Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wounded Soldiers Must Pay Back Bush

thewho?

If, as the Army response reported in the article suggests, the injured were brought home so quickly that the accounting office couldn't keep up, how did the same office know that those soldiers were injured and should, by twisted procedure, be billed for a refund due to lack of tour completion? That office was quick enough to pass the 'debt' onto collection agencies, so they must have known of a change in the status of those soldiers. So the office didn't lack knowledge of unintended cessation of duty. By default it seems, that office was set to treat injured soldiers like loan defaulters? Payroll error or 'they're just wee grunts in a bureaucratic sty'?

That, as the old saying goes, is a Killing Joke. You might have a laugh if not for the elephant on your face.

Like I said, you folks are simply trying to score political points on an error. The Military didn't say anything about taking back any compensation.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• thewho?

• The Silver Thong

• Unlimited

Like I said, you folks are simply trying to score political points on an error. The Military didn't say anything about taking back any compensation.

They didn't say it, it was delivered in the mail. Error, mistake? The real word is negligence. Was referral to debt collection agencies automated, or did someone in the military have to physically action it? Somebody or some whatever programmed it to happen.

It's one thing to argue whether or not invading Iraq was a mistake, but it's way beyond a mistake to ask for money back from injured soldiers paid to do it. Imagine Bush being asked to pay back for every time he's pwned himself in a speech. The budget would be in surplus.

They didn't say it, it was delivered in the mail. Error, mistake? The real word is negligence. Was referral to debt collection agencies automated, or did someone in the military have to physically action it? Somebody or some whatever programmed it to happen.

It's a program or a procedure, not some greedy General who is trying to screw the very soldier he cares for and commanded of some $$$. You are twisting the fact that it was money that was paid to the soldier by mistake.

It's one thing to argue whether or not invading Iraq was a mistake, but it's way beyond a mistake to ask for money back from injured soldiers paid to do it. Imagine Bush being asked to pay back for every time he's pwned himself in a speech. The budget would be in surplus.

See, here comes the puch line. BUSH! Like I said, you folks are just trying to score a political point on an error.

Edited by AROCES

This isn't a recent thing created by the conservatives to screw over wounded soldiers. This went on when Clinton was in office too. It's the system. A product of redtape.

****I am not a republican or a democrat. I have no political affiliations as I am non-partisan, so please do not assume I have any political motives for the above statement. Simply speaking as a once victim of this glitch in the system.*******

Edited by fylgja

See, here comes the puch line. BUSH! Like I said, you folks are just trying to score a political point on an error.

cmon aroces you know bush doesnt care about the soldiers..he just uses them for a background in his speeches..he's cut veteran benefits,gulf war vets especially..etc....ps anyone seen bruceprime?..i heard he sassed king triad and ....

Edited by Unlimited

cmon aroces you know bush doesnt care about the soldiers..he just uses them for a background in his speeches..he's cut veteran benefits,gulf war vets especially..etc....ps anyone seen bruceprime?..i heard he sassed king triad and ....

Bush won't have been a two term President had he been as evil as you portray him to be.

He simply won't agree with all the benefit you want for the soldiers becasue you think they deserve all of it. And he is not playing your game of who gives the most(tax payers money) is the one who support certain groups.

And he is not playing your game of who gives the most(tax payers money) is the one who support certain groups.

no he just gives tax breaks to the elite..screw the grunt soldier to the wall...

This isn't a recent thing created by the conservatives to screw over wounded soldiers. This went on when Clinton was in office too. It's the system. A product of redtape.

****I am not a republican or a democrat. I have no political affiliations as I am non-partisan, so please do not assume I have any political motives for the above statement. Simply speaking as a once victim of this glitch in the system.*******

So you were fighting overseas during the Clinton years and got injured resulting in having to pay back your signing bonus? What branch were you in? How badly injured were you from combat? Where exactly were you fighting? Who were you fighting?

Your post is pure rubbish.

Do you really think it took them 3 years to repair this "glitch" and just so happened to be "fixed" when this issue started to gain nationwide attention? Yeah right! This "glitch" theory is a desperate & embarrassing attempt to sweep this issue under the rug as left-wing mud slinging. It's just plain silly.
I can tell you people are getting really desperate now! You guys are grabbing at any string possible to slip back into a comfrotable state of denial. Sad really. Edited by thewho?

no he just gives tax breaks to the elite..screw the grunt soldier to the wall...

Yes, or you can say have the money in better use than go to bureaucratic waste.

With the soldiers, let us here it from the soldiers then that Bush is screwing them.

Yes, or you can say have the money in better use than go to bureaucratic waste.

With the soldiers, let us here it from the soldiers then that Bush is screwing them.

thats what this is aroces are you reading it?..they are complaining..

thats what this is aroces are you reading it?..they are complaining..

They? Who is they that you think is speaking for the whole military establishment?

They? Who is they that you think is speaking for the whole military establishment?

I thought that was you... :)

So the entire military establishment has to come forward and complain befor you will believe them. Gimmi a break

does the military establishment have a voice ?....

So the entire military establishment has to come forward and complain befor you will believe them. Gimmi a break

YUP, it's the Joint Chief of Staff that should fix such problems really, not the President.

YUP, it's the Joint Chief of Staff that should fix such problems really, not the President.

I don't think the soldiers care who fix's it as long as it gets fixed befor more wind up with messed up credit and added woe's. Maby Bush could apply a little preasure to get this injustice fixed.

Edited by The Silver Thong

the joint chief gets changed everytime things arent going well for bu****hese guys are skiddish..bush is the commander; lest you forget that?..

So you were fighting overseas during the Clinton years and got injured resulting in having to pay back your signing bonus? What branch were you in? How badly injured were you from combat? Where exactly were you fighting? Who were you fighting?

Your post is pure rubbish.

I can tell you people are getting really desperate now! You guys are grabbing at any string possible to slip back into a comfrotable state of denial. Sad really.

My husband served in the United States Navy during the Gulf War era, severly injured, lost many of his comrades, and now is medically reitred receiving a pension from the military. Clinton took office in '94 while he was still in the hospital. He received medical bills and bills for sign on bonuses from the department of defense. It was a mistake that was cleared up. As are these.

It was a mistake that was cleared up. As are these.
Gotta love those 15 year long "mistakes". I guess it's alright for the Bush administration to do these things because someone else did. What was I thinking? One would think these sort of actions wouldn't happen under the administration who is all for the troops and "honesty and integrity". Oh wait, nevermind. I forgot there is a difference between saying something and doing something. :lol: Poor body armor, poorly protected vehicles, Walter Reed, ect. the list goes on & on.

Blowing this off as a simple mistake is wishful thinking. It's not or it would have been fixed a long time ago.

As someone has already stated before, the Pentagon is hoping certain individuals won't question their authority. They won't reverse their decisions unless someone makes a big stink about it.

the joint chief gets changed everytime things arent going well for bu****hese guys are skiddish..bush is the commander; lest you forget that?..

The Commander in Chief is responsible for payroll error now, sounds silly really but you folks just have to get Bush I understand.

The Commander in Chief is responsible for payroll error now, sounds silly really but you folks just have to get Bush I understand.

I'm glad you understand... :D

It's a program or a procedure

What the fk does that mean? Is it a program by day and a procedure at night? Split personality without a name in charge? Not Bush, not a General. How about an accountant in charge of revenue streams? What? No-one? No-one had anything to do with this? It was just a mistake. Story ends. Mistakes are a form of life answerable to no-one. Zip.

not some greedy General who is trying to screw the very soldier he cares for and commanded of some $$$.

You are twisting the fact that it was money that was paid to the soldier by mistake.

You're doing the twist. You're saying, well, I think you're saying that it was a mistake to pay soldiers money post injury. But maybe you're saying that I'm saying that money was paid to the soldier by mistake. The difficulty of arguing with you is that we seem to know what you're wanting to say, but the way you put it makes you seem to be saying the complete opposite. There's an act of reverse psycho-cryptography required.

Political points? Just give me one headline. 'CHENEY SHOOTS BUSH IN HUNTING TRAGEDY'. Spokesman left speechless.

What the fk does that mean? Is it a program by day and a procedure at night? Split personality without a name in charge? Not Bush, not a General. How about an accountant in charge of revenue streams? What? No-one? No-one had anything to do with this? It was just a mistake. Story ends. Mistakes are a form of life answerable to no-one. Zip.

Yes, it was a mistake by the payroll department. There you go, now you know where to point your finger and accuse them of crime for their error.

You're doing the twist. You're saying, well, I think you're saying that it was a mistake to pay soldiers money post injury. But maybe you're saying that I'm saying that money was paid to the soldier by mistake. The difficulty of arguing with you is that we seem to know what you're wanting to say, but the way you put it makes you seem to be saying the complete opposite. There's an act of reverse psycho-cryptography required.

It was an error, that is what the Military is saying but you folks are crying for bloody murder and want a crime scene to go with it.

The difficulty with you is you want reality to be as what your mind think it is.

Political points? Just give me one headline. 'CHENEY SHOOTS BUSH IN HUNTING TRAGEDY'. Spokesman left speechless.

Yes, political point or Bush downfall has been you agenda ever since and what is funny is with about a year left you folks are still hoping. To go against his policy is all but normal, but to accuse him of murder for the slightest error in any part of the govt is plain hatred of extreme degree and lunacy.

Edited by AROCES