Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Report says Bush wars cost average US family

Bob26003

CIA Told Bush There Were No WMD In Iraq In 2002

Remember that joke film clip that President Bush made for the Radio and Television Correspondents' dinner in 2004 wherein he made a mockery of the search for WMD's...looking under a chair in the Oval Office and so forth? Well, it turns out that that was about as seriously as he took the CIA and their intelligence that there were no WMD's in Iraq before he sent us to war. This is according to an exclusive in Salon.com by Sidney Blumenthal.

On Sept. 18, 2002, CIA director George Tenet briefed President Bush in the Oval Office on top-secret intelligence that Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction, according to two former senior CIA officers. Bush dismissed as worthless this information from the Iraqi foreign minister, a member of Saddam's inner circle, although it turned out to be accurate in every detail. Tenet never brought it up again.

Again, Tenet should have simply send a report to Congress too that there were no WMD. I mean all he has to do was wispher it to Harry Reid.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Bob26003

• Unlimited

• Atheist God

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, I believe it was CBS that originally reported it. Give it up Aroces. Everyone in America knows we were lied into this War.

Everyone except you. :hmm:

Nope, it is you who been lied too by the Dem. and up to now you have not figured it out.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0305-01.htm

Blix: Iraq War Was Illegal

Mr Blix said that while it was possible to argue that Iraq had breached the ceasefire by violating UN resolutions adopted since 1991, the "ownership" of the resolutions rested with the entire 15-member Security Council and not with individual states. "It's the Security Council that is party to the ceasefire, not the UK and US individually, and therefore it is the council that has ownership of the ceasefire, in my interpretation."

Now Tenet tells us there were no WMD

THE THREE short sentences at the beginning of Chapter 17 of former CIA Director George Tenet's memoir, "At the Center of the Storm," tell it all: "The United States did not go to war in Iraq solely because of WMD. I doubt it was even the principal cause. Yet it was the public face that was put on it."

Consider the deep cynicism of that statement, playing as it does on the gravest threat to humanity's survival -- an apocalyptic nuclear conflagration -- to exploit the fears of a nation raw from the 9/11 attacks. The "mushroom cloud" over Manhattan that now-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Vice President Dick Cheney warned against was nothing more than a cheap rhetorical trick to justify an agenda of imperial intervention in the Middle East that long preceded the 9/11 attacks. The goal was to bamboozle Americans into supporting the restructuring of the politics of the Mideast to accord with the fantasies of a small band of neoconservative rogues who had insinuated themselves into the highest levels of the U.S. government.

<a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGEBOS9861.DTL" target="_blank">http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGEBOS9861.DTL</a>

You are the one who has fallen for the lies Aroces.

Edited by Bob26003

Now Tenet tells us there were no WMD

THE THREE short sentences at the beginning of Chapter 17 of former CIA Director George Tenet's memoir, "At the Center of the Storm," tell it all: "The United States did not go to war in Iraq solely because of WMD. I doubt it was even the principal cause. Yet it was the public face that was put on it."

Consider the deep cynicism of that statement, playing as it does on the gravest threat to humanity's survival -- an apocalyptic nuclear conflagration -- to exploit the fears of a nation raw from the 9/11 attacks. The "mushroom cloud" over Manhattan that now-Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Vice President Dick Cheney warned against was nothing more than a cheap rhetorical trick to justify an agenda of imperial intervention in the Middle East that long preceded the 9/11 attacks. The goal was to bamboozle Americans into supporting the restructuring of the politics of the Mideast to accord with the fantasies of a small band of neoconservative rogues who had insinuated themselves into the highest levels of the U.S. government.

<a href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGEBOS9861.DTL" target="_blank">http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...EDGEBOS9861.DTL</a>

You are the one who has fallen for the lies Aroces.

I guess Tenet made sure he profits when he reveals what he knows back then. ;)

Same question that I have asked before, why did the UN or Hans Blix simply have OFFICIALLY declared that Iraq was not a threat anymore and pulle dall sanctions and resolutions if they were so certain that the US invasion is not neccesary. IT WOULD HAVE STOPPED THE WAR.

No it wouldn't have. Bush was determined to invade no matter what. This information is freely available. you choose to ignore it.

No it wouldn't have. Bush was determined to invade no matter what. This information is freely available. you choose to ignore it.

bush was gonna invade iraq when he was governor of texas..al gonzales talked him out of it... :D

Then it was not me who chose to ignore the information if it was freely available.

The UN, Hans Blix and the entire Congress did, not me.

Then it was not me who chose to ignore the information if it was freely available.

Actually the information back then was classified and not freely available to anyone who wanted it.

Your ignoring information now because the facts don't go along your ideology.

Actually the information back then was classified and not freely available to anyone who wanted it.

Your ignoring information now because the facts don't go along your ideology.

Classified? Who then provided the classified info?

How come congress then not go after Tenet for withholding classifed info since they were voting for the war?

Why bother classifying information if it's going to be given to Congress? There's more leaks there than at the Three Gorges Dam.

Then you can't stop your false claim that it would have stopped the war.

You can also stop changing my words. I said it IS freely available (as in now) not WAS. It was available to Bush and he simply didn't care.

Edited by ninjadude

Then you can't stop your false claim that it would have stopped the war.

You can also stop changing my words. I said it IS freely available (as in now) not WAS. It was available to Bush and he simply didn't care.

I can't? I guess you mean I can. Imagine, the UN offcially declares that Saddam is not a threat anymore, all sanction and resolutions are being withdrawn.

How can congress even vote for the war even if Bush pushes for it?

How can Bush send the US armed forces when UN Resolution 17 has been withdrawn?

All intelligence he saw the leaders of congress saw and then voted for it.

If Bush was mad enough to go into Iraq knowing there is no WMD, it just make sense for him to plant one then.

Edited by AROCES

If Bush was mad enough to go into Iraq knowing there is no WMD, it just make sense for him to plant one then.

he tried to plant WMD...but people stopped him...who?..guess. the CIA thats why he outed their agents...

he tried to plant WMD...but people stopped him...who?..guess. the CIA thats why he outed their agents...

Oh yeah, the yellowcake. I bet had Joe Wilson not exposed that lie, they would have found yellowcake in Iraq.

What a group of criminals.

What is it suppose to cost? A penny? This what happens during war time. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen. :/

You mean govt agents can knock down the World Trade center, conspire for Iraqs WMD, but can't simply plant a yellow cake???

Oh gosh, you need to move on now to the conspiracy and fairy tale forum.

Edited by AROCES

You mean govt agents can knock down the World Trade center, conspire for Iraqs WMD, but can't simply plant a yellow cake???

Oh gosh, you need to move on now to the conspiracy and fairy tale forum.

life is a conspiracy...you just have to connect the dots.....

life is a conspiracy...you just have to connect the dots.....

Seems like your dots are not numbered and you just connect it randomly.

It is a well known fact that the Yellowcake story was a pure lie.

That is not conspiracy Aroces, that is reality.

That is not conspiracy Aroces, that is reality.

Tell that to the British then.

Edited by AROCES

lol

yeah Joe Wilson was never the most honest person

http://www.factcheck.org/bushs_16_words_on_iraq_uranium.html

Its depressing reading about this stuff and seeing how incompetent the CIA and Tennet were

Thats the problem right there, it isn't Bush and the Neocons, its the idiots feeding them the raw information