Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official UM Trivia Thread

Saru

Q. What is the name of the railroad truck used to replace the wood-beam trucks used on early American railroad cars?

hint: It's not the kind of truck you drive.

I'll take another stab.......

A. Bettendorf??? dontgetit.gif

Nice try, but no bubble gum cigar. The truck I'm looking for came several decades before the Bettendorf.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djdodo

• Lionel

• Nxt2Hvn

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

Q. What is the name of the railroad truck used to replace the wood-beam trucks used on early American railroad cars?

Nice try, but no bubble gum cigar. The truck I'm looking for came several decades before the Bettendorf.

Ok Exeter, I'm getting flustered here. This will be my last stab. One can only stab so many times...... tongue.gif

A. Archbars??? blink.gif

Ok Exeter, I'm getting flustered here. This will be my last stab. One can only stab so many times...... tongue.gif

A. Archbars??? blink.gif

Your stab hit the bulls eye! You get the points. w00t.gifclap.gifthumbup.gif

Q. What is the name of Mulder and Scully's supervisor on the X-files?

A. Assistant Director Walter Skinner

Q. What is the name of Mulder and Scully's supervisor on the X-files?

A. Assistant Director Walter Skinner

A. Walter Skinner.

Wooohooo Exeter thumbsup.gif

Way to goooooo!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Sorry for the delay in response Exeter. blush.gif

Sorry for the delay in response Exeter.

No prob, Allie. Sticking with X Files...

Q. What is the name of Skinner's wife?

A: Sharon

A: Sharon

We have a winner!

Q. In the 60s, besides Bob Moog what was the name of the other person who pioneered the development of the electronic music synthesizer?

This is an absolute stab in the dark...but...uhm...Claude Denjean?...or something of the sort? blink.gifdisgust.gif

This is an absolute stab in the dark...but...uhm...Claude Denjean?...or something of the sort? blink.gif  disgust.gif

Nope, try again.

Q. In the 60s, besides Bob Moog what was the name of the other person who pioneered the development of the electronic music synthesizer?

A. Deutsch - 1964

Ok, I'm going to take a stab....

A. Sal Matirano- 1969????

Sorry. I should have been more specific with my question. I was initially referring to American synth designers, however I will accept the name of the third person who also began building synth circuits around the same time as Moog.

A. Deutsch - 1964

Nope. Herb Deutsch was a composer who inspired Bob Moog to design synthesizer modules, but he (Deutch) never designed or built any of his own.

Ok, I'm going to take a stab....

A. Sal Matirano- 1969????

Nice try, but not quite. Sal Martirano did design a strange and unique keyboard controller, but modular synthesizers had already been around for several years.

American synth designers, however I will accept the name of the third person who also began building synth circuits around the same time as Moog.

Don Buchla and Phil Dodds were both designing synthesizers for different companies around the same time as Moog.

Herb Deutsch was a composer who inspired Bob Moog to design synthesizer modules

* Luce did not inspire Moog to build the synthesizer. Moog had already developed the basics himself, but didn't know what to do with it. He just knew it could manipulate sounds. Moog and Luce worked together (Moog on the mechanics, Luce on the music) to develop the basic components into a practical application.

I was looking for either Donald Buchla or Paul Ketoff. Don Buchla worked on the west coast, USA, while Bob Moog worked on the east coast. At the same time, Paul Ketoff was a sound engineer in Rome when he began work on his synthesizer circuitry.

Phil Dodds didn't begin working on synthesizers until he joined with Alan R. Pearlman a year or two later (timelines vary slightly from source to source).

Timeline

* Luce did not inspire Moog to build the synthesizer. Moog had already developed the basics himself, but didn't know what to do with it. He just knew it could manipulate sounds. Moog and Luce worked together (Moog on the mechanics, Luce on the music) to develop the basic components into a practical application.

Very well put. I stand corrected.

Q.  What was the first animated film featuring synchonized sound?

A. Steamboat Willie?

Steamboat Willie it is! thumbsup.gif