Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN Host calls for Military to Silence

Borat

Neo-Con host Glenn Beck and ex-Marxist David Horowitz smeared Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left as terrorist sympathizers and inferred that the U.S. military should be used to silence them.

They use guy fawkes ( calling him a terrorist) to smear Ron Paul . I do not even think the english call him a terrorist , he is just a historical (catholic) figure from the tudor/stuart times that tried to blow up the houses of parliament (protestant) . They are stretching this terrorist term too far to include a 16th/17th century figure that was just part of a religious struggle at the time in england.

But you are not concerned about him i know. The link is about more fool commentary from your news agencies in another seeming assault on your right to free speech.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unlimited

• Borat

• Stardrive

• Papaver

Glen Beck is a mouthpiece for the neocons....he should be rounded up with the rest of them...if your a ron paul supporter watch out..remember huey long!

Glen Beck is a mouthpiece for the neocons....he should be rounded up with the rest of them...if your a ron paul supporter watch out..remember huey long!

Why would you want to stoop to his level. Silence those who dont agree with you, why? Because they could be right and that threatens your world view and sense of security bout your personal ideas.

Why would you want to stoop to his level. Silence those who dont agree with you, why? Because they could be right and that threatens your world view and sense of security bout your personal ideas.

when right wing tv speaks people are actually listening....so; if you support paul you should be rounded up by the military because it's a form of dissent?...my world view is safe..i'm worried about the sheep that listen to these fearmongers...Glen compares ahmidinahad to hitler about every third soundbite...he's all for world peace...cradle you think glenn might be right to have you arrested for supporting a candidate?...i bet you love martial law and your strongarm tactics...hopefully when the jackboots hit the street ..they'll leave you alone?..

Edited by Unlimited

I've only seen him once, and even then thought he's an idiot.

No, because such people are a pain in the ass and threaten your powerbase. That's a fundamental difference.

Edited by Volos

I'd like to see the US army take on American citizens.

What a dust up that'd be. One thing I have always admired about America is the armed citizenry. If your government ever gets violent against the people then they're going to have a fight on their hands.

Where I come from we've been effectively disarmed for nearly a hundred years. Don't let it happen to you, don't let them take away or restrict your guns because one day you may well need them for something more than hunting and home defence.

I already sent glenn and his pal stew a nasty email..these guys hate me..lol..he's got an agenda that goes beyond selling airtime..

linked-image

If george washington hadnt been a terrorist insurgent; we wouldnt be having this talk probably...

Glenn Beck should think before he speaks. Remember that comment you made a couple months ago Glenn?

Neo-Con host Glenn Beck and ex-Marxist David Horowitz smeared Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left as terrorist sympathizers and inferred that the U.S. military should be used to silence them.

</a>

They use guy fawkes ( calling him a terrorist) to smear Ron Paul . I do not even think the english call him a terrorist , he is just a historical (catholic) figure from the tudor/stuart times that tried to blow up the houses of parliament (protestant) . They are stretching this terrorist term too far to include a 16th/17th century figure that was just part of a religious struggle at the time in england.

But you are not concerned about him i know. The link is about more fool commentary from your news agencies in another seeming assault on your right to free speech.

The anti-war left are terrorist sympathizers. But Beck and Horowitz didn't say that nor imply that the US military should silence them. That is what YOU inferred.

If george washington hadnt been a terrorist insurgent; we wouldnt be having this talk probably...

Silly statement of the day.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

you dont know US history then...he stood up to the most powerful imperialists on the planet. and threw them out of here, and stole all their equipment....

you dont know US history then...he stood up to the most powerful imperialists on the planet. and threw them out of here, and stole all their equipment....

Of course I do. If you feel the G. Washington was a terrorist than prove it. Did he routinely kill innocent civilians? Did he use terror as a means of controlling the populace? Did he wear a uniform? Displacing the British in battle and confiscating their equipment is not terrorism. Look up the meaning.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

We hadn't forgotten Unlimited.

We're just biding out time :P

Meow Purr.

Meow Purr.

i didnt mean a terrorist in todays standard...and kitty..we'll be ready.. :D

Beck and Horowitz are absolutely sickening.

People like them are one of the reasons we are so sick of the status quo crap.

But, they will get what they deserve.

Horowitz can't even speak at a Public University because of all the protests.

And Beck, probably couldn't walk down the Street in any Middle class neighborhood, IF people knew who he was.

These propagandists should be pushed to margins. They represent the exact opposite of what America is all about.

America is about dissent, the disenfranchised becoming the franchised, people's right to protest and demand that their Gov work in their interests................

Beck and Horowitz are nothing but fall in line authoritarian schills of the establishment.

These propagandists should be pushed to margins. They represent the exact opposite of what America is all about.

America is about dissent, the disenfranchised becoming the franchised, people's right to protest and demand that their Gov work in their interests................

Beck and Horowitz are nothing but fall in line authoritarian schills of the establishment.

true true...these guys are used as tools to spread the fear...you learn to trust them every morning from 9-12, then he's pumping you up to stop the new hitler...becks a dangerous tool like rush..

true true...these guys are used as tools to spread the fear...you learn to trust them every morning from 9-12, then he's pumping you up to stop the new hitler...becks a dangerous tool like rush..

Actually he pumps people up to support the new Hitler.

Actually he pumps people up to support the new Hitler.

ya it's confusing who to believe...should I believe bush about Iran? he's a proven liar...or do i listen to the IAEA, and guys who have been there...this is simple..I listen to the IAEA, bush is pure evil...

we are so sick of the status quo crap.

Hear hear! I always thougth they were sh**e too.

Three chord tricks and crap like "Down Down".

Bring back Nirvana. (That's one for the folks who talk to the dead)

Hear hear! I always thougth they were sh**e too.

Three chord tricks and crap like "Down Down".

Bring back Nirvana. (That's one for the folks who talk to the dead)

Eh, dunno, always loved that green Telecaster the vocalist had.......

Of course I do. If you feel the G. Washington was a terrorist than prove it. Did he routinely kill innocent civilians? Did he use terror as a means of controlling the populace? Did he wear a uniform? Displacing the British in battle and confiscating their equipment is not terrorism. Look up the meaning.

revolutionist

noun

a radical supporter of political or social revolution

"one person's terrorist is another person's freedom fighter."

that aside, it's often argued that parts of the American Revolution, like the Boston Tea Party, was a terrorist act.

and Washington didn't fight the English as had been the 'rules of war' ( a shoulder to shoulder stance) but fought it more like the insurgents in Iraq are doing. That would be under definition ' terrorism'.

The patriot minuteman raced ahead of the British army, hiding behind trees, rocks, houses and barns alongside the roads. The British army made an easy target for patriot snipers as they marched in straight lines in their red uniforms.

Spy Letters of the American Revolution

Remember the British thought we were 'terrorists'. calling Washington and his troops banditti ( aka terrorists)

http://www.wovoca.com/hidden-history-american-revolution.htm

Most terrorism throughout history has been directed against governments (what is called political or revolutionary terrorism) so by definition ...................

when right wing tv speaks people are actually listening....so; if you support paul you should be rounded up by the military because it's a form of dissent?...my world view is safe..i'm worried about the sheep that listen to these fearmongers...Glen compares ahmidinahad to hitler about every third soundbite...he's all for world peace...cradle you think glenn might be right to have you arrested for supporting a candidate?...i bet you love martial law and your strongarm tactics...hopefully when the jackboots hit the street ..they'll leave you alone?..

Please, dont be so foolish. I'm not defending his comments, I'm defending his right to them. Glen is an ignorant bigot, he compares Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Adolf Hitler, then turns around and suggests that the army should use a tactic which Hitler and so many other dictators have used in the past. That to me suggests he doesnt know anything about Ahmadinejad, Hitler, terrorism, nazism, Iranian history or anti-war movements. Does anyone else think the world is complete backwards and insane when people who are opposed to armies going in to small countries, destroying the infrastructure and murdering civilians are demonized?

You confuse defending the freedom of speech of someone with defending someone. Sure, he shouldn't be given a megaphone for his backwards views, but nobody has the right to try and censor him.

The anti-war left are terrorist sympathizers. But Beck and Horowitz didn't say that nor imply that the US military should silence them. That is what YOU inferred.

Why would anti-war people be sympathetic for people who make war? I think your statement is the silly one. Terrorism is a tactic, nothing else. How are the people who use it any different than the people who use long distance missiles to kill their enemy? I despise all forms of senseless violence. Gandhi showed that non-violent protest can work, I fail to see why there isnt a palestinian non-violent radical willing to obey "Thou Shalt Not Kill" when trying to get Israel out of their face. Maybe it's out of fear of what might happen, but it might work, and they might live to see change, whereas a terrorist probably wont, and that change wont completely be for the better.

You dont understand that terrorism is all a matter of perspective. I'm sure the british trying to hold on to the country with their ancient forms of battle would have seen the revolutionaries as terrorists, or something similiar. An act which is viewed as a terrorism by one group is viewed as a blow against oppression by another. I wouldnt go so far to say that george washington and his american cronies were terrorists, but I think they could have been much worse, when you consider slavery and the elimination of native americans.

Meow Purr.

Dang, you guys really know how to hold a grudge...My wife spent her formative years in London, that must be where she gets that from :) hmmmm...

These guys are blowhards...I find it ironic though that just a few posts in somebody calls to have them rounded up...

People get to say what they want to say, even when you think it is idiotic. If we were to round people up for saying idiotic things, we would all be in trouble at one point or another.