Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Medium" - Or "Masters of the Obvious"?

Jjbreen

Why do we accept the claims of "Mediums" that do 'their thing' w/the stories and pictures and reports pre-posted?

Why is it we are told, "that it's not done this way ...." when we ask them their medium feelings, thoughts and such w/no information provided? Why is it, "it 's not done this way..", with these people? (Yes I know, I just wanted to see the question there for 'them' to read and see just how silly it looks ... )

This is just a 'tad' bogus, right? :blink:

I mean how hard is it to give feelings and thought w/all the information there to read and see? Anyone can do that! There is no medium powers in that. My son would call that: "Master of the Obvious!" :tu:

So how is it that we can validate these people if it's not through some tests? I mean other wise we are simply to 'take their word for it' and their 'references' - "see what I did "here" and "there" - I told people I agreed w/their stories!" :unsure2:

I"m sorry but does anyone else see the problems w/these kinds of claims? Also why this field cannot and is not taken seriously .... ?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SS79

• RX-7

• Sleeping with Fishes

• Jjbreen

Why do we accept the claims of "Mediums" that do 'their thing' w/the stories and pictures and reports pre-posted?

Why is it we are told, "that it's not done this way ...." when we ask them their medium feelings, thoughts and such w/no information provided? Why is it, "it 's not done this way..", with these people? (Yes I know, I just wanted to see the question there for 'them' to read and see just how silly it looks ... )

I mean how hard is it to give feelings and thought w/all the information there to read and see? Anyone can do that! There is no medium powers in that. My son would call that: "Master of the Obvious!" :tu:

So how is it that we can validate these people if it's not through some tests? I mean other wise we are simply to 'take their word for it' and their 'references' - "see what I did "here" and "there" - I told people I agreed w/their stories!" :unsure2:

I"m sorry but does anyone else see the problems w/these kinds of claims? Also why this field cannot and is not taken seriously .... ?

I believe it is taken seriously by many law enforcement agencies thru the Country. I dont believe what everyone tells me but there are people out there with abilities, no two ways about it. Its been my experience that certain people can tap into the other dimension and hear from those who have passed. Its not rocket science, its their lot in life..You cant put any medium or psychic on the spot and ask for something immediately because the images and voices come randomly, and only for certain open people. Its a two way street, one is the giver and one is the receiver. Thats all I have to say on this subject. JN

I believe it is taken seriously by many law enforcement agencies thru the Country. I dont believe what everyone tells me but there are people out there with abilities, no two ways about it. Its been my experience that certain people can tap into the other dimension and hear from those who have passed. Its not rocket science, its their lot in life..You cant put any medium or psychic on the spot and ask for something immediately because the images and voices come randomly, and only for certain open people. Its a two way street, one is the giver and one is the receiver. Thats all I have to say on this subject. JN

I agree with this, and yes some medium's are "masters of the obvious" like John Edwards as in south park lol. They did that pretty well, you go in an audience and say "I'm getting something that begins with an S" person #1 "ZOMG my name is Sam!" "Well Sam, someone is telling you to not worry about the money. Does that mean anything to you?" person #1 "O wow my grandpa just died and I was worrying so much from all the expenses!" In cases like that it's "masters of the obvious". However, I believe there are real ones out there and the best piece of evidence of it was on Ghost Hunters when they interviewed a medium and used a thermal camera and you can see the heat exchange as "energy". I'm sure someone here can find that clip on youtube and post it here. Validates my beliefs to me imo.

But JN -

Are those not the rare expections =vs= the 'norm' that a lot would like or have us to believe? Yes I will admit I have met the 'real thing' - but they are very rare and thus are not hard to see as the real thing!

Do you honestly think there are as 'many' out there that some would like people to believe? Be honest ....

Hey JJ

Good post

No no one should take these claims just like that. anything on the internet i take with a pinch of salt really . i have too. All we have to go on is a claim and a story .

It's getting better in the UK at the moment we have governing bodies and The fraudulant mediums act and such but it doesn't stop the fakes . they will always be present because there is a buck to be made . the only things organisations do is make it safer for the sitters of these mediums .

I was actually doing a project once on fraudulant mediums and was asked to view a group over a period of time . and join the training classes they had going on in which only members were able to read for the public and you have to pass certain tests before you can read, like assesments . however as soon as you became a member and paid your fees which you could do immediatly .you were able to read for other people supervised . Which i found shocking . the impact that these people can have on anothers life is massive . Some people hang on every word they say . do as they say . Luckilly this group wasnt a fear based group and had strict gidelines for what was allowed to be said ie no predicting . no negative stuff but still its amazing the power these people have over others with what they say . All newcomers were told that they had the gift they just had to trust it . so these newbies were reading within a day of joining .

so yes im all for testing and i think anyone who claims to be a medium should be tested especialy IF they are set up and running a business from it and should be willing to be so if asked . otherwise dont make the claim. But for some it still takes a personal reading to be proof enough. i have found that sometimes also that some skeptics are subjective when viewing the results so it works both ways imo

I have seen spirits but i'm by no means a medium . Although i was told by a well established medium here in the UK that i had the gift and that i could work for her so long as i shared my takings 60/40 of course :rolleyes: twadddle . seeing as these things come randomly too me and i have no control over them it hardly constitues being a medium however she thought it was enough lol she didnt last very long in her job

Its hard to take any medium seriously . unless something has been said to you personally that only you could know . ive seen a few very good that i dont know where they attained their info spirits /guides/psychically i dont know. they definitly didnt go through my garbage or my history on the net they were given a fake name , And i turned up on spec

But i always say think fake until proven otherwise .its the best defence IMO .

heck sorry thats so long .Got carried away :)

blessings SS79 x x x

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Hey JJ

Good post

No no one should take these claims just like that. anything on the internet i take with a pinch of salt really . i have too. All we have to go on is a claim and a story .

It's getting better in the UK at the moment we have governing bodies and The fraudulant mediums act and such but it doesn't stop the fakes . they will always be present because there is a buck to be made . the only things organisations do is make it safer for the sitters of these mediums .

I was actually doing a project once on fraudulant mediums and was asked to view a group over a period of time . and join the training classes they had going on in which only members were able to read for the public and you have to pass certain tests before you can read, like assesments . however as soon as you became a member and paid your fees which you could do immediatly .you were able to read for other people supervised . Which i found shocking . the impact that these people can have on anothers life is massive . Some people hang on every word they say . do as they say . Luckilly this group wasnt a fear based group and had strict gidelines for what was allowed to be said ie no predicting . no negative stuff but still its amazing the power these people have over others with what they say . All newcomers were told that they had the gift they just had to trust it . so these newbies were reading within a day of joining .

so yes im all for testing and i think anyone who claims to be a medium should be tested especialy IF they are set up and running a business from it and should be willing to be so if asked . otherwise dont make the claim. But for some it still takes a personal reading to be proof enough. i have found that sometimes also that some skeptics are subjective when viewing the results so it works both ways imo

I have seen spirits but i'm by no means a medium . Although i was told by a well established medium here in the UK that i had the gift and that i could work for her so long as i shared my takings 60/40 of course :rolleyes: twadddle .

Its hard to take any medium seriously . unless something has been said to you personally that only you could know . ive seen a few very good that i dont know where they attained their info spirits /guides/psychically i dont know. they definitly didnt go through my garbage or my history on the net they were given a fake name , And i turned up on spec

But i always say think fake until proven otherwise .its the best defence IMO .

heck sorry thats so long .Got carried away :)

blessings SS79 x x x

It was a great post =) It wasn't too long! I know people probably get annoyed with me since most of my posts are 1000000 pages long LOL. =D

It was a great post =) It wasn't too long! I know people probably get annoyed with me since most of my posts are 1000000 pages long LOL. =D

Thanks amroth . i somtimes garble on LOL it was twice longer than that before i deleted it all and re wrote it . hope you enjoyed your birthday x

Well I have only been reading-not posting-not wanting to get bashed again. Thanks for having an open and intuitive mind. Not everything can be quantified-even though that would make life a lot easier. If I had my way I would not want this so-called gift. It has brought me more misery and pain than I can imagine. I haven't helped that many people at all. I honestly think it is a by-product of either sensitivity or the amount of experiences one has in life that evolves their soul. I have been this way since I was three. My birth-mother whom I did not grow up with was also this way, as was her mother and her father. Our family is Romanian, Scottish and Italian. The Romanian side has these abilities. I cannot control what comes in. I can strengthen myself against the darker energies, but it is a bit like walking down a busy street. You see this person, you see that person. I know their are a lot of skeptics out there-that's good. It is always good to have a critical perspective. I am skeptical too. I don't have a spirit guide-I don't even know what that is. But I do see and feel and hear spirits or other beings everyday. Most times I cannot make out what they want or what they need. What I hear is said too fast or it's just not audible. I don't want to fight with anyone here.....I think we all have a connection to the other realms. Some people are just closer to those realms at different times than others.

Kate

I don't know that it would be considered a field. We all have the ability to use our intuition to some degree or another. I myself have come into contact with numerous frauds that just want to shake me down for a quick buck. But just because someone makes a living at this and has their own process doesn't mean they are not authentic. Who knows in the end what this is all about. But I think we can safely say that there are people who have a unique connection to the spiritual realm. And we can also say there are opportunists that will take advantage of this idea and cash in.

Kate

Again, you're making a colossal generalisation. We have established that there are many fake mediums, and if your post is directed at them, then more power to you. But there are certainly mediums aren't at all 'a tad bogus.'

Deb Webber is given a photograph of a murder victim. She does not look at the photograph. It is placed face-down before her. All this is aired on national television and the television show is legally required to supervise and watch her non-stop. She then picks up an 'energy' from the photograph, and claims that the 'spirit of the deceased' is present and proceeds to say:

1) the sex of the victim.

2) the age of the victim.

3) the former residence of the victim

4) the personality of the victim

5) the nature of the victim's death

In each of these things, she is absolutely correct. Now, there is absolutely no verifiable proof to suggest that Deb picks up an 'energy' from the photograph, nor that she communicates with the victim's spirit. But we do know this - that prior to the filming of the reading she has absolutely no idea who or what she is going to be presented with, nor has she done any research - she has given all this information on the spot.

So how did she do this? One who was still disinclined to believe in the supernatural side of things could try and claim that she guessed the information. Which is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

No wonder Deb Webber, among a small handful of other carefully selected mediums, is constantly requested to aid police in solving crimes.

I will say again: There are many, many false mediums out there, who are accurately described in Jj's post. However, there are exceptions, such as Deb Webber, described above, who simply cannot be ruled out as false. It would be close-minded and irrational to do so.

While searching for psychics to partake in the television show described above, TVNZ interviewed over 60 'psychics,' presenting them with a photograph of a victim from a remote murder case and asking them to conjure intimate details of the victim and the case. Of all 60, only two could do so. Again - the abundance of false mediums is staggering. But I have no doubt there is a fair share of real ones.

Again I stated: Debbie W. may very well be the 'real thing' - but my point of this thread is two fold:

A. Debbie is the rare EXCEPTION and >>NOT<< the rule that so many other's would like us to believe.

... See I do not believe these people are the even close to being the RULE - they are very very rare and unique individuals.

... Notice also what you said about this D. W. She does not go out of her way for INFORMATION. She doesn't "phish".

Now how many other "mediums" would follow her example? Not very many!! Why - they know they would fail and be exposed for the frauds that they are!

B. For people to begin to look at what is going on around them. To look at the obvious and see it for what it is.

... I know "mediums" as one person posted that go "phishing" - make a general statement to see what reaction they get... then move in for the "kill"

... Other "mediums" as stated come in AFTER the story or what everhas been told - NOT before. In fact they will AVOID situations where NO information is given!

See this is the thing - by their actions or lack of them you will know what you have. Do they "step up" or offer up avoidances and excuses? Usually the later all covered under the 'blanket' of being "spiritual". Sigh .....

With the excuse, and yes this is what it is - ".. it doesn't work this way ...." funny thing w/this 'cop out' is that - the real ones DO work exactly this way! No excuses, no avoidance, no 'word games' or 'mind games'.

Again, you're making a colossal generalisation. We have established that there are many fake mediums, and if your post is directed at them, then more power to you. But there are certainly mediums aren't at all 'a tad bogus.'

Deb Webber is given a photograph of a murder victim. She does not look at the photograph. It is placed face-down before her. All this is aired on national television and the television show is legally required to supervise and watch her non-stop. She then picks up an 'energy' from the photograph, and claims that the 'spirit of the deceased' is present and proceeds to say:

1) the sex of the victim.

2) the age of the victim.

3) the former residence of the victim

4) the personality of the victim

5) the nature of the victim's death

In each of these things, she is absolutely correct. Now, there is absolutely no verifiable proof to suggest that Deb picks up an 'energy' from the photograph, nor that she communicates with the victim's spirit. But we do know this - that prior to the filming of the reading she has absolutely no idea who or what she is going to be presented with, nor has she done any research - she has given all this information on the spot.

So how did she do this? One who was still disinclined to believe in the supernatural side of things could try and claim that she guessed the information. Which is, in my opinion, ludicrous.

No wonder Deb Webber, among a small handful of other carefully selected mediums, is constantly requested to aid police in solving crimes.

I will say again: There are many, many false mediums out there, who are accurately described in Jj's post. However, there are exceptions, such as Deb Webber, described above, who simply cannot be ruled out as false. It would be close-minded and irrational to do so.

While searching for psychics to partake in the television show described above, TVNZ interviewed over 60 'psychics,' presenting them with a photograph of a victim from a remote murder case and asking them to conjure intimate details of the victim and the case. Of all 60, only two could do so. Again - the abundance of false mediums is staggering. But I have no doubt there is a fair share of real ones.

What a great and wonderful perspective

Kate

Again I stated: Debbie W. may very well be the 'real thing' - but my point of this thread is two fold:

A. Debbie is the rare EXCEPTION and >>NOT<< the rule that so many other's would like us to believe.

... See I do not believe these people are the even close to being the RULE - they are very very rare and unique individuals.

... Notice also what you said about this D. W. She does not go out of her way for INFORMATION. She doesn't "phish".

Now how many other "mediums" would follow her example? Not very many!! Why - they know they would fail and be exposed for the frauds that they are!

B. For people to begin to look at what is going on around them. To look at the obvious and see it for what it is.

... I know "mediums" as one person posted that go "phishing" - make a general statement to see what reaction they get... then move in for the "kill"

... Other "mediums" as stated come in AFTER the story or what everhas been told - NOT before. In fact they will AVOID situations where NO information is given!

See this is the thing - by their actions or lack of them you will know what you have. Do they "step up" or offer up avoidances and excuses? Usually the later all covered under the 'blanket' of being "spiritual". Sigh .....

With the excuse, and yes this is what it is - ".. it doesn't work this way ...." funny thing w/this 'cop out' is that - the real ones DO work exactly this way! No excuses, no avoidance, no 'word games' or 'mind games'.

It sounds to me like you are talking about psychics. Mediums and psychics are different things. Mediums, like myself constantly deal with spirits, energies etc. All meduims are psychic to some degree or another-psychics are not mediums and rarely interact with the spirits. Sylvia Browne is a psychic and she is a perfect example of a hustler. I wont call her a fraud outright, but she does cheapen and commercialize our community. I have always tried to help people with regards to my gift. Not taking any money and working mainly in hauntings or cleansings of homes. I had a very bad experience a few years back and have shut down. I have tried to be like other people but I am always drawn back in to the spiritual realm. I am sorry you have had bad experiences with other spiritual workers. I have had some myself. But we are not all frauds. It is a tough life, this mediumship business. I think it is a burden and that's how it has felt my entire life. I don't know why anyone would want this.

Kate

Understood - I see where you're coming from and respect what you're saying. So this thread is to make people open their eyes to fake mediums?

Understood - I see where you're coming from and respect what you're saying. So this thread is to make people open their eyes to fake mediums?

To the fakes ones out there -- and as you pointed out w/Debbie W. what to expect from the real ones.... NO PHISHING - no hunting for clues - no spiritual and/or mind games and so on.

That these people like Debbie are again the very extreme rare exception .... not the "rule" --- Frauds are the rule ....

Hmm! Mrs. Cleo, Sylvia Brown, etc. These ring a bell! lol

Money hoarders. A truely sad way to dupe ignorant, (Yet willing!) people out of their money.

Hmm! Mrs. Cleo, Sylvia Brown, etc. These ring a bell! lol

Money hoarders. A truely sad way to dupe ignorant, (Yet willing!) people out of their money.

I agree. It infuriates me when they prey upon the grieving and the lonely. If only people could look withing themselves-it would be a wonder what they could find...

To the fakes ones out there -- and as you pointed out w/Debbie W. what to expect from the real ones.... NO PHISHING - no hunting for clues - no spiritual and/or mind games and so on.

That these people like Debbie are again the very extreme rare exception .... not the "rule" --- Frauds are the rule ....

I'm so happy to see we're on the same page!

And everyone - remember, never trust 'mediums' online. They will seem much more convincing.

For Example;

Jjbreen..

let's see.. you're a hard one to read..

ahh, I've got you now..

yes.. a very strong mind.. logical, good with writing...

I sense a kind of content within you.. you're happy with where you're at..

there's a female influence.. perhaps a daughter.. maybe more than one.. definately more than one, yes, I see them now.

and a granddaughter too, I see her...

yes, there's alot of female energy around you.. a wife too of course... young.

you're good with females, if you don't mind me saying...

And so on - don't believe any of it! Online Mediums are Frauds!!!

I'm so happy to see we're on the same page!

And everyone - remember, never trust 'mediums' online. They will seem much more convincing.

For Example;

Jjbreen..

let's see.. you're a hard one to read..

ahh, I've got you now..

yes.. a very strong mind.. logical, good with writing...

I sense a kind of content within you.. you're happy with where you're at..

there's a female influence.. perhaps a daughter.. maybe more than one.. definately more than one, yes, I see them now.

and a granddaughter too, I see her...

yes, there's alot of female energy around you.. a wife too of course... young.

you're good with females, if you don't mind me saying...

And so on - don't believe any of it! Online Mediums are Frauds!!!

LOL, good one ziggy! You have to take into concideration how easy it is to get information from people on the internet!

It can be as simple as reading their profile or just watching them post on a forum such as this.

Edit: Spelling errors.

Edited by Tom R

LOL, good one ziggy! You have to take into concideration how easy it is to get information from people on the internet!

It can be as simple as reading their profile or just watching them post on a forum such as this.

Edit: Spelling errors.

It's as easy as that. Use the internet with caution!

I agree with this, and yes some medium's are "masters of the obvious" like John Edwards as in south park lol. They did that pretty well, you go in an audience and say "I'm getting something that begins with an S" person #1 "ZOMG my name is Sam!" "Well Sam, someone is telling you to not worry about the money. Does that mean anything to you?" person #1 "O wow my grandpa just died and I was worrying so much from all the expenses!" In cases like that it's "masters of the obvious". However, I believe there are real ones out there and the best piece of evidence of it was on Ghost Hunters when they interviewed a medium and used a thermal camera and you can see the heat exchange as "energy". I'm sure someone here can find that clip on youtube and post it here. Validates my beliefs to me imo.

LOL Too funny and yes I did see thermal image on TAPS it was amazing evidence..JN