Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Snakes in the Philippines

mnemeion

I ran over a pretty big snake once. A racer, I think it was. Anyhow this guy was surely big enough to break your car, hence the stopping of traffic.

Unwholesome!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bball

• capoeiranger

• mnemeion

• Dee Murdock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check this out:

</a>

</a>

</a>

WOW THANKS FOR SHARING!

• 1 year later...

I don't remember the details, only the event. It happened way back in '98. A giant snake blocked an entire highway of a province which caused a major traffic. Many people saw the snake and the eyewitnesses all claim that its body was as large as a coconut tree's. It crossed the highway slowly, taking it about 20 minutes to completely disappear from the crowd. There was a report about this on the t.v. as they try to find the snake. But it was never seen again.

• 3 months later...

Hello All I am writing you this note as my Father told it to me!!!!.....He was in the occupying forces of the United States Army, stationed in the Philippines back in 1945 to 1947....his and his mens job was to clean out the remaining Japanese soldiers!

On a steamy hot day in the Philippines, the army base had gotten some calls and letters from the local people complaining of a huge snake that had taken some children and farm animals...my Dad and some of his men..."my Father was a Sargent"....took a jeep and a 50 cal. machine gun and went to the local villiage....well to his and his mens surprise on his way to the village they had to stop ...for a tree..well more like a telephone pole had come down across the single lane dirt road, so my Dad and his buddy Steve got out of the jeep to investagate...as they walked closer they saw it wasn't a telephone pole, that was laying across the lane, it was a HUGE snake...now my Father was a little freaked out...for he had never seen a snake this big before...being he was from Pa outside of Philly...so he went over to it to see if it was dead cause it wasn't moving...as he kicked it with his boot off the his left he heard the tall grass russle...there no more then 30 feet away he saw a head come up from the grass it was freaking huge he said....him and Steve hurried back to the jeep ....he got on the 50 cal. cocked it and opened fire, cutting the snake to pieces...when they were done the people in the village came out, and were so happy that the snake was dead they had a huge celebration that night..but the sad part was when the villagers cut the Snake open they found one of their little girls from the village dead inside the snake!!!!!

I just wanted to share that with you, as my father has since passed away, and thought it should be noted!

Robert Crue

Hello All I am writing you this note as my Father told it to me!!!!.....He was in the occupying forces of the United States Army, stationed in the Philippines back in 1945 to 1947....his and his mens job was to clean out the remaining Japanese soldiers!

On a steamy hot day in the Philippines, the army base had gotten some calls and letters from the local people complaining of a huge snake that had taken some children and farm animals...my Dad and some of his men..."my Father was a Sargent"....took a jeep and a 50 cal. machine gun and went to the local villiage....well to his and his mens surprise on his way to the village they had to stop ...for a tree..well more like a telephone pole had come down across the single lane dirt road, so my Dad and his buddy Steve got out of the jeep to investagate...as they walked closer they saw it wasn't a telephone pole, that was laying across the lane, it was a HUGE snake...now my Father was a little freaked out...for he had never seen a snake this big before...being he was from Pa outside of Philly...so he went over to it to see if it was dead cause it wasn't moving...as he kicked it with his boot off the his left he heard the tall grass russle...there no more then 30 feet away he saw a head come up from the grass it was freaking huge he said....him and Steve hurried back to the jeep ....he got on the 50 cal. cocked it and opened fire, cutting the snake to pieces...when they were done the people in the village came out, and were so happy that the snake was dead they had a huge celebration that night..but the sad part was when the villagers cut the Snake open they found one of their little girls from the village dead inside the snake!!!!!

I just wanted to share that with you, as my father has since passed away, and thought it should be noted!

Robert Crue

Sorry mate, but I think you Dad was telling you stories.

i remember my father telling a story about a large rattlesnake that reminded him of a speedbump here in North Carolina back in the 60's.

• 3 years later...

Well, i got a story too. About a giant snake which was summoned by my grandfather when he was younger. His story was unbelievable but based on what I have experience when he stayed in our house many years before he died, (in 1991, he was 85) he had done so many otherwordly things. According to him, he was taught of a prayer in latin that was so powerful that he himself could not imagine what it had done to him. That is why out of curiosity and excitement of the possible experience, he gave it a try. So he went to the forest (it was in the island of Catanduanes, my grandfather was a Bicolano) and said the prayers as he was instructed. After that he started to hear strange sound that was freakingly loud like that of a fallen tree trunk being pulled up. And so he said, he looked to the direction from where the loud noise is coming from. As he looked straight to the thing as it raised its head towards him, he saw, really closely, the biggest snake he has ever seen in his life! Then fainted and fell to ground as a result of fear, disbelief and the thought of that snake can swallow him whole instantly. As soon as he regained consciousness, he got up thinking that it has left. Only to be striken again by a horrifying scene of a giant snake staring closely at him as if it was waiting for his command. That was what it exactly waiting for, according to my grandfather. The instruction of his mentor was clear that after the giant snake arrives in front of him, he must say the other prayer to make the snake do what he would like it to do for him. But then, the terrifying-than-any-horror-movie sight of the gigantic snake changed his mind not to make fun of it and so he did the necessary, to make it leave in peace and so he too may live in peace, he he. And right after that horrfying experience, he said to himself that he will never do that again. He even ask me if I would like to give it a try, and of course my immediate answer was a big NO. NO WAY! But I strongly believe that who ever taught my grandfather that ability must have gotten this from another person or from perhaps a group of people who practice black magic or what ever you can call it. These people for sure know this creature exist. These people might have passed it along to the younger generations that they choose to teach and those who are brave enough to face the giant. And for sure, this creature is not yet EXTINCT!