Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chocolate Strike in UK

ships-cat

Chocolate staff to vote on strike

Workers at Cadbury's four chocolate factory sites have voted in favour of holding a ballot on strike action.

Last month, the company announced it was closing its factory at Keynsham near Bristol and transferring production to Poland and Birmingham.

Full Story

The important thing here is NOT TO PANIC. It is only a short strike, and there is PLENTY of chocolate on the shelves.

There is NOTHING to be concerned ab.......

AAAAAAAARGH runs roundandroundandroundandroundandroundandroundandroundandroundand runs down to the shop and panic-buys EVERYTHING.

Meow Purrr :o

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ships-cat

• Moon Monkey

• EmpressStarXVII

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

If that doesn't bring the British government down, I don't know what will.

* Runs out to stock up on chocolate *

I like, no I LOVE choccie. Thing is it is addictive, I have cut it all out, so you can all have my share :lol:

I have contacts at Marlenes Handmade Chocolates, Westport, County Mayo,Eire.

Now... does anyone have a heavy-lift helicopter ?

Meow Purr. :unsure2:

panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE

NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE NO CHOCOLATE

Edited by Tiggs
Normally, I'd remove this post for spamming, but under these extreme circumstances: panic panic panic panic panic panic panic

Cadbury Egg's are smaller here in the US now. I've been on strike for a while now :P.

hmmm i see blackmarket opportunities here...i'll invest in herseys.

Wow, that's worse than here in the U.S. where all the television writers are on strike. If it isn't resolved, we're all in for a long winter of re-runs and reality shows.

Edited by Tiggs
Removed drugs reference

Have a look at a curly-wurly, those things are tiny now. Its a crime.

IronGhost, naughty naughty :P. I read that!

Yeah, I'm a trouble maker, and get taken to the woodshed occasionally.

What I should have said was: "There is a good substitute for chocolate -- prayer."

Have a look at a curly-wurly, those things are tiny now. Its a crime.

I thought they seemed smaller because i a bigger.

I thought they seemed smaller because i a bigger.

No , they ARE smaller.

It's the same with Wagon Wheels - they used to be the size of dustbin lids, but now I can fit two in my mouth at once.

(the chocolates, that is, not the dustbin lids).

It's all an evil plot to baffle and confuse the Working Cat.

Meow Purr.

No , they ARE smaller.

It's the same with Wagon Wheels - they used to be the size of dustbin lids, but now I can fit two in my mouth at once.

(the chocolates, that is, not the dustbin lids).

It's all an evil plot to baffle and confuse the Working Cat.

Meow Purr.

I'm unconvinced shipscat. Do you have some chocolate factory measurment data or something?

Otherwise i still think it's because things are bigger seeming when you are a child/kitten.

I'm unconvinced shipscat. Do you have some chocolate factory measurment data or something?

Otherwise i still think it's because things are bigger seeming when you are a child/kitten.

I'm with Cat. My dad used to take wagons wheels one at a time as it was enough for him, and he wasn't a kid actually he is smaller now than he was then, as Cat says, he could put at least 2 in his mouth now should the wish take him and he still wouldn't be satisfied.

Edited by Moon Monkey

I'm with Cat. My dad used to take wagons wheels one at a time as it was enough for him, and he wasn't a kid actually he is smaller now than he was then, as Cat says, he could put at least 2 in his mouth now should the wish take him and he still wouldn't be satisfied.

Still not totally convinced. I will research at the shop on my way home from work. All in the name of science.

Hmm... there is a Wiki article on Wagon Wheels, and it appears you are correct 1.6.18... or perhaps the Illuminati have commissioned Elvis to ghost-write this article in order to sow doubt and confusion amongst Working Cats. (as so frequently happens).

One good thing.... Wagon Wheels are made by Burtons.. so if the Cadbury's strike is extended, we can still get hold of them. (I'm not sure who makes curly-wurlies).

Meow Purr.

ummm...chocolates...of all kinds and shapes.......yep, its good tolive in Argentina.....land of the promised chocolate......:evil grim:

It's definitely the Illuminati.

"Actually, an expert who frequents the site told us that they got ever so slightly smaller in the mid 1980s when production was switched from Slough to South Wales."

Source:b3ta

Ah... the infamous "Milled-Edge" uprisings ?

Meow Purr.

Still not totally convinced. I will research at the shop on my way home from work. All in the name of science.

Here is my scientific anylsis for you. Nice, bourbons, custardcreams, rich tea, hob-nobs and mcvities digestives all feel exactly the same size as they ever did. Wagon Wheels do not. Case closed.

linked-image

mmmmm Wagon wheel

Edited by Moon Monkey