? and is anyone out there with hydrokinesis (or states they do since I doubt someone has proof) it would be nice to get their opinion on this matter

Edited by DarkSoldier

thank you for the post i really love it

gene

Is this even your thread? No ... so whats your reason for trying to take it over?

I think DarkSoldier is capable of adressing people in his own thread for replying ... he just did in fact.

Make your own thread and control that.

Well I'm sure if it was real the good people who can do would offer you some proof of their claims. That's just my opinion.

well gene, as we all know im guessing about 85% of users who say they have some sort of kinetic ability are lying, which sux because that means the other 15% who actually might have somethhing worth talking about will be ridiculed as well. And another thing though, I have posted several odd videos on youtube (of verious paranormal activities and abilities from different people) all of which were blocked and removed from the site due to "occultism". none the less if u really want people to believe u u gotta try.

Hydrokinesis is the supposed ability to 'move' water, there is no verifiable or tangible evidence to support that such an ability exists nor that it is any different from telekinesis even if it did exist.

Even if psychic powers are real (there is still no proof whether they are real or not), hydrokinesis is not real, because it would just be telekinesis. Since everything is made of atoms it just doesn't make sense that you can move one kind of material and not another. Just like normal muscle power; it's not like you can move a pen with your hand, but you cannot move a pencil, just because one is made of plastic and the other is made of wood.

The concept of being able to psychokinetically manipulate specific subtances stems from modern media influences such as the X-Men, for example Magneto can manipulate metal and there are also characters who can manipulate fire and ice; these are exactly the abilities that are often claimed by alleged telekinetics. These abilities are being popularised more and more in films, books and on television and it's not surprising therefore that some people are now convinced that either these are real or that they actually possess such abilities themselves.

I'm a believer of a lot of things DarkSoldier. I just have no reason to believe in any PSI ability ... I'm sorry, I just don't have any reason to.

The things I believe in I have reasons for ... I'm not one to put blind faith in something, maybe some others should consider that too. Not everything you read is true ... although I like to think that PSI does exist ... I have nothing to support my suspicions.

I think anything is completely possible. I really do ..... but when some kid comes on here saying that he can fly and that his powers only work when no1 is around ... well ..... you be the judge.

Cheers,

Gene

Is this even your thread? No ... so whats your reason for trying to take it over?

I think DarkSoldier is capable of adressing people in his own thread for replying ... he just did in fact.

Make your own thread and control that.

oh i'll do that someday but you never go to any of my threads

I know what ya mean gene cus I didnt believe any of that till I saw it for myself. but yeah, I know exactly what u mean about these kids that come on and say they have amazing abilities without reason proof or facts of any kind. for example, there was this kid on the other day (his post got locked thank god) who said he could fly and he could teach u how. he gave a step by step instructions on how to do it. that kids crazy and coulda hurt some people if u ask me. but honostly im surprised, no one has burst in saying they can do hydrokinesis, is it possible people are maturing? and woe stop pickin a fight ;)

Crywingwoe, stick to the topic being discussed please.

I know what ya mean gene cus I didnt believe any of that till I saw it for myself. but yeah, I know exactly what u mean about these kids that come on and say they have amazing abilities without reason proof or facts of any kind. for example, there was this kid on the other day (his post got locked thank god) who said he could fly and he could teach u how. he gave a step by step instructions on how to do it. that kids crazy and coulda hurt some people if u ask me. but honostly im surprised, no one has burst in saying they can do hydrokinesis, is it possible people are maturing? and woe stop pickin a fight ;)

Thats the one I had in mind when I said what I did. It's ridiculous ... some people are so naive that they could listen to something like that and without a thought go out and jump off a house of worse a big building because some guy told them they could fly. It did get locked and thats a good thing I guess.

I do want to believe everyone ... but like you said the 85% that come here telling fibs, well they ruin it for the 15% that do have a legit thing going for them.

People may be maturing when they see that as soon as they post something and can't even back it up that they look like an idiot ... which could deter the real deals from posting you know. It's a shame so many people just want to be something extraordinary and popular.

Woe isn't picking a fight. He/she is just dissapointed that no1 visits his/her threads.

A good idea is to post something worth reading, that'll get you posts to your threads.

Gene

i agree that encouraging people to jump out of windows is dangerous many people will die. Like the person who asked people to commit suicide

and i am also trying to do a good post.

wsh me luck

good luck woe, but yeah gene it is a real shame. These next 2 sentences are to those who are ruining it for the people with real abilities and special talents. STOP MAKIN UP CRAP TO MAKE YOURSELVES SOUND SPECIAL! IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT U CAN OR CANT DO IT WONT MAKE OYU ANY MORE SPECIAL THAN WAT U ALREADY ARE!

Actually the 85/15% rate is incorrect! You cannot have a percentage on something

that has no verifiable proof. In actuality, I suppose the percentage is 0%. You can

check this for yourself if you like! But, taking into concideration that the percentages

you are using are from what you believe doesn't make it a valid claim.

(DarkSoldier @ Nov 10 2007, 02:24 PM) *

I know what ya mean gene cus I didnt believe any of that till I saw it for myself.

Are you sure what you seen was actually a psychokinetic ability? You really have to question

these things before just automatically assuming such abilities are real.

There could easily be a scientific reason underlying what you seen that may explain it.

Regards,

Tom

Actually the 85/15% rate is incorrect! You cannot have a percentage on something

that has no verifiable proof. In actuality, I suppose the percentage is 0%. You can

check this for yourself if you like! But, taking into concideration that the percentages

you are using are from what you believe doesn't make it a valid claim.

Are you sure what you seen was actually a psychokinetic ability? You really have to question

these things before just automatically assuming such abilities are real.

There could easily be a scientific reason underlying what you seen that may explain it.

Regards,

Tom

well tom, first off I didnt say that was an exact %. 2nd of all I have no need to explain to you anything since clearly you wouldnt believe me anyways, nor would I expect u too. but believe me when I say it was. me and a few friends ran a few tests on several things and we are planning to run another series of tests for a science project on Astral Projection. I got the idea from a thread on these forums

Ages ago there was a guy on here claiming he was hydrokinetic because he could move floating objects (such as a toothpick) from the center of to the side of a small body of water, such as a drinkng glass or sink.

I did two videos myself to prove that the reality of these things is that if that water is any minute deviation from room temperature...the object will move. If you set the object into the water yourself, which you have to in order for it to be centred...it will move. Heck, I'm pretty sure Brownian motion would eventually move it to the side eventually, even under ideal conditions.

Point is, that's the kind of thing people tend to use as "proof" of hydrokinesis, and it's easily proven to be a load of BS.

So no, don't waste your time trying hydrokinesis.

well tom, first off I didnt say that was an exact %. 2nd of all I have no need to explain to you anything since clearly you wouldnt believe me anyways, nor would I expect u too. but believe me when I say it was. me and a few friends ran a few tests on several things and we are planning to run another series of tests for a science project on Astral Projection. I got the idea from a thread on these forums

Interesting, I would like to see how these tests work out myself!

Do you think you could make a thread pertaining to these tests, and give everyone

a chance to see how it plays out?

Ages ago there was a guy on here claiming he was hydrokinetic because he could move floating objects (such as a toothpick) from the center of to the side of a small body of water, such as a drinkng glass or sink.

I did two videos myself to prove that the reality of these things is that if that water is any minute deviation from room temperature...the object will move. If you set the object into the water yourself, which you have to in order for it to be centred...it will move. Heck, I'm pretty sure Brownian motion would eventually move it to the side eventually, even under ideal conditions.

Point is, that's the kind of thing people tend to use as "proof" of hydrokinesis, and it's easily proven to be a load of BS.

I remember those videos! You did a great job.

It's interesting how simple science can easily debunk such bold claims.

Regards,

Tom

Edited by Tom R

well gene, as we all know im guessing about 85% of users who say they have some sort of kinetic ability are lying, which sux because that means the other 15% who actually might have somethhing worth talking about will be ridiculed as well. And another thing though, I have posted several odd videos on youtube (of verious paranormal activities and abilities from different people) all of which were blocked and removed from the site due to "occultism". none the less if u really want people to believe u u gotta try.

Actually I have to agree w/Tom on this one DS -

Your "guess" is not even close - for there isn't even 15% of sorta, kinda, maybe evidence that any kinesis powers existing. Again in order for you to have guess this 15% - you would have to have some credible and verifiable evidence. There isn't any to be found any where around the planet. U cannot even find any on Utube or Google video - that are not easily debunked as Illusions, Scams, Cons or ignorance of the actual facts (science) not Psi that was at play .....

That is why one really does need a good working understanding of Science b/4 they accept any and all claims of Psi powers ... other wise one is operating in ignorance and that's not good.

So until you have credible and verifiable evidence to support your guess of 15% it is wrong - very wrong ..... and not even a good guess.

Yes but if they can move the toothpick any direction they choose?