Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Feinstein Faces Dem Censure After Backing

Bob26003

One day after voting to elevate a divisive conservative judge to the federal appeals court in New Orleans, California Sen. Dianne Feinstein was the president's guest aboard Air Force One. She had been invited to survey the damage from the recent spate of Southern California wildfires.

The senator later remarked privately that she found her conversation with Bush aboard Air Force One "illuminating," a source close to Feinstein told the Huffington Post.

Two weeks later, Feinstein was one of two Democrats on the Senate judiciary committee to vote to send Michael Mukasey's nomination to be the new attorney general to the full Senate. Her support helped turn the tide in favor of a nomination that faced an uncertain future after Mukasey refused to say whether waterboarding was torture.

When the full Senate voted, Feinstein was one of only six Democrats to vote in favor of confirming Mukasey.

Now, a coalition of progressive Democrats upset with Feinstein's controversial votes will ask the California Democratic Party to censure her at its executive board meeting this weekend, the Huffington Post has learned.

The move comes as Feinstein again finds herself under fire for saying Thursday that she now supports granting legal immunity to telecom companies that shared customer email and phone messages with the federal government as part of the warrantless surveillance program.

"Dianne Feinstein does not listen to the people of California," said Rick Jacobs, president of the Courage Campaign, a progressive organization in California. "She supports George Bush's agenda time after time."

Feinstein's office did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Continues.......... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/11/12/f...su_n_72342.html

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• Bob26003

• Lt_Ripley

• EmpressStarXVII

Top Posters In This Topic

What senators listens to the people of their state? I like Feinstein, I'm a bit surprised that she voted for his confirmation. I don't know what I expected anyway. Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss.

What senators listens to the people of their state? I like Feinstein, I'm a bit surprised that she voted for his confirmation. I don't know what I expected anyway. Say hello to the new boss, same as the old boss.

I think most of these elected officials really don't care much about anything but money and getting re-elected!

I think most of these elected officials really don't care much about anything but money and getting re-elected!

exactly !!!!!!!! I just wonder how much $$$ of an illumination Bush was.

exactly !!!!!!!! I just wonder how much $$$ of an illumination Bush was.

We need to purge the Democratic Party of folken like her. It would be really refreshing to see Sheehan beat Pelosi. Which, I think She will.

Pelosi has betrayed alot of San Fransiscans.........

Edited by Bob26003