Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Government plan to allow Lesbian IVF

Syd Boggle

simple answer is, same sex couples shouldnt get treatment such has IVF, if they want kids they'll just have to do what nature intended after that its upto them and we cant argue.

most do have kids the natural way ----- I only know one couple that had it IVF and it was a straight couple .

Lesbian couple have been having kids for years without IVF -- the old turkey baster remark ?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syd Boggle

• Lt_Ripley

• Bill Hill

• jaylemurph

Just sit back and celebrate for a moment that lesbians are now allowed to take this leap in the UK

Leap forward? I am uncertain in which direction the leap is going. Before you label me either a right wing conservative or a left wing liberal my concern is the first hand effects I witness in my own nephew using other male 5 year olds as a yard stick. Polite, intelligent, hygenic all of the things that on the surface make a normal 5 year old. The first thing I notice is his inability to interact with male adults. His read on heterosexual couples being abnormal is the most alarming. I am not sure of the numbers and will in all likihood be opening up myself for critizism. I believe the majority of couples to be hetrosexual. A situation he views as abnormal. I could go on but space and time limit my freedom to express my opinions. I am very open minded when it comes to same sex couples and the living arrangments there off. I just am not sure that same sex couples should have and raise children. I could be wrong but until I see the results of some studies that are free of hidden agenda I am going to continue to lean far to the right on this issue.

I don't see what business it is of anyone elses if two females wish to have a child . so long as the child is loved who cares what gender its parents are .

Hence the final part of my post. However, putting opinions aside for a second. The term bigot was used perfectly accurately in my first reply to the OP.

You do understand that term applies perfectly to you as well?

Edited by Volos

Yeah your right Fluffy, i remember reading about a 46 year old pedophile who had sex with a boy of 15, the pedophile was cleared since the boy was only 4 months away from the legal age of consent...... Yup, the law says its ok, so i guess the idea of a 46 year old man sodomizing a 15 year old Boy shouldnt be questioned by Bigots like me!

Hell, in fact why not let lesbians get IVF treatment on the NHS! as im sure they will be the main funders for this exercise.... I dont mind my tax money going into things i don't approve of! Who am i to question things!

Jesus....this world is warped

remember ---- the majority of pedophiles of both girls and boys are straight men

I don't mind my tax money going into things i don't approve of! Who am i to question things!

Jesus....this world is warped

I am not overly ecstatic about my tax money funding the treatment of diseases that smokers get due to their habit, or the treatment of obese people for diseases that could be avoided had they just stopped shoving cream cakes down their throats. But that is life I guess.

:rolleyes:

he's a minority on UM maybe...just because theirs a disproportionate amount of homosexuals posting here, dont think you are the norm...

actually with numbers conservatively at one out of ten ---- there should be more of us.

You do understand that term applies perfectly to you as well?

To most of us I would say. Which is why i could not understand Scrummage disputing the fact.

I take it you and Scrummage did then? That is how you are able to assert your authority on the subject? Or would that assumption be incorrect and in fact you have no direct experience of the subject being discussed (the same as most of the rest of us).

Its a waste of time this topic beause we're going to go around in circles, and by the time we get to page 29 it will look the same as page one, I've been thinking if there is any psychological damage to children born to same sex couples, it will be the Child that sufferers not me. :innocent:

Leap forward? I am uncertain in which direction the leap is going. Before you label me either a right wing conservative or a left wing liberal my concern is the first hand effects I witness in my own nephew using other male 5 year olds as a yard stick. Polite, intelligent, hygenic all of the things that on the surface make a normal 5 year old. The first thing I notice is his inability to interact with male adults. His read on heterosexual couples being abnormal is the most alarming. I am not sure of the numbers and will in all likihood be opening up myself for critizism. I believe the majority of couples to be hetrosexual. A situation he views as abnormal. I could go on but space and time limit my freedom to express my opinions. I am very open minded when it comes to same sex couples and the living arrangments there off. I just am not sure that same sex couples should have and raise children. I could be wrong but until I see the results of some studies that are free of hidden agenda I am going to continue to lean far to the right on this issue.

his read on heterosexual couples abnormal ? well not if he was gay. and yes plenty know at that age - I did.

or , sadly , someone close to him has sexually abused him which would skew how he sees couples . Most pedophiles that abuse kids , girls and/or boys , are straight - so you may want to look first at who he lives with.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

actually with numbers conservatively at one out of ten ---- there should be more of us.

but if you read this thread its nine out of ten promoting as scrummage puts it, gayfetishism...this sites like a homo mecca.. i had my thread yesterday turned into a gay thread..you homos need to quit your crying...toughen up...or get out..

Being gay is no different in terms of natural as being straight.

How do you figure that LT?, their is a big difference, and that is, to be Gay fetishist is abnormal (minority population) as opposed heterosexual being Normal (the majority)

now as for science, we all know their is no conclusive proof that one is born gay fetishist, just like there is no conclusive proof to man made global warming!

Society has to stop pandering to peoples demand for scientific solutions to their social eccentricity,

its like transsexual men having the op on the NHS, except after their transition to becoming a woman, they date another woman in a a lesbian relationship! tell whats not mental about that!

So really LT, you seem to be a person that will defend any cause, as long as its a liberal one! your views are about as balanced as a gay man in a public lavatory

but if you read this thread its nine out of ten promoting as scrummage puts it, gayfetishism...this sites like a homo mecca.. i had my thread yesterday turned into a gay thread..you homos need to quit your crying...toughen up...or get out..

maybe it's you who should toughen up seeing how gay people seem to threaten you so much or is it because your actually turned on by the thought ?

PETER TATCHELL says new research confirms that most homophobes are self-loathing, repressed homosexuals.

Research by US psychologists suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings. This finding lends scientific support to the long-standing speculation that those who shout the loudest against homosexuality have something to hide.

The research results were published in the prestigious Journal of Abnormal Psychology, with the backing of the American Psychological Association.

In tests conducted by Prof. Henry E Adams of the University of Georgia, homophobic men who said they were exclusively heterosexual were shown gay *spam filter*s. Four out of five became sexually aroused by the homoerotic imagery, as recorded by a penile circumference measuring device - a plethysmograph.

Prof. Adams says his research shows that most homophobes "demonstrate significant sexual arousal to homosexual erotic stimuli", suggesting that homophobia is a form of "latent homosexuality where persons are either unaware of or deny their homosexual urges".

http://www.petertatchell.net/homophobia/bi...e%20buggers.htm

now we see why your so angry.

Leap forward? I am uncertain in which direction the leap is going. Before you label me either a right wing conservative or a left wing liberal my concern is the first hand effects I witness in my own nephew using other male 5 year olds as a yard stick. Polite, intelligent, hygenic all of the things that on the surface make a normal 5 year old. The first thing I notice is his inability to interact with male adults.

No worries, I won't be labeling you anything. I respect your difference of opinion. It is an unfortunate situation for your nephew, I'm really sorry to hear that. I think we tend to, and could even say base every opinion on personal experiences. But can that speak for every child out there with same sex parents? Until there is a study out showing that the majourity of children suffer than I am keeping my mind open on this situation. Personally, I don't think there is any problem with same sex parents. I'm not going to get into my opinion any deeper than that simply because I'm tired of speaking like a broken record on this subject which has been done numerous times in the past.

How do you figure that LT?, their is a big difference, and that is, to be Gay fetishist is abnormal (minority population) as opposed heterosexual being Normal (the majority)

now as for science, we all know their is no conclusive proof that one is born gay fetishist, just like there is no conclusive proof to man made global warming!

Society has to stop pandering to peoples demand for scientific solutions to their social eccentricity,

its like transsexual men having the op on the NHS, except after their transition to becoming a woman, they date another woman in a a lesbian relationship! tell whats not mental about that!

So really LT, you seem to be a person that will defend any cause, as long as its a liberal one! your views are about as balanced as a gay man in a public lavatory

true there is no conclusive proof yet - just like there isn't any to say that people are born straight !!!!

as for the gay man in a public lavatory - you would know better than I.

As this is now a two way discussion on the pros and cons of homosexuality between Ripley and Scrummage I quess it is pointless getting involved.

:rofl:

true there is no conclusive proof yet - just like there isn't any to say that people are born straight !!!!

as for the gay man in a public lavatory - you would know better than I.

No LT, your missing the point, most people are born straight!

now, i dont need you to go and cut and paste more flimsy scientific evidence! god forbid you post something of your own!

Most people are born straight, how do i prove it? easy, statistically most people are in conventional relationships! now i know what your thinking! your thinking that most of those could be forced to live conventional lives! Now the truth is usually simple! and people like yourself are often chasing the boogie man evidence, which really doesn't exist!

You just hope it does!

As for me knowing better, i do, iv'e frequented many a public lavatory, and observed many a mans *SpamFilter*, I have to say, it never done a thing for me! but hey i've looked, I questioned it, and i've moved on!....... perhaps you should to! the truth is always simple, not the complex web of liberal *Spamfilter* which keeps people like yourself constantly contorting the facts to keep yourselves "current man"

As this is now a two way discussion on the pros and cons of homosexuality between Ripley and Scrummage I quess it is pointless getting involved.

:rofl:

ripley seems to represent gays everywhere...he can handle it..

The gay rights movement's approach to the nature vs nurture debate.. always makes me laugh, :lol:

See, they consider being gay 100% nature- ie genetic...'we had no choice in the matter..what-so-ever'

ok, but what about raising a child? Don't you think the child might not like it? I certainly wouldn't have like it, as child,

because my instinct would say to me 'something ain't right here'.Might not be fashionable to admit it but it's true.

Yet, the response from the Gay right's movement is usually "Oh no! The child will accept it.. raising a child is 100% nurture nature has no influence what-so-ever!"

Kinda double standards...don't ya think? :unsure2:

ripley seems to represent gays everywhere...he can handle it..

Sounds like fun, think I'll grab some popcorn and shoot occasionally from the side lines. :tu:

Is everybody in? Let the ceremony begin.

No male role model at all.

What about you ?? You can be a wonderful role model for him as well as your father (his grandfather)....Are you both in his life ??

Looking at the whole gay fetish scene "on an evolutionary perspective" if at the dawn of human creation, Gay fetishness was natural, then the gay ideal, would have also evolved,along with the hetro ideal, which would result in total acceptance in this stage of evolution, it would be as normal as tea and biscuits...

Of course, this is not the case!

Im my view, this clearly suggests it to be a psychological anomaly! So why should an innocent child be subjected to the whims of someones selfish agenda , for psychological self fulfillment... where a synthetic scientific method is needed to fulfill their wishes

nothing natural about it!