Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Kelly - Murdered?

Tiggs

LONDON (Reuters) - A former U.N. weapons inspector, whose death caused one of the biggest crises of Tony Blair's premiership, did not commit suicide as official accounts state, an MP claims in a new book.

David Kelly was found dead in woods near his home in July 2003, just days after it was revealed that he was the source for a BBC report that said Blair's government had deliberately "sexed-up" intelligence to justify the invasion of Iraq.

News of the death rocked Blair and his government, with critics saying Kelly's identity had been made public in order to discredit the BBC's story.

The Ministry of Defence had confirmed to reporters that Kelly was the BBC's source and the mild-mannered microbiologist was then subjected to a high-profile mauling by a parliamentary committee two days before his death.

Senior judge Lord Hutton carried out an independent inquiry into the circumstances and ruled in January 2004 that Kelly had slit his left wrist after taking painkillers during a walk near his home in Oxfordshire.

He concluded that Kelly ended his life due to a severe loss of self-esteem, his feeling that people had lost trust in him and his dismay at being exposed in the media. Hutton also cleared Blair and his officials of any wrongdoing

However, Norman Baker, a Liberal Democrat MP who has spent a year investigating the case for his book "The Strange death of David Kelly", says he believes the scientist did not kill himself.

(Continued)...

• Like 1

The first time i seen that story on the news, i said he dident commit sucide. I mean that scandal and what we know now, of course they got rid of him.

Personally I think the WMD/BBC angle is a red herring. He 'died' during a 12 month period when a large number of the worlds top microbiologists died in strange circumstances. It seems somebody was trying to ensure that no-one isolated a strain of something that is out there too quick, like they did with HIV.

His last email:

<a href="http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/conte.../com_4_0076.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk/conte.../com_4_0076.pdf</a>

These 2 links give an idea of where I am coming from, there is a lot more out there though, remember Dr Kelly was head of the MOD biological weapons program (amongst other things).

<a href="http://www.declarepeace.org.uk/captain/mur.../deadmicro.html" target="_blank">http://www.declarepeace.org.uk/captain/mur.../deadmicro.html</a>

<a href="http://dr-david-kelly.blogspot.com/2006/08...st-wont-go.html" target="_blank">http://dr-david-kelly.blogspot.com/2006/08...st-wont-go.html</a>

Here is a table of microbiologists dead in 'unusual' circumstances until 2005 ,from the first link, there have been more since:

#1 Jose Trias Murdered May 19, 1994

#2 Dr. Tsunao Saitoh 46 Murdered May 7, 1996

#3-7 Microbiologists Plane crash October 4, 2001

#8 Jeffrey Paris Wall 41 Murdered? November 6, 2001

#9 Dr.Vladimir Pasechnik 64 Stroke November 21, 2001

#10-12 Dr.Yaakov Matzner, Amiramp Eldor, & Avishai Berkman 54, 59,50 Plane crash November 24, 2001

#13 Roman Kuzmin 24 Struck by a car December 2001

#14 Dr. Benito Que 52 Mugging December 6, 2001

#15 Dr. David Schwartz 57 Murdered December 10, 2001

#16 Set Van Nguyen 44 Found in airlock chamber December 14, 2001

#17 Don C. Wiley 57 Body found by river December 20,2001

#18 Ivan Glebov Bandit attack January 2002

#19 Alexi Brushlinski Killed/murdered? January 2002

#20 Victor Korshunov 56 Murdered February 9, 2002

#21 Dr. Ian Langford 40 Murdered February 11, 2002

#22-23 Tanya Holzmayer & Guyang "Mathew" Huang 46, 38 Murder then suicide February 28, 2002

#24 David Wynn-Williams 55 Struck by vehicle March 24, 2002

#25 Dr. Steven Mostow 63 Plane crash March 25, 2002

#26 Dr. Leland Rickman 47 Unknown June 24, 2003

#27 Dr. David Kelly 59 Suicide?/ Murder July 18, 2003

#28 Michael Perich 46 Car wreck October 11, 2003

#29 Robert Leslie Burghoff 45 Hit and run November 20, 2003

#30 Dr Robert E. Shope 74 Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis January 19, 2004

#31 Michael Patrick Kiley 62 Heart failure January 24, 2004

#32 Vadake Srinivasan 78 Stroke/Car wreck March 13, 2004

#33 William T. McGuire 39 Murdered May 5, 2004

#34 Dr. Eugene F. Mallove 56 Murdered May 16, 2004

#35 Antonina Presnyakova 46 Accidental/Ebola May 19, 2004

#36 Thomas gold 84 Heart disease June 23, 2004

#37 Dr. Assefa Tulu 45 Hemorrhagic stroke June 24, 2004

#38 Dr. John Mullen 67 Acute arsenic intoxication June 29, 2004

#39 Dr Paul Norman 52 Plane crash July 2, 2004

#40 Dr. John Badwey 54 Pneumonia like symptoms July 21, 2004

#41 Dr Bassem al-Mudare Murdered July 21, 2004

#42 Professor John Clark 52 Hanging August 12, 2004

#43 Mohammed Toki Hussein al-Talakani 40 Murdered September 5, 2004

#44 Matthew Allison 32 Car exploded October 13, 2004

#45 John R. La Montagne, Ph.D 61 Sudden pulmonary embolism November 2, 2004

#46 Taleb Ibrahim al-Daher Murdered December 21, 2004

#47-48 Tom Throne & Beth Williams 63, 53 Car wreck December 29, 2004

#49 Jeong H. Im 72 Murdered January 7, 2005

#50 Geetha Angara 43 Murdered/Drowned February 8, 2005

Edited by Moon Monkey

Interesting counter conspiracy, Moon Monkey.

From the evidence that's been made available to the general public, it's difficult to see how it can have been suicide, without a level of significant doubt being raised.

The list of dead Microbiologists tails out in 2005 - have there been any recent deaths?

Interesting counter conspiracy, Moon Monkey.

From the evidence that's been made available to the general public, it's difficult to see how it can have been suicide, without a level of significant doubt being raised.

The list of dead Microbiologists tails out in 2005 - have there been any recent deaths?

To be honest Tiggs you would be better off just typing "dead biologists" into google, there is so much out there and its being linked to everything from Cheney to SARS to mossad to chemtrails and back. Most of the sites I have seen link to the same 2005 list although I know they have been more recent ones, I will have a look about. I know a biologist died recently in the Grand Canyon from bubonic plague but he was a wildlife biologist so I can't see him fitting in the stories.

Ye gods.

I think a better question would be... "are there any more left to kill" ?

The implication is that they where all involved somehow in one particular project, or where aware of information pertaining to such. Perhaps by 2005 all 'involved' people had died.

Wow.

Meow Purr.

What would be the point of murdering him? That guy was ancient! He probably would have died the next day anyways.

What would be the point of murdering him? That guy was ancient! He probably would have died the next day anyways.

Hypotheticly ?

Because he new something that could embarass the State (or the Government... or both). "Someone" was concerned that he was under pressure from the investigation, and could crack and reveal this information. Possibly within days.

Meow Purr.

A few more for the list from 2005:

Todd Kauppila - 8th May 2005 - Hemorrhagic Pancreatitis - aged 41

Robert J Lull - 19th May 2005 - Multiple stab wounds - age 66

Leonid Strachunsky - 8th Jun 2005 - Died after being hit on the head with a champagne bottle - age unreported

Potentially related:

Lee Jung-Woo - 22nd May 2006 - blood clot on the brain, WHO Director General - age 61

• 1 year later...

Is it a coincidence that questions over Dr Kelly's "suicide" are hitting the wires again just as "swine flu" seems ready to explode ?

e.g. (worth a look)

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/111971...book-of-secrets

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article...llys-death.html

Edited by Moon Monkey

I remember reading a Guardian report on the "suicide", it involved an interview with the two paramedics who were first on the scene. They said that the body had obviously already been moved as there was nearly no blood at the scene. They also said that the slit wrists were of a type which would have not led to the death of Kelly. They claimed that in all the years of attending slit wrist suicides that they had never seen a successful suicide with the degree of laceration to the wrists seen on Kelly. They said that what happened was that the blood pressure drops below a certain point and the cuts stop bleeding. Coma is the likely result - but not death. They were absolutely convinced that someone had been there already and that it just didn't look anything like a suicide.

He was killed because he called the lie on WMD and was going to stick to his story and cause lasting embarrassment to a Government which was in terminal crisis. Blair was a cold blooded killer.

Br Cornelius

I remember reading a Guardian report on the "suicide", it involved an interview with the two paramedics who were first on the scene. They said that the body had obviously already been moved as there was nearly no blood at the scene. They also said that the slit wrists were of a type which would have not led to the death of Kelly. They claimed that in all the years of attending slit wrist suicides that they had never seen a successful suicide with the degree of laceration to the wrists seen on Kelly. They said that what happened was that the blood pressure drops below a certain point and the cuts stop bleeding. Coma is the likely result - but not death. They were absolutely convinced that someone had been there already and that it just didn't look anything like a suicide.

He was killed because he called the lie on WMD and was going to stick to his story and cause lasting embarrassment to a Government which was in terminal crisis. Blair was a cold blooded killer.

Br Cornelius

Personally I think there is more to it than simply calling them out over the lack of WMD, it is too obvious and a possible red herring. I think it is linked to his days at Porton Down...it came only 2 years after Vladimir Pasechnik died there (and both amongst the spate of micro-biologist deaths listed above)....we have had plenty of other experts who knew about the lack of wmd's and have spoken out vehemently over the years who haven't been found dead in perculiar circumstances.

Vladimir Pasechnik died there

I came across this article but have added some bolded bits they missed. It came from an end of the world flu-bug page at: http://research.exercisingyourmind.com/200...ou.aspx?ref=rss but it saves me typing this stuff out but you could get most of it off wiki.

In 1989, Vladimir Pasechnik defected from the Former Soviet Union (FSU) to Great Britain while on a trip to Paris. He had been the top scientist in the FSU's bioweapons program, which is heavily dependent upon DNA sequencing. Pasechnik's death was reported in the New York Times as having occurred on Nov. 23.

The Times obituary indicated that the announcement of Pasechnik's death was made in the United States by Dr. Christopher Davis of Virginia, who stated that the cause of death was a stroke. Davis was the member of British intelligence who de-briefed Dr. Pasechnik at the time of his defection (Dr Kelly was also part of the 2-man debreifing team). Davis says he left the intelligence service in 1996, but when asked why a former member of British intelligence would be the person announcing the death of Pasechnik to the US media, he replied that it had come about during a conversation with a reporter he had had a long relationship with. The reporter Davis named is not the author of the Times' obituary, and Davis declined to say which branch of British intelligence he served in. No reports of Pasechnik's death appeared in Britain for more than a month, until Dec. 29, when his obituary appeared in the London Telegraph, which did not include a date of death.

Pasechnik spent the 10 years after his defection working at the Centre for Applied Microbiology and Research at the UK Department of Health, Salisbury (Porton Down). On Feb. 20, 2000, it was announced that, along with partner Caisey Harlingten, Pasechnik had formed a company called Regma Biotechnologies Ltd (with a lot of help from Dr Kelly as the MOD link). Regma describes itself as "a new drug company working to provide powerful alternatives to antibiotics." Like three other microbiologists detailed in this article, Pasechnik was heavily involved in DNA sequencing research. During the anthrax panic of this past fall, Pasechnik offered his services to the British government to help in any way possible. Despite Regma having a public relations department that has released many items to the press over the past two years, the company has not announced the death of one of its two founders.

Now back to that Regma Biotechnologies Ltd...set up at Porton Down, this is the stuff Dr Kelly was going to expose. Qustions in the Houses Of Parliament to then Defense Secretary Des Browne, bolding is mine:

MP Andrew Mackinlay: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence on what basis and on whose authority Regma Biotechnologies was allowed access to facilities and to set up a laboratory at Porton Down; and if he will make a statement.

Sec. Des Browne [holding answer 25 July 2006]: Regma Biotechnologies was founded in December 1999 and commenced a three-year tenancy on the Porton Down science park on 17 July 2000.

Lets look at the date of Dr Kellys "suicide" again....thats right, July 17th 2003, another bigggg coincidence.

BTW MOD scientists dug up 10 victims of spanish flu in 2001, reported in The Independent Oct 8 2001, exactly at the peak of microbiologists mysteriously dying..they could have been really useful researching on those bodies if alive.

Edited by Moon Monkey

Well, if I were to kill myself, I certainly woudn't clear the names of any politician in my suicide note. That sounds strange to me.

Edited by little_dreamer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm

Play the swine flu spread video....why is the UK 10 times more suseptible than France and Germany and Spain combined ? Same for a small country like Israel....more than major euro countries and all of central america below mexico put together. Seems a bit of a weird development pattern.

Edited by Moon Monkey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8083179.stm

Play the swine flu spread video....why is the UK 10 times more suseptible than France and Germany and Spain combined ? Same for a small country like Israel....more than major euro countries and all of central america below mexico put together. Seems a bit of a weird development pattern.

Because the governement needs the fear here, people here are getting very aware of what the government is up to. :)

• 6 months later...

What 12 month period are you talking about, Moon-Monkey, and exactly how many died?

Have a look at the list on page 1 mate, I wasn't referring to an exact period but check out 2002/3/4

Wasn't he a Jehovahs witness or something? Isn't suicide very much against their religion?

In light of recent developments I believe your hypothesis has a lot of merit.

Br Cornelius

Bye bye you guys.

You're all soon to disappear for speaking out against the state wahaha!

Its hard for me to imagine such actions are anything other than smug admission of guilt.

It does seem to be peculiar...and fan the flames of conspiracy.