Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Auditors "fail" EU accounts

ships-cat

Accountants have refused to sign off the European Unions accounts for a thirteenth consecutive year. Their report criticies the commission itself for errors, stating that "Errors of legality and regularity" still persist, and are "caused by poor knowledge of complex rules but presumes that fraud also exists.

"

full story

Perhaps the EU should worry less about enlarging itself and increasing its legal control over member nations, and more about getting its house in order first.

Meow Purr.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevewinn

• itsnotoutthere

• ships-cat

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Accountants have refused to sign off the European Unions accounts for a thirteenth consecutive year. Their report criticies the commission itself for errors, stating that "Errors of legality and regularity" still persist, and are "caused by poor knowledge of complex rules but presumes that fraud also exists.

"

full story

Perhaps the EU should worry less about enlarging itself and increasing its legal control over member nations, and more about getting its house in order first.

Meow Purr.

What a suprise! I wonder how being in the EU actually benefits Britain?

What a suprise! I wonder how being in the EU actually benefits Britain?

Good Question, we still havent got are rebate back from the EU, what was it 7 Billion? we pay the EU £10 billion and get back £5 billion? how does that work, mind you, you only have to look at what the EU spends its money on, utter waste,

countries that Benefit from the EU are

France 24%

Spain 15%

Germany 14%

Italy 12%

Greece 8%

United Kingdom 7%

Ireland 4%

Other 16%

The EU should have just been the United Kingdom, France and Germany. but they keep expanding it

This particular story really infuriates me. If you run a private company & dont sign off your accounts, just watch how fast the full weight of the law comes down on you.

We all know that the ordinary joe taxpayer is being shat on from a great height from these faceless nonjob bast**ds & yet we carry on voting for a government that allows them to do it.

Guy Fawkes was truly a visionary.

This particular story really infuriates me. If you run a private company & dont sign off your accounts, just watch how fast the full weight of the law comes down on you.

We all know that the ordinary joe taxpayer is being shat on from a great height from these faceless nonjob bast**ds & yet we carry on voting for a government that allows them to do it.

Guy Fawkes was truly a visionary.

I'm no expert but i gather that EU laws and regulations are more strivtly enforced here than they are anywhere else in europe.

I'm no expert but i gather that EU laws and regulations are more strivtly enforced here than they are anywhere else in europe.

There was a news item a couple of weeks ago about how the italians had arrested some suspected muslim terrorists, & how they had deported them streight away. so if we are all in the E.U. & all signed up to the declaration of human rights howcome they can deport terroist suspects & we can't. ?

I work in the building trade (architectural technician) & health & safety legislation on building site is rediculously strict. When was the last time you saw anyone on a building site in spain or greece wearing a hardhat & steel toecaps?

The UK has a good reputation for integrating EU rulings into its own domestic national laws, and implementing them.

Other countries, notably France, Germany and - I believe - Greece have a reputation for ignoring (at least in the short term) anything that they don't like.

In regard to that table of countries who 'benefit' from the EU. They may get MONEY from the EU, but it can only be spent on EU sanctioned (sometimes mandated) projects.

Meow Purr.

The EU....what of earth are we gonna do with you?

Once again the EU demonstrates just how corrupt they are...

Any chance you could type a brief synopsis. I'm at work and unable to watch videos

The European Economic Community (EEC) began as a free-trade agreement in 1972. Today's European Union is well on its way to becoming a federal superstate, complete with one currency, one legal system, one military, one police force - even its own national anthem.

In this shocking new documentary featuring EU insiders and commentators, independent author Phillip Day covers the history and goals of the European Union, as well as the disturbing, irrevocable implications this new government has for every citizen. Whether the viewer is for or against participation, this film asks the troubling questions the mainstream media has refused to confront.

The European Economic Community (EEC) began as a free-trade agreement in 1972. Today's European Union is well on its way to becoming a federal superstate, complete with one currency, one legal system, one military, one police force - even its own national anthem.

In this shocking new documentary featuring EU insiders and commentators, independent author Phillip Day covers the history and goals of the European Union, as well as the disturbing, irrevocable implications this new government has for every citizen. Whether the viewer is for or against participation, this film asks the troubling questions the mainstream media has refused to confront.

nice one. 42 mins in two paragraphs :tu:

"

full story

Meow Purr.

Maybe they should just do what we do here in the States and run with a big deficit. At least all the money grubbing and spending is on the books. Or... at least most of it is. The Conspiricy people will point to lots of mystery money holes in the budget.

"

full story

Meow Purr.

Hmm... did ypu forget this part or does it not fit in with your message:

The commission is responsible for overseeing the handling of the budget and the auditors praise the "considerable efforts" made to address the weaknesses in its management of risk to EU funding.

Oh well ......that makes all the difference.....good ol' E.U.

It gets worse this EU.

EU 'should expand beyond Europe'

Foreign Secretary David Miliband has suggested the European Union should work towards including Russia, Middle Eastern and North African countries. He said enlargement was "our most powerful tool" for extending stability. In his first major speech on the UK's relationship with Europe, he said the EU would not become a "superpower" but should be a "role model" for the world.

Britain is already disliked by Europe you only have to watch the Euro-vision song contest :P . I say bring on an election, this Government has lost touch and if left in power. we'll (UK) all be going to hell in a hand cart.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7095657.stm

Edited by stevewinn

The latter.

I also ommitted the bit about the blame for many accounting lapses being down to the individual nations, who failed to provide the Commission with a proper breakdown of how they had spent project money. (hence making it difficult for the Commision to balance its own accounts).

However, as Lead Author on this Summary for Policymakers by the IPCC (Interfeline Panel on Criticising the Commision), I felt that this data merely distracted from the 'big picture', and would confuse people. AFter all, we are already 95% certain that the Commission is corrupt and inefective. Accordingly, any evidence to the contrary MUST be flawed and can safely be ignored. Anyone suggesting otherwise is a traitor and should be shot.

The full WG-1 report actually exhonorates the commission from all blame. However, in accordance with IPCC practice, this report is currently being re-edited in order to conform with the findings of the Summary for Policymakers, and once conformed, will be published with no publicity.

Errr.... I'm..... awfully sorry. I appear to have conflated two seperate rants there.

<wanders off to lie down>

Meow Purr.