Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can you travil the universe

talib

I don’t know much about scientific reasoning or theories but a program on PBS about Islam got me started on this quest about learning the universe. I never paid any attention about anything before till on that program they said that Mohamed saw the whole universe in one night. Now we all know that’s not possible but it got me thinking hypothetically let say if he did how it was possible. I heard about Hawkins getting Nobel prize for his theory in which he said “ for every black hole there is a white hole which spits the matter out” I don’t know it in scientifical way but that’s what it meant. Then I was watching this video which I rented from the library in the video a scientist said that if you are to be thrown in a black hole your body will stretch till it is thinner then spaghetti but you won’t feel any pain because time doesn’t exist there. Now if Hawkins is right then a black hole is more like a doorway and if someone is to go though it they can travel the universe and come back in the same night it is possible as Muslim say that he was riding a BURAQ man faced flying horse which could fly faster then the speed of light now this was fourteen hundred years ago and all that stuff about the doorway in the sky and infinite number of universes is mentioned in that tail of travel after reading all this I am confused I a believer but I am looking in to this matter with an open mind and I was hoping if any of you could clear my mind about this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leadbelly

• magnetar

• ApaX

• talib

Top Posters In This Topic

The islamic personage you refer to was a political and military leader with a penchant for setting the behavior and reinforcing the standards over those he ruled, in a manner of speaking.

If you believe anything that is either written by or about him, you are starting off on the wrong foot, right there. Would you bet one iota that any of that is true, in as much as the gory or rudimentary facts of his typical human life, so many years ago in a tribal society, convey anything but halftruths?

Perhaps you should read a little on the general history of astronomy. That does include the interesting Islamic ideas regarding mathematics that midieval Europeans incorporated into their deliberations. Those have substance and more reality.

Maragheh observatory

and

Muslim Astronomy and Copernicus

and, not to forget an example of clear, deliberative thought- Aristarchus

Aristarchus of Samos

So, it only makes sense that any story regarding an islamic leader has as much credability as the concept of worshiping a giant rock. Better to learn geology, instead. And, rely on your own common sense. Thus, any stories you refer to are filled with metaphor and exageration, with not even the slightest or luckiest connection to any scientifically sound idea.

There is no way that anything, as of post-Roman era, be it a lightwave or a man, traveled the know expanse of the universe in a day. And, there is no evidence for white holes existing, but plenty to suggest that ultra-dense, collapsed and warped stellar objects, known as black holes, do exist.

Most galactic outbursts in the known Universe are considered related to stars, and/or flare-ups that happen in the material surrounding rotating black holes. I can not think of any "softer source" of radiating light events (from radio waves, up to gamma-rays)

that would suggest a white hole, versus other things.

That's just my two cents.

Edited by leadbelly

Is there any white hole discovered yet?

Is there any white hole discovered yet?

No, because they are still only a theoretical thing. I can see how Hawking talks about white holes because energy and matter are conserved in a system (i.e. the universe) so as matter gets sucked in by a black hole, it must be spit out by a white hole.

If the matter escapes through a trap door, or exits through white hole, the density of the black hole singlarity (or near-singularity) would decrease. One needs to establish the rates at which this would occur. In the mean time, things like supermassive black holes, and galactic nuclei would perhaps never have attained their current densities with something like white holes occuring. IMO.

I recall something about the largest suspected black hole being in an old, giant elliptical galaxy. Now, at that age, would not the white-hole-effect have changed all that?