Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Official UM Trivia Thread

Saru

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• djdodo

• Lionel

• Nxt2Hvn

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

Me and my choo choos... wacko.gif

Q. What is the only American railroad that has never changed it's name since it's beginning?

Q. What is the only American railroad that has never changed it's name since it's beginning?

A. Union Pacific Railroad

You're right! A point for Lionel! thumbsup.gif

BTW, your nick wouldn't have anything to do with a certain manufacturer, would it? huh.gif

Q. What is "Daltonism"?

A. "Dalton," as any movie goer knows, was the main character played by Patrick Swayze in "Roadhouse." In this feature, Dalton was a soft spoken bar bouncer... a very effective bouncer. During his lecture to class of bouncer wannabes he recited a series of events that could, and most likely would, occure during the course of an evening which would require action on the behalf of his crew. His main point was that for any adversity, the crew was to follow the one simple rule -- "Be Nice." It was primarily this rule that eventually lead to a very nasty encounter Dalton had with one of his students (not shown in the movie, as it occured some time afterwards). This student allegedly whoped Dalton up side his head with a rather large, yellow smiley face sign. The resulting head trauma had the effect of crossing several optical receptors in Dalton's brain, causing a significant blurring and merging of certain wavelengths of light. The attack itself was shown in court, by the defendents highly paid pshychiatrist, was a result of total immersion of his client in the yellow, smiley place of "Be Happy," hence known as the "Daltonism."

Alternately, "Daltonism" is a form of colorblindness, particularly of the colors red and green. Thogh not technically related, the coincidence is quite unsettling. original.gif

Q. What is "Daltonism"?

Alternately, "Daltonism" is a form of colorblindness, particularly of the colors red and green. Thogh not technically related, the coincidence is quite unsettling. original.gif

correct schadeaux thumbsup.gif

BTW, your nick wouldn't have anything to do with a certain manufacturer, would it? huh.gif

You mean "Lionel"? That’s my real name.

Sorry, Lionel, I was just kidding. You may or may not know this, but "Lionel" is also the name of a top-of-the-line US toy train manufacturer.

Q. What was the name of the original short story that inspired the movie "The Thing"?

Lionel said:

A. Dakota Sioux ?

Exeter said:

A. The Teton Sioux Nation?

I would have to say that both are correct. thumbsup.gif

Way to go guys!!! wink2.gif

Teton, Dakota Indian chief under whom the Sioux tribes united in their struggle for survival on the North American Great Plains. Sitting Bull is remembered for his lifelong distrust of white men and his stubborn determination to resist their domination.

Sitting Bull 1831-1890.

Sorry, Lionel, I was just kidding. You may or may not know this, but "Lionel" is also the name of a top-of-the-line US toy train manufacturer.

Q. What was the name of the original short story that inspired the movie "The Thing"?

A. Who Goes There????

"Lionel" is also the name of a top-of-the-line US toy train manufacturer.

I knew that. When I was a little girl, I asked for a train set for christmas.

And that was what I received. I wish I knew where it was today...

A. Who Goes There????

"Lionel" is also the name of a top-of-the-line US toy train manufacturer.

I knew that. When I was a little girl, I asked for a train set for christmas.

And that was what I received. I wish I knew where it was today...

You've got it Allie!

And, about your train set, It would be great if you could find it. Classic Lionel can go for thousands of $$$ these days. w00t.gif

Q. Who said, "If it weren't for pickpockets I'd have no sex life at all."

A. Rodney Dangerfield

He is so funny laugh.gif

By the way exeter, is that another one of your creations????

It looks kinda scary scared.gif

Q. Who said, "If it weren't for pickpockets I'd have no sex life at all."

A. Rodney Dangerfield

He is so funny laugh.gif

Correct! Wow, Allie, either you're too quick, or I'm too easy... ohmy.gif

Umm...you know what I mean... tongue.gif

Yup, that's me. Blushing as usual. wub.gif

Yup, that's me. Blushing as usual. wub.gif

Well you look Marrrrvelouuuus!!!! wub.gif

Here is another one of Rodney's great one liners: "My wife said she'd like to have sex in the back seat of the car... and she wanted me to drive."

Wow, Allie, either you're too quick, or I'm too easy.... ohmy.gif

Well..... whistling2.gifwub.gif

Well you look Marrrrvelouuuus!!!!

Whyyy, thank you very much. wub.gifcool.gif

Rodney's great. Here's another one of his, "And we were poor too. Why if I wasn't born a boy, I'd have had nothing to play with."

Q. Who said, "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women."

Rodney's great. Here's another one of his, "And we were poor too. Why if I wasn't born a boy, I'd have had nothing to play with."

Q. Who said, "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men, the other 999 follow women."

A. Groucho Marx

Wooohooo!!! wub.gif

A. Groucho Marx

Wooohooo!!! wub.gif

There's no stopping you (I like that)! wub.gif

You get the point! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Here's an easy one.

Q. Which book has been published, sold and translated more than any other book in history ?

A. The Bible

Correct Allie... thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I hope someday, I will be able to post a question, which you won’t be able to answer crying.gif