Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is hydrokinesis real?

MechPenProdigy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MechPenProdigy

• Sporkling

• drakonwick

not sure

good morning good morning nice to see your angry face

Morning? Is it morning where you are, or do you have the ability to manipulate time a well?

or do you have the ability to manipulate time a well?

He probably does. Being completely deluded about your own reality has it's perks.

Edited by angrycrustacean

its morning here

Having consulted your profile...who says good morning at 2 AM?

and no i cannot manipulate time either

Well heck. I was hoping you could turn back time so I could remember to avoid speaking to you.

Ages ago there was a guy on here claiming he was hydrokinetic because he could move floating objects (such as a toothpick) from the center of to the side of a small body of water, such as a drinkng glass or sink.

I did two videos myself to prove that the reality of these things is that if that water is any minute deviation from room temperature...the object will move. If you set the object into the water yourself, which you have to in order for it to be centred...it will move. Heck, I'm pretty sure Brownian motion would eventually move it to the side eventually, even under ideal conditions.

Point is, that's the kind of thing people tend to use as "proof" of hydrokinesis, and it's easily proven to be a load of BS.

So no, don't waste your time trying hydrokinesis.

really? wow, thats pretty cool AC. and dont worry tom, I'll make a whole thread with all my results. and you're probably right Jj, I shouldnt have thrown out a number. but may I remind u it was not meant to be a scientific statement. More of a simple oppinion that explained how man people lie and dont lie about having abiliities.

actually its 10 am here just because i don't update my profile does not mean you can say things about it. WHy do you try to be skeptical about my time either. skeptics are all the same.

really? wow, thats pretty cool AC. and dont worry tom, I'll make a whole thread with all my results. and you're probably right Jj, I shouldnt have thrown out a number. but may I remind u it was not meant to be a scientific statement. More of a simple oppinion that explained how man people lie and dont lie about having abiliities.

Just remember DS! There is like an 85% chance that AP could be fake. Well that is just my guesstamation,

not a scientific fact! (LOL Just kidding with you DS!)

Anyway, I can't wait to see the results of you're tests.

Regards,

Tom

actually its 10 am here just because i don't update my profile does not mean you can say things about it. WHy do you try to be skeptical about my time either. skeptics are all the same.

Actually! Thats a very invalid statement. Not all skeptics are the same! Some can be quite harsh, while others would just like

some proof. Yes, some of us do tend to get out of hand at times with the joking etc.! But, we really don't mean anything by it.

Sorry if I upset you with the time manipulating!

Regards,

Tom

lol, yeah yeah. well I'll be starting tests soon enough. trying to set a specific date were we can do all tests at once. if it goes well I have an adition to the test in mind.

What kind of question is this?... Seriously. Of course it's real. I mean, the frickin' Mothman can do it. He visited me with an entourage of Aliens. They teleported right into my bedroom and told me, after waking me up from Astral Projection, that Bigfoot was on his way. Naturally, my first instinct was to snap his neck with TK, but he telepathically intercepted my thoughts and hit me upside the head with a Psi-ball. That'll learn me, right? ... Nah. You know me. I fought back. But before I could even think about moving, Bigfoot burst through the wall, accompanied by a pair of Black-eyed people. They held me down and we all teleported to just outside an abandoned structure on the moon. There was water here, and the Mothman, who had held on to bigfoot's... butt, I think (Can't be sure... there was a lot going on.), during the teleportation, used it to create a gyser underneath the building. The whole thing shot up at least seventy feet into the air before crashing down some distance away. I looked back and, wouldn't you know it, there sat the Mayan calender. Reacting quickly, I used my Psychic Vampire powers to stick my finger up the Black-Eyed people's noses and tickle their brains. That was fun. They fell off and I set them on fire with my pryrokineses. I then proceeded to take the calender. Ignoring the Mothman's cries of protest, I teleported back home. No sooner had I got back in bed, however, than the mothman appeared at my side with a glass of water. He told me that since I had proved an able accomplice in the destruction of the black-eyed people... and ultimately Bigfoot, since he used his psychic vampire powers to feed of off them, he was going to teach me Hydrokinesis. Before we could start, however, his cigar-shaped spaceship showed up, and he had to go terrorize some old-world village somewhere in Africa.

So, long story short, it is real. Very real. Believe. :alien:

(Uhm... this whole thing is a joke, obviously. Admins, Mods... PLEASE don't delete this. Please. ^_^ )

But really. No. It isn't real. Thousands have claimed to have a '-kinetic' gift, but not one has been able to prove it. As much as I want it to be real, all of the evidence, or lack thereof, says otherwise.

But one can dream, right? :D

good post to scorpian, although i guess i have to disagree to an extent, i believe there is such a thing as hydrokinesis, eg; you could have one person that can only move water because they havnt unlocked their ability to move solid objects yet, then another without the ability to move water but can move solid objects, but each have the same abilitys but have learnt them in different ways, each have the same potential to do what each other does but they havnt mastered it yet, so really we should classify them into two groups.

1. hydrokinetic

2. telekenetic

then we could make up a few words to describe people with both techniques eg;

hydrotelekinetic (the ones that learnt hydrokinesis first)

telehydrokinetic (the ones that learnt telekinesis first)

both really the same thing but lets us know which they learnt first, it could be useful if people were to do a survey into which ability they learnt first and also may show people which one may be easier to learn depending on the results.

Cheers

wow requiem. that musta been one big day :lol: but u know this post has been here a while and NOT ONE PERSON has barged in saying they can do hydrokinesis. Is it possible people are starting to realise how dumb they look? or are people tired of trying to prove themselves. I dunno, either way it makes no differnce to anyone else huh?

Nah. People don't realize how stupid they look until someone tells them, as harsh as that sounds. I've noticed, though, that 'believers' usually claim to have 'x-kinesis' for one of two reasons:

One - They want to be respected or looked up to. They're either extremely insecure, or extremely arrogant. Sadly, the latter seems to more prevailant among visitors to the site.

Or Two - They honestly want to believe that they're different in some way. They expect everyone to agree with them 100% and, ultimately, exalt them as Jesus 2.0.

Honestly, I hope they keep on coming; those threads are always fun to be a part of. ^_^

lol, yes yes, they truely are

Nah. People don't realize how stupid they look until someone tells them, as harsh as that sounds. I've noticed, though, that 'believers' usually claim to have 'x-kinesis' for one of two reasons:

One - They want to be respected or looked up to. They're either extremely insecure, or extremely arrogant. Sadly, the latter seems to more prevailant among visitors to the site.

Or Two - They honestly want to believe that they're different in some way. They expect everyone to agree with them 100% and, ultimately, exalt them as Jesus 2.0.

Honestly, I hope they keep on coming; those threads are always fun to be a part of. ^_^

Yes, I will have to agree with that! Whether it be trying to put a little sense into some of these peoples beliefs,

or just having fun reading the ridiculous claims! It's always fun.

Actually because of someone on this board and a small dialog I had with them. I took his information and contacted a number of friends that are jr high - high school counselors on this "Psi Energy" - "X-Men" powers....

1st: The counselors are well aware of this in the schools.

2nd: The students who seem to be a part of this 'cult' movement are:

......... Kids from broken homes.

......... Kids who are abused physically or verbally.

......... Kids who parents are never home.

......... Kids starving for any kind of attention they can get.

......... Kids looking for serious acceptance of any kind.

Also a majority of the kids they are/were aware of were on Emotional/Attention medication as well.

None of the kids came from, what is seen and understood as stable home environments. <-- Interesting point.

So this 'group' fills the emotional need of "belonging" - they do not care about it being "right" . "proof" - "credible" or anything else. A few even admitted to their counselors that they knew/know there was nothing to 'it'. It was they were accepted and belong and had friends.

That is why they find it hard when people on-line do not just 'believe' and 'accept' - because that is one of the 'rules' ... U do NOT challenge the claim, you just accept it, PERIOD! Other wise you are no longer a part of the group.This is one of the reasons for the emo's when we do challenge - we do not accept the "Code/Rule" of the 'group' ... therefore we do not 'belong' nor are we 'accepted'. We are "skeptics" we are "un-believers"

That is also why I've been told by a couple of my 'moles' in these various other on-line Psi Teen Websites, I'll be banned. I am a danger to the group as are others like me - we cause and create doubt -- doubt in people's claims are NOT welcomed .... sigh ....

Actually because of someone on this board and a small dialog I had with them. I took his information and contacted a number of friends that are jr high - high school counselors on this "Psi Energy" - "X-Men" powers....

1st: The counselors are well aware of this in the schools.

2nd: The students who seem to be a part of this 'cult' movement are:

......... Kids from broken homes.

......... Kids who are abused physically or verbally.

......... Kids who parents are never home.

......... Kids starving for any kind of attention they can get.

......... Kids looking for serious acceptance of any kind.

Also a majority of the kids they are/were aware of were on Emotional/Attention medication as well.

None of the kids came from, what is seen and understood as stable home environments. <-- Interesting point.

So this 'group' fills the emotional need of "belonging" - they do not care about it being "right" . "proof" - "credible" or anything else. A few even admitted to their counselors that they knew/know there was nothing to 'it'. It was they were accepted and belong and had friends.

That is why they find it hard when people on-line do not just 'believe' and 'accept' - because that is one of the 'rules' ... U do NOT challenge the claim, you just accept it, PERIOD! Other wise you are no longer a part of the group.This is one of the reasons for the emo's when we do challenge - we do not accept the "Code/Rule" of the 'group' ... therefore we do not 'belong' nor are we 'accepted'. We are "skeptics" we are "un-believers"

That is also why I've been told by a couple of my 'moles' in these various other on-line Psi Teen Websites, I'll be banned. I am a danger to the group as are others like me - we cause and create doubt -- doubt in people's claims are NOT welcomed .... sigh ....

Interesting, and quite sad! I really did not know it was really that bad on some of these children!

I will definitely keep this in mind from now on when I am making posts on these topics.

Thank you for the information Jj!

Regards,

Tom

Interesting, and quite sad! I really did not know it was really that bad on some of these children!

I will definitely keep this in mind from now on when I am making posts on these topics.

Thank you for the information Jj!

Regards,

Tom

That is one reason I will never say anything about their home life - yes it's sad ... but also as several counselors put it to me ... don't sugar coat either. They must be treated straight forward in the fantasy part ... present the clear facts of their claims, present the science and such. Present the challenges of science -v- fantasy and such .. so that they at least read it .... and do not stop. That is another reason I just don't quit ..... it's an escape.

The problem w/this escape is that some are starting to take into the real world and are getting physically hurt and emotionally hurt because of it.

That is one reason I will never say anything about their home life - yes it's sad ... but also as several counselors put it to me ... don't sugar coat either. They must be treated straight forward in the fantasy part ... present the clear facts of their claims, present the science and such. Present the challenges of science -v- fantasy and such .. so that they at least read it .... and do not stop. That is another reason I just don't quit ..... it's an escape.

The problem w/this escape is that some are starting to take into the real world and are getting physically hurt and emotionally hurt because of it.

I can understand how some kids feel today! I was an outcast myself, I wasn't treated the best when I was growing up.

Yes, we should keep trying to make these kids understand the flaws in what they believe. But, on the other hand maybe

we should try and be more of a friend as well! This could help them trust us more in the information we are trying to provide

for them.

hi all, I was just wondering if hydrokinesis is real or just made up. I also wanna know what neat things u can do with it. Im very curious!

Of course it's not real...

While lot's of people will say otherwise I have yet to see an real demonstration of such an ability under controlled conditions or even in front of an audience for that matter. This coupled with the fact that such abilities defy know laws of physics the evidence is stacked against the existence of such powers.

I can understand how some kids feel today! I was an outcast myself, I wasn't treated the best when I was growing up.

Yes, we should keep trying to make these kids understand the flaws in what they believe. But, on the other hand maybe

we should try and be more of a friend as well! This could help them trust us more in the information we are trying to provide

for them.

cmon tom, u should know that all kids are outcasts one way or another these days. lol, but seriously Jj, thats pretty sad but it can also be nothing more than a sterotype. after all, not all kids on anti depresants and crap think they have special powers ya know

cmon tom, u should know that all kids are outcasts one way or another these days. lol, but seriously Jj, thats pretty sad but it can also be nothing more than a sterotype. after all, not all kids on anti depresants and crap think they have special powers ya know

Agreed! Some of them are just down right lying. But, usually this can be easily seen!

There are some though that actually think they have some kind of gift, because of something that happened

to them or something they have seen! But, this is where they should think about it rationally instead of just

automatically assuming.

Kids will be kids I suppose. lol