Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did History Channel find Bigfoot

the14u2cee

Because it is missing the medulla?

That mean's it is a human hair. Sounds like exaggeration to me.

no, because it shares a chimp base pair. unless a chimp was at snelgrove and contaminated dna, its out of the question

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• danielost

• psyche101

• makaya325

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no, because it shares a chimp base pair. unless a chimp was at snelgrove and contaminated dna, its out of the question

Really!

I thought you said the main reason it was considered out of the ordinary is that it lacked a medulla, which is not unusual for human hair.

This isn't that bogus report by the guy from the cabin is it? I'd like to see if he even can even determine base pairs, from what I know, it takes an awful long time to count base pairs. He seems to have accomplished quite a feat in rather a short time frame. There is 1.23% difference between human and Chimp, and he has 3 billion pairs to count for a human hair. Typically, base pairs are in the millions.

A link to the report ? This is not just hearsay is it?

No. I watched the show.

No it's not. I am a long distance backpacker. And I'm the kind of person who, if I was on a week long hike and I came across a bunch of people trying to find bigfoot...I sure as heck would have fun with that.

A long distance backpacker or a hoax is far more logical than a mythical creature who has managed to sustain a breeding population for years and years but that doesn't leave any skeletal remains....

Ok, think about it, a place far from any human existance, a place a human would not normally take a stroll in. Some of those places have not even been touched by a human. A place that is covered with snow, lifetime of these creatures is unknown. Who knows, maybe these beasts have a sort of ritual to eat their dead in order to keep them alive inside themselves so to speak. Seriously, we do not know everything.

Ok, think about it, a place far from any human existance, a place a human would not normally take a stroll in. Some of those places have not even been touched by a human. A place that is covered with snow, lifetime of these creatures is unknown. Who knows, maybe these beasts have a sort of ritual to eat their dead in order to keep them alive inside themselves so to speak. Seriously, we do not know everything.

or maybe the more logical reason is that they simply aren't real

we know a lot about north american mammals,

even the endangered ones,

we collect data on all of them

even in those remote places where bigfoot is supposed to live

people do go in there to research other animals

guess what they never ever find ?

any traces or evidence of an ape

not living, not dead, not even fossilized

Really!

I thought you said the main reason it was considered out of the ordinary is that it lacked a medulla, which is not unusual for human hair.

This isn't that bogus report by the guy from the cabin is it? I'd like to see if he even can even determine base pairs, from what I know, it takes an awful long time to count base pairs. He seems to have accomplished quite a feat in rather a short time frame. There is 1.23% difference between human and Chimp, and he has 3 billion pairs to count for a human hair. Typically, base pairs are in the millions.

A link to the report ? This is not just hearsay is it?

out of 388 basepairs( i know its small) theirs only 1 special basepair its includes. that same basepair seperates chimps from humans. we need further dna testing, as of now, its not likely human

• 2 months later...
Ok let me rephrase. Based on eyewitness accounts, they are ape-like in appearance, they walk like apes, so they are apes.

no, based on eye witness accts they do not walk like apes, they walk like human beings. They are bipedal.

They resemble apes evidentally, but they do not walk on all fours.

This is my first time here on this forum,and you know what I don't get? I don't understand those that are vehemently against even having a half an open mind to the Sasquatch being a real being.

Is there absolutely no curiosity at all if their existence? If not, then why bother? Why even come to forums about the subject?

Why waste your time debating it?

Why do you seem so threatened by the fact that some do believe they could exist? Does it make you feel superior to belittle those that do believe? Is it ego based? Is that it? Because that's what it appears to be to me.

if so, that's pretty sad on your part that you care so much what those who you perceive to be your inferiors, think about you..

think about that for a minute.........

and what do you say to those who have seen them face to face? Are they all delusional liars?

I doubt it.

not to say that some sightings aren't misidentifications, and some are just out and out lies. But not all.......

not all.

Even if you don't believe the PG film. Even if you believe we have all the scientific data behind us saying there is no way in hell these creatures could exist...

Do some research, read the reports. Not just a couple, but really delve into it. There are way too many to disregard.

I, among others, do not believe for one second that all of those people are lying.

Edited by GreenEyez

Welcome to U-M, GreenEyez. Are you certain you've not mistaken a raccoon in a tree for an 8' bipedal hairy creature? B)

So, that's what that was??? I guess I very well could have....... ;)

ok, now I'm bein' a smartass, I've never personally seen an 8ft bipedal creature....

I have seen a raccoon however!

I have seen a raccoon however!

As have I, and managed not to confuse it for Biff (bigfoot)!

no, based on eye witness accts they do not walk like apes, they walk like human beings. They are bipedal.

This is my first time here on this forum,and you know what I don't get? I don't understand those that are vehemently against even having a half an open mind to the Sasquatch being a real being.

Is there absolutely no curiosity at all if their existence? If not, then why bother? Why even come to forums about the subject?

Why do you seem so threatened by the fact that some do believe they could exist? Does it make you feel superior to belittle those that do believe? Is it ego based? Is that it? Because that's what it appears to be to me.

if so, that's pretty sad on your part that you care so much what those who you perceive to be your inferiors, think about you..

and what do you say to those who have seen them face to face? Are they all delusional liars?

I doubt it.

not to say that some sightings aren't misidentifications, and some are just out and out lies. But not all.......

not all.

Even if you don't believe the PG film. Even if you believe we have all the scientific data behind us saying there is no way in hell these creatures could exist...

Do some research, read the reports. Not just a couple, but really delve into it. There are way too many to disregard.

I, among others, do not believe for one second that all of those people are lying.

You know ive always wondered why there are so many skeptics on this forum if its wrong to try to force someone into beleiving its also wrong to try and force someone who beleives to change their mind

I doubt it.

not all.

hrmmzz here we go again.

The people who know it does not exist are indeed curious. It is why people look into this in the first place. Have you read the thread or just decided to chuck in your 2 cents? The people who doubt have very good reason. Personally, I hoped some such creature could exist, but research shows this scenario would be against all odds and very unlikely. If you had read the thread, you would have seen the "doubters" (people who acknowledge higher learning) have simply shown how bad the "proof" concerning the creature really is, and how many rules of nature must be broken for this creature to exist. It is not "close minded' to challenge bad data and erroneous theories, in fact it shows a respect for the field by eliminating unlikely items concerned with the phenomena. It is not the fault of the skeptical group if this eliminates all reliable data in concern to the phenomena.

Do you think that pilots who have hallucinations that makes them think they are sitting on the wing of an aircraft due to environmental conditions are liars? No of course not. No reason Biff witnesses are either, but your arrogance puts human error above natural conditions. You are right, the world is wrong hey? These respectable outdoorsmen are not falible in any way, but nature is? I doubt many skeptics would say the eyewitnesses are liars, some undoubtably are and the prose of the tale makes that obvious.

If one "believes" the PG fim shows a real creature, that individual is not being objective, and therefore likely to draw an incorrect conclusion. All data matters, wether you like the outcome or not. I consider outbursts like this a proverbial white flag asking skeptics to take the real evidence away so that Biff proponents can go back to enjoying the fantasy and taking the "proof" as required to make some good stories come together. How ironic you would ask skeptics to do research. Astounding. :huh:

Edited by psyche101

You know ive always wondered why there are so many skeptics on this forum if its wrong to try to force someone into beleiving its also wrong to try and force someone who beleives to change their mind

It is not wrong to expose the truth.

As have I, and managed not to confuse it for Biff (bigfoot)!

I am sure you agree that we have a few members that would............. ;)

Edited by psyche101

I am sure you agree that we have a few members that would............. ;)

It has been rather peacefully quiet of late.

It has been rather peacefully quiet of late.

Has it?

Has it?

Not naming names, but a marked reduction in Biff claims and fairly outlandish statements.

Not naming names, but a marked reduction in Biff claims and fairly outlandish statements.

I have been exploring other parts of the board lately, now that you mention it does seem a little subdued.

It is not wrong to expose the truth.

I agree the truth is the most important thing and personally i do not beleave that bf exists im just pointing out that there are people who get too personal while their debating on the forums not everybody uses strictly scientific arguments like you do and it is that to which i refer

I don't feel threatened, but I do look at ignorance as the enemy of good society. If someone understands the biological and zoological reasons why bigfoot does not exist, but says "you know what, i'm going to believe anyway." then that's fine.

What I can not abide is the distortion of real science in an atttempt to make a personal fantasy true, or the willfull embracing of ignorance to do the same.

I don't have to say anything. I'll let scientists and psychologists say it for me:

A 'ghost' in the Haunted Gallery at Hampton Court Palace A team from University College London finds that when we gaze around in a poorly-lit context, it can fool our brains into seeing things that are not really there. Although no one has done a systematic study of ghosts, neuroscientists are convinced they are "all in the mind" and, in the light of the new work, it does not seem so surprising that they seem most often glimpsed in "spooky" dimly-lit circumstances In the journal PLoS Computational Biology, Prof Li Zhaoping and her colleagues say that the context surrounding what we see is all important - sometimes overriding the evidence gathered by our eyes and even causing us to imagine things. They were surprised to find that a vague background context has more influence on what we see than one that is bright and well defined, and speculate that this might explain the power of some abstract art and why we can see vivid details in the vague brush strokes of impressionist paintings. "The paintings are vague in details, but I speculate that, perhaps because of this vagueness viewers are free to use their vivid imaginations to fill-in the details," says Prof Zhaoping, who adopts her first name as her scientific pen name - Li is such a common name it can cause an identity crisis for Chinese scientists.advertisement "Everything we see is an hallucination generated by the virtual reality machine inside our head," comments Prof Mike Morgan of The City University, London.

"Normally these hallucinations are vetoed by the information coming through our senses, so we can call perception 'controlled hallucination.'"But when the input is ambiguous we can see all sorts of things, like the faces de Quincy saw in clouds and carpets. There are hundreds of faces hidden in the textured floors of the platforms at Euston Underground Station, if you look for them."To reveal the haunting power of context, 18 observers were asked by the UCL team to concentrate on the centre of a black computer screen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm...scighost121.xml