Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UK Government plan to allow Lesbian IVF

Syd Boggle

It is perfectly logical and reasonable to assume that the biological purpose of sex is for reproduction of the species. It is perfectly logical and reasonable to acknowledge that optimum functioning of the sexes is to be attracted to the opposite for the purpose of reproduction. Without a moral or ethical value placed on it, it is perfectly logical and reasonable to accept that heterosexuality is a superior state of functioning in comparison to homosexuality.

But you're not /not/ placing "a moral or ethical value" on reproduction. You're clearly privileging it. Reproduction may be a need for the entirety of the species, but it's certainly not a needful factor for the individual, especially considering the looming threat of global over-population -- even considering that homosexuals can have children through IVF or adoption.

You're also assuming that sex can only have one, single purpose (reproduction) which is clearly negated by most people having sex most of the time! I mean, I've never once had sex with the intention of breeding, and there's pretty big corporate concerns who agree!

If this is your attempt at a cold, rational argument, then Fox News has found a new reporter!

Statistics in the USA show that 40% of the children raised by homosexuals became homosexuals as adults. It is logical to accept reality and base law upon reality rather than on illogical emotional variables. To do otherwise virtually always leads to a disaster of some type.

You can back that up, right?

--Jaylemurph

Edited by Kismit

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Syd Boggle

• Lt_Ripley

• Bill Hill

• jaylemurph

You're also assuming that sex can only have one, single purpose (reproduction) which is clearly negated by most people having sex most of the time! I mean, I've never once had sex with the intention of breeding, and there's pretty big corporate concerns who agree!

If this is your attempt at a cold, rational argument, then Fox News has found a new reporter!

That's right...jaylemurph the purpose of pleasure in sex, from an evolution perspective is not as a motivation mechanism to get people to reproduce' nah it's there just to make ya feel good.

You can do it, whatever your personal fetish.

smirks...

Edited by Kismit

That's right...jaylemurph the purpose of pleasure in sex, from an evolution perspective is not as a motivation mechanism to get people to reproduce' nah it's there just to make ya feel good.

You can do it, whatever your personal fetish.

smirks...

Well, unlike you Billy (or so one can only assume from your position), I have the ability to /choose/ whether or not I do things, though certainly, pleasure is a compelling principal. It's what separates us from animals: I don't rut around using evolutionary instinct for pleasure as my sole guide.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by Kismit

I will again remind posters that this site is accesible to all age groups.

The general rule of thumb I expect you to follow is, that if you wouldn't feel comfortable saying it in front of your dear old Granny, then you shouldn't be saying it here.

Also, seeing as I am a less than patient person and that I also expect posters to behave without interference from Staff or Admin this is the only warning I will be issuing which does not include Warning increases and or suspensions.

The kids will suffer only if the parents are bad parents, not because they are lesbian.

It is perfectly logical and reasonable to assume that the biological purpose of sex is for reproduction of the species. It is perfectly logical and reasonable to acknowledge that optimum functioning of the sexes is to be attracted to the opposite for the purpose of reproduction. Without a moral or ethical value placed on it, it is perfectly logical and reasonable to accept that heterosexuality is a superior state of functioning in comparison to homosexuality.

Statistics in the USA show that 40% of the children raised by homosexuals became homosexuals as adults. It is logical to accept reality and base law upon reality rather than on illogical emotional variables. To do otherwise virtually always leads to a disaster of some type.

'

where do you find such garbage ?

heterosexuality is a superior state of functioning ? because of reproduction ? is that why so many kids( not babies , EVERYONE wants a baby) who need foster / adoptive homes can't find any ? who cares what happens to them after they are born as long as they are ? so much for superior functioning.

the world has over 6 billion people. you need not worry about humans dying out . that's paranoia.

speaking of personal fetish ---- why is you you can never keep away from the gay posts billy ? and why is it only the closted gays put them up ?

I'd love to see the results of you and lord , and other like minded , taking that test you nervously laugh at.

Research by US psychologists suggests that 80 percent of men who are homophobic have secret homosexual feelings. This finding lends scientific support to the long-standing speculation that those who shout the loudest against homosexuality have something to hide.

The research results were published in the prestigious Journal of Abnormal Psychology, with the backing of the American Psychological Association.

<a href="http://www.petertatchell.net/homophobia/bigots are buggers.htm" target="_blank">http://www.petertatchell.net/homophobia/bi...e buggers.htm</a>

and yes they should hook up your female counterparts.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

You know its funny because I think most of the people flipping out on here must have SJ personalities.

Meyers Briggs

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/

I'd be curious to see you all post your types. I am an INTP and I think Ripley is as well. As such we tend to judge each situation by the reality of it and not some present standard to be adhered to .

This thread reminds me of my sis who commented to me this weekend after visiting me and my family for the first time in 5 years, that she assumed that it was difficult for my sons to adjust to having two fathers. Since I am divorced and my ex husband usually gets along very very well with my sons from both marriages and my husband treats his step children like his own.

I was floored that sis had this neat packaged thought of my family life based on her own judgements since most people admire and commend the way my family has worked together over the years.

I too wonder why others need to judge other people's choices and the bottom line is lack of happiness in ones own life.

As Lord Scrummage for example has posted in the past he's none too thrilled with the current life and as such this pattern emerges again and again on this forum.

People that are happy are generally not too bothered when others try to find their own happiness. Those that are unhappy tend to be piggish about it getting spread around.

Edited by truethat

I don't think this thread is going to be anywhere but further downhill, given the contraversial nature of the views expressed in the opening posts and the many pages of replies since then i'm suprirsed how long this has lasted. There have been several moderators involved in maintaining this thread at a civil level and more than enough offensive comments and crude references which have had to be removed or edited, a thread was even started in protest over the nature of some of the responses here.

As such and seen as there is little sign of this improving any time soon I think we can safely close this one down.

I would like to remind everyone however to be as respectful as possible for the views, beliefs and lifestyles of other people in future threads, especially if you don't happen to agree with them.