Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Condemn the Bush Labor Board's Assault on

Bob26003

Thank you...we are often on different ends of the spectrum, but you can see both sides.

My pleasure... :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob26003

• Michelle

• Fluffybunny

• Lt_Ripley

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

michele, I dont get it. Are you supporting the destruction of the American middle class?

I am middle class...why would I support that?

I support common sense.

michele, I dont get it. Are you supporting the destruction of the American middle class?

Yes I am sure thats it. I am sure she would love to see the destruction of the middle class she is a part of.

And even if some would, what about the ones that wouldn't and wouldn't give a fig if a person looses a body part in a machine expect that it held up production that day?

Workers regardless of their background or job deserve a voice.

Ripley good finds!

Yes those laws on the books to protect the worker are really useful. LOL!

Mabon.

That is what lawyers are for.

NO owner wants an employee hurt. None. It costs too much. Plain and simple.

The laws on the books that protect workers are held up on a regular basis in courts across the country do not need a union to do so.

Never worked in a coalmine. However I have worked a couple non union factory jobs.

And let me tell you. We were abused.

When I was 18 I worked the midnight shift in a fertilizer plant tossing 60 and 80 lb bags off a conveyer belt. For minimum wage with no benefits!

And it was an unsafe environment.

There was yellow dust all over everything. Ill probably get cancer.

And I will have no legal recourse. None!

Is that what you want for Americans?

I think you are barking at the wrong tree here. Labor Union started really with the support of most Americans, but the Union members themselves did not address or fix the abuses of the Union that is why many Americans are no longer sympathetic to it.

It's really the Union members shooting their own foot, not anyone else..

That is what lawyers are for.

NO owner wants an employee hurt. None. It costs too much. Plain and simple.

The laws on the books that protect workers are held up on a regular basis in courts across the country do not need a union to do so.

So if labor doesn't have a voice, as you guys are implying that they shouldn't. How long before these hard won laws get overturned thanks to corporate lobbyists?

I mean, why do you think are trade policy is so pro outsourcing? Lobbyists............

Labor is already getting the short end of the stick and has been for quite sometime.

Edited by Bob26003