Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Identical Twins absolutely identical

Lotus Flower

FOR decades they were inseparable, identical twins who dressed, thought and spoke as one.

The astonishing Chaplin twins made headlines around the world for their bizarre life as near-perfect clones of each other.

Freda and Greta walked in step, ate in tandem, had the same mannerisms and, incredibly, often appeared to speak simultaneously.

But now Freda is facing the rest of her life alone - after the death of Greta at the age of 64.

The pair lived in Moor Lane, York, in the same house where they were born in 1943. and in 1981 their remarkably close life was exposed to the world.

A lorry driver took them to court claiming they had hounded him for 15 years.

Freda and Greta Chaplin

Photo of the twins

I blame the mother, she would never let them develop their own identity, look what it's done now!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotus Flower

• crtDzyn

• glorybebe

• swtp

Top Posters In This Topic

They look very sad in the picture...Not an ounce of individuality between them..I wouldn't be surprised if the other twin doesn't pass away soon...

They look very sad in the picture...Not an ounce of individuality between them..I wouldn't be surprised if the other twin doesn't pass away soon...

Yes, sort of pine away.

I thought the same when I first saw their photos. I thought they looked as miserable as sin to be honest.

Seriously though, what sort of life did they have. Everybody needs time to themselves on occasions if only to collect their thoughts and make decisions.

No wonder I was never born a twin, I would probably have knocked them out :lol:

Thats exactly what i was thinking! It doesn,t look like they have ever smiled once in their lives!

Thats exactly what i was thinking! It doesn,t look like they have ever smiled once in their lives!

There was a set of twins I knew when I was little who had developed their own language. They were actually studied because they were so unique and would ignore anyone who didn't speak their language. Once they were in school, though they started to develop their own personalities.

There was a set of twins I knew when I was little who had developed their own language. They were actually studied because they were so unique and would ignore anyone who didn't speak their language. Once they were in school, though they started to develop their own personalities.

I,ve heard of that secret language thing between twins on a program on t.v. And as nice as it is to be close to your twin, when they get so close they exclude other relationships, it,s unhealthy and down right creepy!

I,ve heard of that secret language thing between twins on a program on t.v. And as nice as it is to be close to your twin, when they get so close they exclude other relationships, it,s unhealthy and down right creepy!

Yes, it can be really creepy. That is why the parents really need to help the kids to be individuals, not like this mom in this OP.

Yes, it can be really creepy. That is why the parents really need to help the kids to be individuals, not like this mom in this OP.

Actually, I did read an article in a magazine about these twins a short while back and the mother was quoted as saying to the twins when they were small

"She always told us to stick with each other and never go with any men. She would tell us 'When you go to the shops, always ask for two of something. If they've only got one, don't take it'"

I mean it is little things like this that must have moulded them into the adults they became.

That's so weird. *looks up* ... oh, right, im in the world of the bizarre :rolleyes:

Anyone else reminded of mimes without make up on when you look at that picture? :huh:

Actually, I did read an article in a magazine about these twins a short while back and the mother was quoted as saying to the twins when they were small

"She always told us to stick with each other and never go with any men. She would tell us 'When you go to the shops, always ask for two of something. If they've only got one, don't take it'"

I mean it is little things like this that must have moulded them into the adults they became.

Their mother must have been some kind of nut to give such advice! I've never heard of such a thing....

Their mother must have been some kind of nut to give such advice! I've never heard of such a thing....

:lol:

I think she was probably quite eccentric :lol:

Shutting the outside world an becoming one in the same? :/

You know in that picture? I can tell them apart easily enough. I wonder what they would do if I told them that...? :evil:

I wish I had a twin. had our own language and all but not that close that we are seen as one.

I was good friends with a guy for a long time before I even found out he had a twin brother. Apparently they hated each other, I found that kinda odd. Never met anybody who hated their twin.

I was good friends with a guy for a long time before I even found out he had a twin brother. Apparently they hated each other, I found that kinda odd. Never met anybody who hated their twin.

He never said why they hated each other?

Perhaps one of them nicked the other's girlfriend once or something. Perhaps it was just jealousy.