Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Government plan to allow Lesbian IVF

Syd Boggle

How do you figure that LT?, their is a big difference, and that is, to be Gay fetishist is abnormal (minority population) as opposed heterosexual being Normal (the majority)

You make the error of mistaking normal with average.

Heterosexuality is average, Homosexuality is not average. That does not make either not normal.

Just of note;

Its estimated around 10% of the human population is homosexual.

Also about 10% of the population is left handed.

By your argument being left handed is also unnatural. I guess you don’t think left-handed people should be allowed to have children either.

Also since you say minority populations are abnormal, here are a few more populations I assume you believe are abnormal;

Whites (more blacks and Asians in the world)

Males (females make 53% of the population)

People from Dulwich Village (lets face it, compared to China and India everyone must be abnormal)

Now I’m just guessing you’re white and male from your avatar, but either way by your own argument you’re as abnormal as you claim the gays are.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syd Boggle

• Lt_Ripley

• Bill Hill

• jaylemurph

Well I have watched and no they are not more stable if any thing they are confused. For instance my step son. Who was raised by two women his grandma and great grandma. Who both did not like men.

A single case doesn't tell you anything.

I'm 100% certain there is also at least one guy out there somewhere that was raised by a male and a female that also does not like men.

Maybe a slightly bigger sample size would be more significant.

Edited by Ins0mniac

You make the error of mistaking normal with average.

Heterosexuality is average, Homosexuality is not average. That does not make either not normal.

Just of note;

By your argument being left handed is also unnatural. I guess you don’t think left-handed people should be allowed to have children either.

Also since you say minority populations are abnormal, here are a few more populations I assume you believe are abnormal;

People from Dulwich Village (lets face it, compared to China and India everyone must be abnormal)

Now I’m just guessing you’re white and male from your avatar, but either way by your own argument you’re as abnormal as you claim the gays are.

Excuse my absence in this topic, since i have been away for a few days working, for those interested I am a Food & hygiene inspector...

Anyway, Talon, I am not mistaken, Normal is the word i used, and thats what i meant! don't try and dilute your argument with pseudo intellectual wordplay! it does nothing for your point!

apart form demonstrate pointless banality...........

Hmm, well your first point, "Whites" ....what is abnormal, is their breeding rate (Asia & Africa), they reproduce at a rate which they are unable to maintain without aid, however their race is as natural as locusts, but their cultural way of living, is a proven failure...., not withstanding their general hatred of homosexuality!

Second point " Males" ,yes females make 53% of the population, but i guess by using your "10% of the population is gay theory" would mean that 43% of women are still normal!.....not sure what your point was there!

Third Point "Dulwich" the fact is, compared to most places in the UK, the people of Dulwich are generally more educated, conservative, and contribute more to society with cold hard cash, which of course, funds the pointless research, which you, and others, so love use the statistics of....

Now Talon, if 10% of the population is Gay fetish, and 10% are left handed, then does that mean, based on a 6 billion population, that there are 60 million left handed gay fetishists?

Erm. whats your point?

Oh, and by the way, chess has to be the most boring game in history! yawn

Edited by lord scrummage

Excuse my absence in this topic, since i have been away for a few days working, for those interested I am a Food & hygiene inspector...

Somehow, I always sort of thought of you as being a character off Fawlty Towers... ;)

--Jaylemurph

I predict these children will grow up emotionally sound. A loving parental relationship, being wanted, these are the things that count.

Edited by Betsy

I predict these children will grow up emotionally sound. A loving parental relationship, being wanted, these are the things that count.

most do... the only upset they may get is from the uneducated bigot.

remember , most gay people come from straight families , and anyone who has kept up with the studies knows gay people raising kids doesn't make for more gay kids ------ the numbers come out pretty much the same percent.

as for screwed up ? kids raised by gay parents are usually just as adjusted as from straight families and tend to be more accepting of others over all compared to straight raised children. .

the only ones who are screwed up are those who are bellyaching and have no clue.

Don't make me laugh! these kids will grow up feeling like their part of local freak show........Or perhaps, the kid will come to his or her own conclusion, and feel their family set up is a bit Dodgy!

OH, but we cant have that, because if a 10 year old questions their erm..( Mum & Mum )and believe me they will!, and they are not satisfied with the explanation, in the eyes of many of you, that will make the child a Bigot......

so true lord scrummage,

Its the belief that the kid is gonna say WOW i have two mums aren't i cool, dellusion.

I was watching a program today about childrens behaviour at school, the parents of one unruly teenager was flabbergasted at how unruly their kid was, i loved his response, "its allways other peoples kids who are unruly" :lol: we all live in a dellusion.

The grass is always greener on the otherside :wacko:

a good way to make serial killers i guess <_<

Excellent point Chemical! Any kid brought up in a sexually questionable family set-up, is going to develop strange sexual perspective in life.......If parliament votes in this new law, we will have a future generation of sexual predators! or should i say (for the liberal apologists), Forward thinking, sexual Conquistadors....

If i was raised by same sex parents, I think i would end up going to the local butchers, and feeding myself into the bacon slicing machine.........

If i was raised by same sex parents, I think i would end up going to the local butchers, and feeding myself into the bacon slicing machine.........

:lol: its ok son you got 2 mummys IS YOUR ROOM TIDY, NO PEEING ON THE SEAT, TWICE! bacon slicing machine is the only answer i totally agree lord

Excellent point Chemical! Any kid brought up in a sexually questionable family set-up, is going to develop strange sexual perspective in life.......If parliament votes in this new law, we will have a future generation of sexual predators!

Why's that?

What does being a sexual predator have to do with having gay parents?

Gay people are no more likely to be sexual predators than straight people.

And I'm pretty sure the type of sex my parents got up to had no affect on me. In fact, I was totally unaware of it. I'm assuming the same would be likely for most children brought up with same-sex parents.

Excellent point Chemical! Any kid brought up in a sexually questionable family set-up, is going to develop strange sexual perspective in life.......If parliament votes in this new law, we will have a future generation of sexual predators! or should i say (for the liberal apologists), Forward thinking, sexual Conquistadors....

one has to wonder seeing how insecure and hateful you are that your parents not only were the same but somehow affected your sense of sexuality so much as to make you angry and afraid of something that has no effect on your life.

or does it.??? time to come out lord ???

like they say -- those who protest too much .....

I'm willing to bet good money you are. You already admitted you like looking while in restrooms and have thought about it as you observed many men . Of course you have to deny it's done anything for you .

As for me knowing better, i do, iv'e frequented many a public lavatory, and observed many a mans *SpamFilter*, I have to say, it never done a thing for me! but hey i've looked, I questioned it, and i've moved on!.

Be easy on yourself. your self hatred is unbecoming.

ps --- as to your quip of -

Do it the old fashioned way, if your a lesbian fetishist, get drunk, and sleep with a man! what you scared of?

getting converted....

plenty of lesbians have kids that way .......... as to coversion ? same can be said to you - maybe all you need is a good one from some gay man. it would work both ways wouldn't it logically ? so what are you scared of ?

Edited by Lt_Ripley

I used to be in the middle...or part of the 'so what' crowd but the illogical arguments, pseudoscience and myths perpetrated the gayrights advocates

soon becomes irritating.

Ironically, I learnt most of the arguments from people on this site.

I mean take the standard issue rhetoric, we hear all the time- take this pro-gay site for example

Childen living with gay parents

Research studies have shown that same-sex parenting revealed that children living with two moms or two dads develop normally. In some cases it has shown boys to be less sexually adventuresome, and girls are more sexually daring. Children living with two parents of the same sex also seem to endure ridicule, taunting, and harassment from other children because of their parents' sexual orientation.

Charlotte Patterson, a research psychologist said, "When you look at children with standard psychological assessments; you can't tell which child is living with gay/lesbian parents from a child living with heterosexual parents." She comments, "Studies to date are relatively few and open to criticism."

spot the contradiction...

After a while you notice contradictions all the time... but it doesn't seem to stop pro-gay side from ignoring them..or only using biased research- and just carrying on..

would have been nice if you included the rest of the story instead of cherry pick it.

The benefits of having two lesbian parents have shown that the non-biological lesbian parent was more involved with the children than the fathers of heterosexual couples. Children of gay/lesbian parents also tend to be less prejudiced. There are no negative affects on developmental outcomes with children who have lesbian parents.

There are three major concerns some may have when it comes to gay/lesbian parenting. The first one is that some think a child being brought up with two moms or two dads have a better chance of having homosexual tendencies. The second thing is that children living with gay/lesbian parents will be more vulnerable to mental breakdown and will have more problems with adjustment difficulties and behavior problems. The third thing is these children will experience difficulty in social relationships, which then will lead to being stigmatized, teased, or even victimized by other children.

The above paragraph is the opinion of some researchers. There is no difference in gay/lesbian parenting compared to heterosexual parenting. Most children weather they have gay/lesbian parents or heterosexual parents experience ridicule, harassment, and taunting from other children. It all boils down to parents need to raise their children right and teach them not to dislike or disrespect others all because of their lifestyle, or who they are as a person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heavens, some people have some inscrurities, haven't they. In a way I suppose, it's interesting to see that naked, paranoid homophobia still does exist and that some people aren't afraid to admit to it. Admitting it yourself is the first step; maybe there's a chance of making some progress yet.

And I'm pretty sure the type of sex my parents got up to had no affect on me. In fact, I was totally unaware of it. I'm assuming the same would be likely for most children brought up with same-sex parents.

Haha! Imagine how many people's parents here practice any variety of "questionable" sexual acts without them having the slightest idea. Dear normal heterosexual mommy and daddy engaged in sadomasochism, choking fetishes, leg/boot/nazi uniform fetishes... It may indeed be that some of us have closet homosexual parents.

I think it's great. Gay couples who wants to parent will no longer have to deal with the health hazard of going outside of their partnership to start a baby. I hope they require the non-biological mom to accept full financial and legal responsibility for the kid in advance, so that the child comes into this world with two parents. It would suck if the sperm donor got slapped with a paternity suit after the gay relationship broke up.

I think it's great. Gay couples who wants to parent will no longer have to deal with the health hazard of going outside of their partnership to start a baby. I hope they require the non-biological mom to accept full financial and legal responsibility for the kid in advance, so that the child comes into this world with two parents. It would suck if the sperm donor got slapped with a paternity suit after the gay relationship broke up.

I don't know about in the UK , but child support from the partner has already been established in courts.

lol kinda ironic - you can't marry , but the courts will make you pay child support.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

Don't make me laugh! these kids will grow up feeling like their part of local freak show........Or perhaps, the kid will come to his or her own conclusion, and feel their family set up is a bit Dodgy!

OH, but we cant have that, because if a 10 year old questions their erm..( Mum & Mum )and believe me they will!, and they are not satisfied with the explanation, in the eyes of many of you, that will make the child a Bigot......

Ha! Psychological Transference!

Or, just because Scrummage is a bigot, doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Why's that?

What does being a sexual predator have to do with having gay parents?

Gay people are no more likely to be sexual predators than straight people.

Actually, gay people are far, far less likely. Something like 98% of all child molesters are self-identified as straight. In other words, the theory of gays being child molesters is either a lie deliberately fostered by bigots like Scrummage or fostered by their ignorance.

--Jaylemurph

There you go again LT, spouting off the usual (cut & paste) statistics for kids brought up by same sex parents! of course this research must be quite thorough! since same sex parents are common place!......Hmm or not?

Sounds to me, that the flimsy research you so like to refer to, probably has about 1000 subjects (worldwide), and i am being generous with that!..... Your dodgy statistics are about as dodgy as the probable Gay Statisticians who compiled them!..... its all rather favorable.... Since its a minority issue, people glance over it & dont give it another thought!

Almost like sneaking an ideal through the back door! Hmm, no pun intended.....

As for your vile attacks on my persona, well, this demonstrates a form of aggression in you, that is frustrated, confused, and desperate to gain Gay fetishness credibility!

you are failing miserably, your argument is about as credible as Vanilla ice, I almost feel like relenting out of sympathy... But i wont

Ha! Psychological Transference!

Or, just because Scrummage is a bigot, doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

--Jaylemurph

It seems to me, that for a lot of the Liberals in UM, if one doesnt agree with them, then that makes them a Bigot!

Now im not sure, but ive seen research that suggests Bigots are born that way, and not nurtured that way!

Hey looks like the Bigots are using the same argument as the Gay Fetishists!..........More power to the bigot, AKA the moderate realist!

Edited by lord scrummage

mate, you've got some problems.

seek professional help.