Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Government plan to allow Lesbian IVF

Syd Boggle

MPs and peers from all parties, backed by both Anglican and Catholic church leaders, will ambush legislation intended to let lesbian couples become parents to test-tube babies without any involvement of a father beyond donating sperm

Full Daily mail article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Surely this is wrong, any kid being brought up by a same sex couple is going to suffer!

Suffer at the hand of their peers

Suffer at the hands of their "Guardians" clearly making a mockery of nature!

Society is so obsessed with being forward thinking, and revolutionary , it results in being grotesquely backward !! Makes me sick.....

This government is pushing its luck!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syd Boggle

• Lt_Ripley

• Bill Hill

• jaylemurph

MPs and peers from all parties, backed by both Anglican and Catholic church leaders, will ambush legislation intended to let lesbian couples become parents to test-tube babies without any involvement of a father beyond donating sperm

Full Daily mail article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Surely this is wrong, any kid being brought up by a same sex couple is going to suffer!

Society is so obsessed with being forward thinking, and revolutionary , it results in being grotesquely backward !! Makes me sick.....

I agree with everything you've said. Has a country we're going backwards, and experts wonder why we have social breakdown, :no:

until you know what your talking about -- how about not ?

and Lesbians have been having kids for ages.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Some may argue that the kid will suffer because of the attitudes of bigots like yourself. Are you against same sex marriage too?

Edited by Spanky_

Being the brother of a lasbian sister who also was artificially inseminated. I have mixed emotions over this issue but lean more and more to the right on this issue. I see first hand what not having a father is doing to his life. Simple things like standing up to urinate. Having both sexes influence him as he developes. He does not refer to his "mother" as mom or mommy or momma but by some psuedo intellectual title of "TaTa" derived as she says from some African language. No one in his life is Dad or Daddy or Father. No male role model at all. It is sad that she is so gung-ho on being a lesbian and making a statement that she is oblivious to the harm being inflicted on this beautiful child. Yes de-evolution at its finest..

until you know what your talking about -- how about not ?

How about you make some sense Ripley! seems to be a common trait in your posts, You judge a post, offering a mere insult as a reply, and yet, not offering any insight, from your "liberally illuminated mind"...... you probably cut & paste your replies from the guardian newspaper!

I have always wondered what could prompt people to be so concerned about what other people are doing when it comes to things like this. To have such outrage about this over so many other things that seem so much more outrageous...

In what way, exactly? And is the suffering any different a child that grows up with just one parent?

...I bet you had a father around, and clearly, you're clearly perfectly well socially adjusted.

Being the brother of a lasbian sister who also was artificially inseminated. I have mixed emotions over this issue but lean more and more to the right on this issue. I see first hand what not having a father is doing to his life. Simple things like standing up to urinate. Having both sexes influence him as he developes. He does not refer to his "mother" as mom or mommy or momma but by some psuedo intellectual title of "TaTa" derived as she says from some African language. No one in his life is Dad or Daddy or Father. No male role model at all. It is sad that she is so gung-ho on being a lesbian and making a statement that she is oblivious to the harm being inflicted on this beautiful child. Yes de-evolution at its finest..

Yes, I'm sure this has virtually crippled him physically and emotionally for the rest of his life...

--Jaylemurph

Some may argue that the kid will suffer because of attitudes of bigots like yourself. Are you against same sex marriage too?

I couldn't care less about gay fetishist marriage, however i believe that bringing/forcing a child into their little fantasy world, and thinking that the child will grow up, feeling fine with the marital set up, is a pipe dream!

Kids need stability, and also normality, even if other kids dont say anything, do you believe that the said child will feel Normal? No of course not!

its like kids with parents are much older than the peers, they to feel embarrassed, but in this case, you can times it by 1000.....

If all you can do is label anyone who question the morals of this social madness as "Bigoted" , then you are living with the ideals of a fascist my friend....

How about you make some sense Ripley! seems to be a common trait in your posts, You judge a post, offering a mere insult as a reply, and yet, not offering any insight, from your "liberally illuminated mind"...... you probably cut & paste your replies from the guardian newspaper!

Being gay is no different in terms of natural as being straight.

I've made my arguements in the past on this subject. Just because you refuse logic and science and would and are more inclinded to stick to religious and social ignorant bias is your choice. Education is a choice not forced upon us.

When did you get your degree is human sexuality , psychology , genetics ? How many gay/lesbian homes that have children have you watched develoup over say 20 years ? ( did you know those kids tend to end up the same if not more stable than their straight counterparts having a lesson against people like you that make it rough ? that the only suffering they go through is the result of people like you ? uneducated on the subject and filled with ignorance on the matter ? and they end up gay the same percentage they do coming from straight families !!! so no having a gay parent(s) doesn't make gay kids.)

When have you even decided to remain neutral and read all there is out there on the subject ? Educated people tend to look at data that doesn't have an agenda --- as religion does.

why does it scare you so much anyway ? what has it to do with you ? here is something you need to read - as well as others who think like you . Please , do yourself a favor and read it. You might learn something about yourself.

<a href="http://www.petertatchell.net/homophobia/bigots are buggers.htm" target="_blank">http://www.petertatchell.net/homophobia/bi...e buggers.htm</a>

Edited by Lt_Ripley

simple answer is, same sex couples shouldnt get treatment such has IVF, if they want kids they'll just have to do what nature intended after that its upto them and we cant argue.

I couldn't care less about gay fetishist marriage, however i believe that bringing/forcing a child into their little fantasy world, and thinking that the child will grow up, feeling fine with the marital set up, is a pipe dream!

Kids need stability, and also normality, even if other kids don't say anything, do you believe that the said child will feel Normal? No of course not!

its like kids with parents are much older than the peers, they to feel embarrassed, but in this case, you can times it by 1000.....

If all you can do is label anyone who question the morals of this social madness as "Bigoted" , then you are living with the ideals of a fascist my friend....

First point, I am not your friend. Please do not make that assumption as I find it offencive.

Secondly, Bigot is a word that is used to describe a prejudiced person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities differing from his or her own. I think I was justified in describing you as a bigot based on your disgust at the idea of a same sex couple being assisted in having a child.

Thirdly, just for the record I am heterosexual (in case you thought my opinion was based on me being a screaming queen or something).

Now I have a question for you. Do you believe that children from single parent families should be placed into the care of the state? After all they are not going to be brought up in the (as you would define) normal family unit.

you opened the can of worms scrummage for our daily!!.. gay vs non gay thread..every thread here turns into a gay argument it seems... :hmm:

Lt. Ripley, you're wasting your time. People like Lord scummage are already set in their mind on how they view the world around them. Just sit back and celebrate for a moment that lesbians are now allowed to take this leap in the UK ^_^.

why does it scare you so much anyway ? what has it to do with you ?

It has nothing to do with him.

He's one of the last of a dying breed of self-aware, proud bigots. He and his ilk are already deservedly in a minority.

His hate is probably in proportion to his impotence. (And not the sexual kind).

--Jaylemurph

Lt. Ripley, you're wasting your time. People like Lord scummage are already set in their mind on how they view the world around them. Just sit back and celebrate for a moment that lesbians are now allowed to take this leap in the UK ^_^.

leap of faith,

Lord scummage is speaking sense, hes closer to the truth than others. Is there any members on UM thats grew up with a same sex couple?

It has nothing to do with him.

He's one of the last of a dying breed of self-aware, proud bigots. He and his ilk are already deservedly in a minority.

His hate is probably in proportion to his impotence. (And not the sexual kind).

--Jaylemurph

he's a minority on UM maybe...just because theirs a disproportionate amount of homosexuals posting here, dont think you are the norm...

I have always wondered what could prompt people to be so concerned about what other people are doing when it comes to things like this. To have such outrage about this over so many other things that seem so much more outrageous...

Yeah your right Fluffy, i remember reading about a 46 year old pedophile who had sex with a boy of 15, the pedophile was cleared since the boy was only 4 months away from the legal age of consent...... Yup, the law says its ok, so i guess the idea of a 46 year old man sodomizing a 15 year old Boy shouldnt be questioned by Bigots like me!

Hell, in fact why not let lesbians get IVF treatment on the NHS! as im sure they will be the main funders for this exercise.... I dont mind my tax money going into things i don't approve of! Who am i to question things!

Jesus....this world is warped

Is there any members on UM thats grew up with a same sex couple?

I take it you and Scrummage did then? That is how you are able to assert your authority on the subject? Or would that assumption be incorrect and in fact you have no direct experience of the subject being discussed (the same as most of the rest of us).

Jesus....this world is warped

*sigh* lords upset the UM fag hag squads...i'm gonna go think up some anti bush slogans...bye

I take it you and Scrummage did then? That is how you are able to assert your authority on the subject? Or would that assumption be incorrect and in fact you have no direct experience of the subject being discussed (the same as most of the rest of us).

I take you are then no more an authority on this subject then him, meaning your opinion is worth just about as much as his?

Edited by Volos

Yeah your right Fluffy, i remember reading about a 46 year old paedophile who had sex with a boy of 15, the paedophile was cleared since the boy was only 4 months away from the legal age of consent......

You wouldn't happen to have a source for this miscarriage of justice would you? I was under the impression that the law was very strict on matters involving underage sex. I did not know it was a grey area, I thought a person was considered a minor until such time as they reached 16.

I take you are then no more an authority on this subject then him, meaning your opinion is worth just about as much as his?

Hence the final part of my post. However, putting opinions aside for a second. The term bigot was used perfectly accurately in my first reply to the OP.

:tu:

Edited by Spanky_